Oreo/Sound - Page 6

I have hard reseted my Nokia 6 TA1021 . Still it is not receiving June patch. Please someone help me. My another Nokia 6 ta1021 received update.

Oreo/Sound

Comments

• DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭  / 
    I have hard reseted my Nokia 6 TA1021 . Still it is not receiving June patch. Please someone help me. My another Nokia 6 ta1021 received update.
  • I haven't updated yet. Does the sound work good with dobly off?
    Thanks
  • DibyaXP DibyaXP
    ✭✭  / 
    My one Nokia 6 ta1021 received june update within two hours of release but my other Nokia ta1021 is not detecting June OTA even after after hard reset.
  • Did anybody get July 2018 security update on Nokia 6. If yes then please let me know did Dolby Atmos issue (hissing noise) is solved and also low ringtone volume problem is solved ?

• Bro.. it no use u try to inquiry about hissing sound with just security patch unless there is major update on Oreo like before from 8.0 update to 8.1. In case the update like that then you can asked people or you might try itself.
  • user1517385177231 user1517385177231
     /  edited July 2018
    I've received July Update about two days ago. I don't know so much about the update, but it seems that Dolby Atmos issue was fixed finally. I'm so glad with that.
  • The issue still there. Try ur lowest sound setting and watch any video or song.. u will see hissing sound there..
  • koubis koubis
     / 

This Bug is worst on TA-1033

I have no sound at all i cannot use the phone anymore. Please fix it ASAP

• user1531829654782 user1531829654782
     /  edited October 2018

I've received July Update today. The problem is still there - all sounds are too loud! I made first conversation after update and the sound for breaking the conversation has damaged my ear! After a few hours my ear still hurts and I am very angry about this. I was very happy with my new phone, unfortunately, Nokia 6 disappointed me after update.

Your mistake is damaging to the health of users. Fix it to avoid the lawsuits! Do not be fooled by users and immediately solve the problem.

• Users can fix the sound problem by turning off DOLBY sound. In commercials is DOLBY sound the main feature of Nokia 6, so what's the point?
  •  Same issue for me, all updates have not fix the problem. Sound really bad when sound is minimum, and minimum sound is still really loud.

I have this problem since the first day with nokia 6, already on Oreo.

Could be nice to have some intervention from nokia support itself

• madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited September 2018

It's very disappointing that this problem is still present.

• karthik M athivanan karthik M athivanan
     /  edited September 2018
    S still the problem occurs and day by day volume are decrease
  • val2g val2g
     / 

Just got the October 2018 update. The problem is still here - 8 months and counting! Wow! Great job Nokia to lose a customer. No more Nokia for me after this one. No confidence whatsoever that Nokia cares or is capable of fixing software issues. 

• You're right Nokia is not the former one.
  • You're right Nokia is not what it was.
  • Absolutely what we fault we done is ... Purchased Nokia 6 on the spot ... No one is responsible for this error. All are busy to launch the new Nokia... But here we are in trouble with sound... Shameful of being Nokia fan
  • canol canol
     / 

Guys, did you try disabling Dolby surround sound? The sound level became normal when I disabled it. Of course needing to disable an advertised feature is not good but at least the phone became usable again for me.

• chethan chethan
     /  edited October 2018
    Nokia such a big brand is not able solve a sound issue for such an excellent phone from around 8 months.Instead they are launching all **** phones like 6.1,6.1 plus .what's going on Nokia,you are in a wrong path.please solve sound issues on Nokia 6 2017. After android pie update if problem still persist I will never return back to Nokia. Very bad Nokia regarding Nokia 6 sound issues.
  • Definitely u r right Mr.Chethan.... but this is absolutely insane done by Nokia... Low of Sound....
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited October 2018

I think that a fix to the audio will need a system update, not a security update, as it will be a fix to the firmware. Unless HMD can roll it out via the app store, which I doubt.

Remember that this is only a peer-to-peer forum, we don't get support
    here are Laura is probably the only HMD employee that is following it on
    a daily basis. To make our voices heard we need to contact HMD directly.

The best way to get the message through to HMD is to keep raising the issue via email and chat with their support team: https://www.nokia.com/en_int/phones/support#contact-us

• Everything is okay but HMD is only for Brand Organisation.. but here we need to contact Nokia only... Because for not fixing sound issue
  • chethan chethan
     /  edited October 2018
    From hmd only Nokia 5, 6 and 8 have a genuine designs but after that all Nokia phones are copycat from Chinese phones and iphones. So this is not a original Nokia design choice since hmd is responsible for design. Nokia 6 is the best and last phone from Nokia which has solid body, front fingerprint sensor, hardware navigation buttons with backlit as a bonus and stereo speakers with dual amplifiers, excellent camera hardware but very bad software. Hmd need to fix main issue with Nokia 6 regarding sound quality. I am not able to fully enjoy Dolby Atmos due to hissing noise and also ringtone volume issues need to be solved (needs to be louder) even when Dolby Atmos is turned on.I hope hmd and Nokia will fix this issues in Android pie. Waiting for the fix. hmd please don't be dumb on this.
  • Chethan it's really fact about the issue which is mentioned as u said... Not at all the Dolby Atmos sound are low ... even on earpiece volume are very very low even it's on full... in some times & Now a days im thinking... In future we are not supposed to buy Nokia ....
  • У меня те же проблемы со звуком
  • I am facing a different issue here. Since the update, my phone speaker hasn't been working properly. The sound is low even though Dolby surround sound has been turned on and the volume has been kept at max using the keys. Please look into this problem and fix it as fast as possible.
  • Foud a fix for Oreo sound. I use DolbyAtmos.apk found on XDA with volume leveler off, no hiss sound
  • Lalit Kumar Lalit Kumar
     /  edited October 2018
    Kindly provide the link?
  • Can someone else confirm it fixes it? I can't because I'm still on 8.0