Nokia release

Just wanted to know whether or not HMD is planning on releasing the Nokia 9 or any other flagman phone anytime soon, let's say in the next year or so...since it's been almost more than 3 years already and still Nokia does not have a flagman, top class, really inovative smartphone on the market...or should I just say f*ck it all and go buy a Samsung 9+?

Nokia release

Aleksandar Aleksandar
✭✭  / 

Just wanted to know whether or not HMD is planning on releasing the Nokia 9 or any other flagman phone anytime soon, let's say in the next year or so...since it's been almost more than 3 years already and still Nokia does not have a flagman, top class, really inovative smartphone on the market...or should I just say f*ck it all and go buy a Samsung 9+?

Just asking...

Best Answer

Answers

• Aleksandar Aleksandar
    ✭✭  / 
    I understand that, but the point was that obviously HMD is not interested in the high-end segment, which is quite dissapointing from the user stand point of view, because we are not used to Nokia not having at least a compatible high-end device... And all this talk about "Expect more" etc. isn't helping at all.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    I don't agree. HMD are obviously interested in the high end segment with the right product. HMD have released two phones with the 835 chipset in the past two years, that's one flagship phone per year, the same as most other manufacturers.
  • Aleksandar Aleksandar
    ✭✭  / 
    As I mentioned already, I do like the current Nokia phones, I like the build, the OS etc. However, your statement isn't entirely true, because each and absolutely everyone of their devices came with hardware already present in other high-end phones and always a bit behind in terms of chipset, RAM, display etc.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Do the other phones have the build quality of the HMD Nokia phones?

However, I take your point - HMD may have created flagship phones but they haven't yet created a market-leading flagship. I have a feeling that may be about to change... :D
  • neng neng
    ✭✭  / 
    Firstly, everyone's opinion should be respected and considered.

Secondly, I would like to point out that HMD Global has already done a remarkable job in bringing back the Nokia brand, this time with classic and well built android devices. They just prove to the world what they are capable of. Just for this only, I would applaud the whole HMD team for their sheer commitment.

Thirdly, I believe that they now have a strong foothold in budget and mid-range devices and as @madbily said, although they launched what was claimed to be their two flagships before but they are not their true flagships yet. Ofcourse they are into it and following several rumours around the ultimate phone. I believe it's NOT too far when you will see a FLAGSHIP KILLER from Nokia, should become HMD focus from 2019-2020 onwards. You just need to keep your patience buddy. @Aleksandar
  • Jdidoej483 Jdidoej483
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm pretty positive that we're going to see a flagship phone this year. :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
    I would say I'm certain that we're virtually guaranteed a flagship like nobody's seen before! :smiley: