Missed call notifications not working properly/bugged after Pie update

When I get a missed call the phone does not show a notification on the lock screen at all, no matter how many calls.

Missed call notifications not working properly/bugged after Pie update

eddman eddman
✭✭  /  edited December 2018
When I get a missed call the phone does not show a notification on the lock screen at all, no matter how many calls.

Notifications only appear after I unlock the phone.

They start working after I restart the phone but stop working after a short while, maybe half an hour or so.

I did not have this problem with Oreo. This is unacceptable. I have the latest November update installed. The exact model is TA-1043 with firmware 00WW_3_260_SP01.

Comments

• Go to developer option and press standby apps and select phone app then choose "active", also check "phone" apps personal setting that it's notification are given high priority. Thanks:-)
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    Go to developer option and press standby apps and select phone app then choose "active", also check "phone" apps personal setting that it's notification are given high priority. Thanks:-)
    I checked the settings and they were as they should be. I even factory reset the phone and the problem is still there. This is a bug in the firmware itself.
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    I booted my phone into safe-mode to see if any non-firmware app is causing it. No, same issue in safe mode. Now I have no doubt its a bug in the firmware itself.
  • But mine works perfectly fine. Have you contacted Customer Service and if so what did they say?
  • eddman eddman
    jim in pa said:
    But mine works perfectly fine. Have you contacted Customer Service and if so what did they say?
    They said it might be a bug and will look into it, probably.

Do you have the exact model, ta-1043 with that firmware version? I get zero notifications for missed calls when the phone is locked, either on the lock screen or in the notification panel. I have to unlock the phone to make them materialize.

If it doesn't get fixed with the December or January updates, then I'd have to sell it and get another phone, possibly not a Nokia, which would be a shame.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I also have the TA-1043 with the same firmware, working perfectly. Do you have the default launcher? I use Microsoft Launcher for a long time now. Maybe you can try another launcher. Just a thought.
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    maxh said:
    I also have the TA-1043 with the same firmware, working perfectly. Do you have the default launcher? I use Microsoft Launcher for a long time now. Maybe you can try another launcher. Just a thought.
    I've tried the built-in launcher and lawnchair and the issue is the same. As I've already mentioned I even tried the safe-mode and the issue is present.

Here is a video showing the issue in action:

• maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I see. One big question, I see a notification led. Correct?
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    Don't you have a 6.1? It doesn't have a notification LED. That's the proximity sensor.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Ah, yes. I see it now on my own via my wifes phone. Thx for pointing it.
    Remains the issue eddman has. I don't have the answer right now.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @eddman, I assume you have checked "Manage Notifications" left below your blanco notification pop-up?
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I have Nokia 6.1 4GB/64GB TA-1089.Working Everything Fine.
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    I have Nokia 6.1 4GB/64GB TA-1089.Working Everything Fine.
    Then why did you even comment? You do not even have the same variant.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @eddman may be you have hardware or software issue either you goto service center reinstall software if this doesn't work then it will be your hardware issue.I just confirming working everything on mine.
  • eddman eddman
    @eddman may be you have hardware or software issue either you goto service center reinstall software if this doesn't work then it will be your hardware issue.I just confirming working everything on mine.
    You do realize that you do NOT have the same phone as me, right? 1043 is not the same as 1089. Please do not post "I have no issues" comments for an unrelated model variant.
  • eddman eddman
    I did something new today that had not crossed my mind before. I uninstalled the updates for the Phone app, which reverted it back to the default version 22.0.

Interestingly enough missed call notifications are now working properly with that version and show up on the lockscreen as soon as the call is dropped.

It seems that the problem is either with the newer versions of the Phone app itself, or that there is a compatibility issue in the Pie firmware with the new Phone app versions.

I wrote a review for the Phone app in store. Let's see if they can do something about it.
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Try this, it solves sometimes strange issues. Copied from XDA. I tried it, indeed some update was installed. No data was deleted, save to perform.

Turn the phone off and connect to the charger.
    Enter recovery:
    -Hold power + Vol Up until the phone turn on and then release power but not volume.
    -You will see and ****ed up android. Hold power and press vol up for 3 seconds and release volume up.
    With this you will be in the recovery. With the vol keys go to "Perform a Graphic Test" and press power to execute. It is kinda weird but it doesn't perform a graphic test, it just reinstall a update or something
    So if you are experiencing some weird behavior you can try this and see if it solve it.
  • eddman eddman
    ✭✭  / 
    maxh said:
    Try this, it solves sometimes strange issues. Copied from XDA. I tried it, indeed some update was installed. No data was deleted, save to perform.

Turn the phone off and connect to the charger.
    Enter recovery:
    -Hold power + Vol Up until the phone turn on and then release power but not volume.
    -You will see and ****ed up android. Hold power and press vol up for 3 seconds and release volume up.
    With this you will be in the recovery. With the vol keys go to "Perform a Graphic Test" and press power to execute. It is kinda weird but it doesn't perform a graphic test, it just reinstall a update or something
    So if you are experiencing some weird behavior you can try this and see if it solve it.
    Could you please post the XDA link here?

What issues were you having that this method fixed?
  • maxh maxh
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Bluetooth. Will try tomorrow to see the result.