Feature Request: FM Radio

Hi All, I create this topic to put all the people asking for FM Radio to be added to Nokia 8 in the future update.

Feature Request: FM Radio

Ehab Ehab
 /  edited November 9

Hi All,

I create this topic to put all the people asking for FM Radio to be added to Nokia 8 in the future update. Please leave a comment with AREE to count how many people want this feature hope that Nokia listen to our request & add it.

First AGREE

Comments

• Ehab Ehab
     / 
    Nobody need FM radio???
  • gelemannen gelemannen
     /  edited February 24

As I understand, it is no chip for FM-radio in Nokia 8, so it is not possible, I use internet radio and it works great for me.

• Ehab Ehab
     /  edited June 27

Internet radio consumes both data plan & battery. Why I should use my data plan when I can get FM locally.

• gelemannen gelemannen
     /  edited February 24

I just told you why there is no fm-radio in Nokia 8 (some say that it is possible if Nokia/hmd activate it, I don't know).

• Ehab Ehab
     /  edited July 4
    As far as everybody knows FM radio available in every smartphone but the manufacturers are disable it for the reason everybody knows. Example is what happened with Samsung recently in US that force them to activate it.
  • user1537897442319 user1537897442319
     /  edited September 26
    I need to have the AM and FM radio in my Nokia 8 the internet signal in chile is not optimal in some parts of the country and if it is the AM and FM radio signals it reaches everywhere
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

You're not going to get an AM radio, the hardware just isn't there. Also FM is very much line of sight so you aren't going to get it everywhere that is for sure.

Have you thought about putting loads of music, audio books, podcasts or whatever is your preferred audio on an SD Card?

• user1515733488425 user1515733488425
     /  edited October 12

Oh yeah? You can download and save news? Can you? FM-radio is not only music, it is news, announcements, warning of the population about emergencies and much more! I`d like to be informed! You?

• mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 

Chill your beans user1515733488425 it was only a suggestion given while trying to be helpful, which is more than you appear to have had from Nokia so far isn't it?

In answer to your question regarding me being informed when i am out and about I get great data coverage and i have access to literally millions of public Wi-Fi hotspots so thank you for your concern but I'll be just fine.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭  /  edited October 12

I'm afraid you can forget about FM radio on your Nokia 8 device. HMD does not add it.

• I still feel that after purchasing such an expensive phone,an FM radio shoul at least be provided. Its such a tragedy that even a simple tuner application is not available for those who want it installed.. C'mon, Nokia, bring the radio app on our phones soon!