The legendary Camera

Still makes goosebumps .. When watching  https://youtu.be/VXWr48lv2c8 Wish it would happen again ..  

The legendary Camera

wyk wyk
✭✭✭✭  / 
Still makes goosebumps .. When watching 

Wish it would happen again ..  

Comments

• Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I would also wish the same to happen again but the reality is that with just 13 phones in the market, NOKIA is struggling to give timely updates (after testing of-course). The 8 which was hyped as a flagship, didn't stand out much. Don't know what they are doing. It is a wild guess, but I think they are understaffed for bringing out any innovative or unique feature.

But all they want is your money. In return you get the same dull smartphone experience. Nothing to be excited about.

I was a Lumia user. I had 3 phones. I supported NOKIA and later Microsoft, hoping they would bring out something unique under their brand.

Gone are the days of "innovations".
  • r8805 r8805
     /  edited December 2018
    Its not the mega pixel count, its optimisation.

Nokia with symbian- the os was so optimised with the hardware that even 3mp camera of my N73 used to give awesome output.

Remember, Sony is behind those camera sensor which google using in its pixel series and they are the best in mobile photography.
    But sony ?
    They are not even in top 5.

Same here with nokia

Nokia soft department is doing great to port the latest os into their one phone line up but its half baked one, not optimised.

Nokia need to work hard on its imaging department as hardware is really top notch but camera is not properly optimised yet .
  • Daniel G M Daniel G M
    ✭✭✭  / 

Nokia soft department is doing great to port the latest os into their one phone line up but its half baked one, not optimised.

Nokia need to work hard on its imaging department as hardware is really top notch but camera is not properly optimised yet .
    There it is !
    I thought this happens only in the video game industry.
    They sell you a half baked product. We are forced to use forums and other means to point out the bugs and errors (from an end user level).

How affordable and easy money making this is !
    The fact that if they will actually consider your feedback is an unknown factor.

"Always on the path to better optimization"
    A polite excuse for "Give me your money now, The performance is being optimized."

I for myself don't want powerful hardware with half baked software, unable to utilize the true potential of the hardware.

Optimization can always happen later on. But I paid money for the promised hardware and software performance as advertised.
    If it is not delivered at the time of purchase of the device, then it's an unfinished product.
    The fact that there is no OIS on the N7+ proves they don't know what to put and where to put it.

It is a joke when NOKIA says the terms "research" & "testing". If they actually did what they said, then the state of our devices wouldn't be like this.

Some of the devices are still in Nougat (Nokia 2). Where is the Lite version of android promised for low end phones ?

First you got to have a stable platform, then only you can innovate on that. Or else, everything else will collapse.

PS.

Just finished watching the launch video of 8.1. It's just another notched phone. Nothing fancy about it.

Juho said 5 out of the 14 (including 8.1) have Pie now.

We know for a fact from the forums that some N7+ users are still stuck on Oreo.
    So much fragmentation within the OE itself.

I've been a NOKIA user for 8+ years. Have been through some rough patches (Lumia/Microsoft).
    I hope this is not the case with HMD Global.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yes but the story is quite different now.... reality is now tough to Nokia. After Microsoft's acquisition of Nokia all Lumia camera xperts joined them.. & some were fired by Microsoft later. After that HMD acquired Nokia but in that time a lot camera experts either left or stayed with MS. U know the legend behind Lumia camera Juha Alakarhu left when Nokia merged into MS.

So its fact now that. . That level camera developers and experts are no more with Nokia. So its tough to expect that level from HMD now.