Oreo/Sound - Page 5

What the hell ? Any update received to fix problem.

Oreo/Sound

Comments

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    What the **** ? Any update received to fix problem.
  • chethan chethan
    ✭✭  /  edited May 2018

Today I got may 2018 security patch on my Nokia 6 ta 1021 Indian variant. Nothing has been fixed and same hissing noise / distorted sound is still present at lower volume . Especially at minimum volume level it is very very bad.Really feeling very bad regarding sound quality. Oreo update is most failure update in Android history. I am reverting back to nougat rom.may be I will stay on that forever. Nokia android is good at updates but very very very bad on software optimization. Really I am missing my Nokia Windows phone.hmd Nokia really suck in terms of perfect software optimization. Sound output is much cleaner and lovable on nougat rom.but on Oreo waste waste waste.please fix this already on Android p update. Are you listening Nokia ?

• Manus Manus
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Send emails to the Nokia it's a more straight forward way to ask something
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am waiting for system update.
  • May updation not resolved the problem.The sound issue still.
  • val2g val2g
     / 
    8.1 May security patch. The problem still exists. Nokia, are you listening? I will give this another month and ditch this phone. This is ridiculous!!!
  • user1521290130995 user1521290130995
     /  edited May 2018

Confirm, May security update did not fix any sound problems on my TA-1021.

HMD, what's so difficult?

We want back the good sound, as it was with Android Nougat!

• anthojay anthojay
     / 
    It's a troll. Now they straight call us to contact the seller for repair. I have given up and just continue to use the phone, but no more nokia products in future!
  • my N6 TA-1033 got the Oreo 8.1 update a few days ago. April patch came thru too.

the sound for ringer/notifications, with Dolby off, is off the scale, way too loud. I have to use Do Not Disturb (which has also changed for the worse).

someone in another thread said the May patch made the sound much too low, but other posts in this thread report the opposite.

I have had it suggested that a Factory Reset might sort the issue? Anyone one tried this? (sry, I haven't read all of the 9 pages of posts in this thread)

• Lalit Kumar Lalit Kumar
     /  edited May 2018
    Factory reset not a solution,i had tried 2 times, still facing lower sound problem
  • chethan chethan
    ✭✭  / 
    Did anyone get June 2018 update for Nokia 6 ta 1021. If yes then tell me if Dolby Atmos sound noise/crackling solved or not ?
  • I m updating rite now,,waitng for dolby problem fix or not?
  • June security patch update has resolved this problem
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I haven't received it yet . June patch I am waiting for you in India.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @user1519990597356 does dolby is working without cracking voice?
  • Dolby on or off in speaker,doesnt fell make different.. sound not loud as in earlier version of android 7.1.1
  • fahad fahad
    ✭✭  / 
    TA-1021 India Variant. Got the June update yesterday night. I never had this issue that people have of their speaker making a hissing sound with Dolby On. I had a low speaker volume instead. So one day, I cleaned my speaker with a pin and the sound was back to clear and loud.
    Sound quality is still the same for me as was in Nougat. I also don't have the issue of not being able to lower the volume.
    So, my 2 takes, people who have a hissing sound speaker, tey cleaning the lower speaker grill gently with a pin.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I am in India. My phone is ta1021 . I am still not getting June patch what should I do?
  • TA-1021, got the update this morning. Hissing still there, may be it got less loud. The phone still increases and reduces volume during playback, but with less extent. Overall, I'm not sure if it got better, or I'm just trying to convince myself it did.

• petrus petrus
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

Another update and still a problem with Dolby Atmos. We really deserve to fix this problem.

• chethan chethan
    ✭✭  / 

Android 7.1.2 is the last best update for Nokia 6 which have excellent sound clarity. Can anyone confirm that problem(hissing/crackling) is solved or not?

• Dolby problem still exist
  • chethan chethan
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2018

I think it will be never be rectified in Oreo. Let this be get fixed in android p. But this is very bad on Nokia spoiling a fantastic phone. Atleast if it is hardware problem they should inform the people for replacement.

• nCogNeato nCogNeato
    ✭✭  /  edited June 2018

A lot of people have reported a variety of audio issues after the Oreo update.

Personally, the only issue I've had has been shockingly loud ringtones/notifications while Dolby Audio is on, even at the lowest volume settings.

I received the June security update last night. Sadly, loud ringtones/notifications are still present. It looks like I'll be keeping my phone on vibrate-only for at least another month.

• anthojay anthojay
     / 
    On june patch, obviously... the buzz is there. Play an asmr video with dolby on you'll just notice it right away and **** you off. If you listen to music + dolby, maybe i can say the buzz went a little lesser than last month. Let's just wait for android P guys.
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  /  edited June 2018
    I am ta1021 I am still not receiving update. What can I do? Everyone in my family with TA1021 received. Should I reset my phone or wait for some time?
  • Go to Settings -> System -> System update and click Check for update
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I manually searched but no hope . It is saying up to date
  • May be you can try reset it..i once got problem like that then i reset it. After that update come
  • It's really ridiculous, about five months passed away and they (Nokia/HMD) did'nt solve a sh*t.

Originally my TA-1021, Hardware 5.1, and Android Nougat was the smartphone with the best sound that i have ever heard, but everything changed with Android Oreo. Under version 8.0 the sound was bad, under 8.1 a little bit better but not good. Next i will try the rollback to Android Nougat, i don't need the Oreo features, but i want back the excellent sound!