Oreo/Sound - Page 2

Same issue with very loud sounds even on minimum level set in volume configuration. This happened right after upgrading to Oreo.

Oreo/Sound

Comments

• piktor piktor
     / 

Same issue with very loud sounds even on minimum level set in volume configuration. This happened right after upgrading to Oreo. Turn off DOLBY helped only once, then after some time it's back to "loud" and turning on/off DOLBY option doesn't help at all. This bug is very annoying. HMD, please fix!

Model: TA-1021
    Android version: 8.0.0
    Android security patch: February 1, 2018
    Build number: 00WW_5_22A

Model:  TA-1025

Android version:  8.0.0

Android security patch level:  February 1, 2018

I'm experiencing the same issue as user1517952177956.  Immediately after upgrading from 7.1.2 to 8.0.0, ringtone volume is uncomfortably loud.  Even at its lowest setting, it's far too loud for a quiet environment.

Disabling Dolby only slightly reduces the volume.

Turning on "Mono audio" in Developer Settings does not make any noticeable difference that I can detect.

Additional XDA discussion:  https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-6/help/bug-sound-oreo-t3746944

• chethan chethan
    ✭✭  / 
    Why why why nokia doing this.HMD are you listening.please solve this major issues. Please reply to this tread.we need quality sound not loudness and cracking sound. We need top notch dolby atmos software.please rectify this issue.
  • Same here, any updates on this?
  •  

Based on one user's experience with the wake lock app, I'm tempted to update my music player app with optional wake locks.

Unfortunately I returned my phone to Amazon after I discovered this problem, so I cannot test it.

If anyone is interested in testing this, contact me.
  • user1517612280620 user1517612280620
     /  edited April 2018

The problem has not been solved so far, the March update of the security system again did not solve the problem with the sound. What kind of mockery is this? ((((

• I contact the local support team and they told few steps to recover this problem, but that could not solved. now they are asking me to take this phone to service center for physical checkup. I am surprised to know..How this coild be a hardware problem. It was working fine before the update
  • anthojay anthojay
     /  edited April 2018

not accepting feedback from us is just pure aHole nokia, everybody is complaining about the sound yet it's not fixed, lost faith on nokia

• chethan chethan
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018
    I have also Nokia 5 which is running with Oreo 8.0 with lastest March 2018 security update.There are no issues are found on 5 Regarding sound quality it is awesome(no noise ,excellent sound even when volume is high or low).I hope only Nokia 6 is prone to this problem. I NEED DOLBY ATMOS WITH RECTIFIED AUDIO GLITH.please developer team look into this issue
  • Got march security patch on TA-1021, no fix to volume/bad sound quality. Not sure if it ever comes
  • I've found a workaround on reddit

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/81qbge/nokia_6_oreo_lowest_volume_too_loud/dv4f9tm/

Just turn of the "Dolby Surround" option. 

Not the best solution but it works.

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Please fix it . It's too noisy to hear anything. Earpiece loudspeaker is driving hard due to unusual amp output with noise. This is Oreo issue as it's was just fine a hour before update.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am worried if Nokia would fix it ever to make us buy new phone. My friend said me this things. Someone come and console me that Nokia is going to roll out a update
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Oreo 8.0 know to be house of bugs no matter what platform it works. I am looking forward to get Oreo 8.1.1
  • chethan chethan
    ✭✭  / 
    Oreo 8.0 has better features but with very bad optimisation.hope Nokia release 8.1 0reo with excellent optimisation(like on nougat) and also with resolved sound glitch. Oreo has too bad battery backup compared to nougat.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No update till now.
  • Is there any official word on this? I'm not even sure they're aware of this issue, considering replies like "use official headphones"

• nCogNeato nCogNeato
     / 

I've contacted Nokia via email and Twitter.  I have not received a response yet.

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 2018
    What the **** with Nokia? They are providing us buggy software. I regret to update to Oreo .
    Please Nokia fix this terrific bugs :-
    *Camera Quality degraded as of 7.1.2
    *Audio became crappy
    *Battery life decreased
    *Ram usage increased
  • user1519288044671 user1519288044671
     /  edited March 2018

After oreo update too many users are facing this issue this solution hopefully helps...

http://thetechz.com/nokia-6-speaker-not-working-oreo-update/

• user87 user87
     /  edited March 2018

The thing that disabling one of the key features of the phone is a solution makes me giggle

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  /  edited March 2018
    Hi guys does earpiece (2nd speaker ) is producing weird noise after Oreo update or it just me?
  • nCogNeato nCogNeato
     / 

I contacted Nokia about the volume and audio-timeout issues.  I just received the following reply, but I'm not sure which issue they're referring to.  Hopefully both.

We would like to inform you that there will be an OTA update by the end of this month that will provide a fix for this issues you are experiencing.

If you need any additional help or have any questions, please, don't hesitate to contact us!

Kind regards,
    Nokia Mobile Care team

• fahad fahad
    ✭✭  / 
    My Nokia 6 TA1021 has something entirely opposite happening to it. It's too low for most times and it's getting lower with every passing day in my opinion, I can barely hear the bottom loudspeaker even with Dolby Atmos On. The earpiece/speaker is like what it was, the bottom speaker is barely audible now as compared to what it was when I bought it in August.
    If I switch off Dolby, I cannot hear anything in a noisy room.
  • For me, the bottom speaker stopped working after I updated to last oreo update in february. I talked to nokia support and they told i have to visit repair centre to get it fixed. i am highly disappointed with Nokia
  • user1517612280620 user1517612280620
     /  edited March 2018

Updated to Oreo 8.1. Changes to the improvement of sound is not noticed. Someone like?

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Same here no improvement to sound either. Nokia HMD are you kidding with us?
  • richie1 richie1
     /  edited March 2018
    I think the sound is back.. Dolby working
  • Why then in the speakers when turning off the music there is noise, after 3 seconds it disappears?. And so in all applications.