Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 3

Juanuary update SP available also in Italy via OTA but this still not fix wifi issue 

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• Juanuary update SP available also in Italy via OTA but this still not fix wifi issue 
  • I have the same issue sometimes, but I cannot really reproduce it every time. What helps is restarting your phone and delete all saved networks you have. Will update here, if I can reproduce better. 
  • YES, YES... WiFi doesn't work after JANUARY 2019 update. What a joke. Can't now even use this as a secondary home device. They feed us ****.
    I guess how many of us buys a next Nokia device. Thay have totally ruined the great idea of the fast update cycle if they don't TEST updates. 
  • mergedroid mergedroid
     /  edited January 26
    I experienced this problem after installing the January Security Patch on my Nokia 7 Plus. My router is a Huawei and my network SSID is hidden. I tried a few things:

* Reset network settings
    * Restarted in Safe Mode - added network and could connect (note, it's a hidden network so I selected that option in Advanced Settings)
    * Rebooted into normal operation, would not connect
    * Modified my router's settings so the network was no longer hiding its SSID.........phone connected!! Seems stable so far.  If I re-hide the network SSID broadcast I lose the connection again.

Can anyone confirm any similarities with the above and if the steps work for you?  Maybe try the last step first, as I can't remember if I tried this alone first. 
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 

Can anyone confirm any similarities with the above and if the steps work for you?  Maybe try the last step first, as I can't remember if I tried this alone first. 
    I have never hidden my network SSID (as a security measure it is a complete waste of time) and never suffered the WiFi issue. Seems to support your conclusion.
  • I have same problem on Nokia 7 Plus, can't even reach all the Wi-Fi networks I was able to reach, poor signal. It keeps 'searching for networks' even though I am in range
    I removed all 5ghz networks to get rid of the 'searching for networks' problem. They need to fix this sh#t.
  • Chatted with support since December for the pie release and no fix at all. This bug is huge and affecting my hotspot tethering. 
  • esdaze said:
    I got this phone as a gift before christmas and I've had nothing but problems connecting to wifi.

This is HORRIBLE!

Everytime I come home for work or after waking up I need to reboot my phone. But even when it works it has poor performance. Other people get 50mbps on my wifi when sitting right next to me, mine gets to 10mbps if it connects at all.....

And don't bother sending some crazy combination of settings whilst holding my right earlobe and jumping on my left leg to get this piece of plastic working... I've tried everything already. I want this to work just as it should!
    Same problem, also the last update don't solve the matter. Really bad situation, weak support by Nokia.
  • 0 support from Nokia. What a shame. Months and months of silence. Never again
  • Xufeng 02 Xufeng 02
     /  edited February 2
    I'm still facing the same issue on January SP update (00WW_3_39B_SP02). Did anyone try to do a factory reset, and does it work?
  • Xufeng 02 said:
    I'm still facing the same issue on January SP update (00WW_3_39B_SP02). Did anyone try to do a factory reset, and does it work?
    Yes, didn't work
  • Do you guys use multiple individual hotspots with the same SSID and password? I had exactly the same issue but since I gave them different names the problem seems gone since 5 days already.
    (The system network reset only lasted 2 days)
  • I have two WiFI access points, one at 2.5GHZ the other at 5GHZ, both with same SSID and password. But 5 days ago I gave the 2.5GHz access point a different name and the WIFI problems have not returned on my Nokia 7 PLus. Before that I had to reset system/network settings otherwise I could not connect and saw hardly any other access point (neighbors etc).
    Mind  that the January update did not help.
  • PietFlam said:
    I have two WiFI access points, one at 2.5GHZ the other at 5GHZ, both with same SSID and password. But 5 days ago I gave the 2.5GHz access point a different name and the WIFI problems have not returned on my Nokia 7 PLus. Before that I had to reset system/network settings otherwise I could not connect and saw hardly any other access point (neighbors etc).
    Mind  that the January update did not help.
    Were either of the SSIDs hidden previously?  (See my earlier response with reference to this).  I do have a 2.5 and 5Ghz network on my Huawei router.
  • Xufeng 02 said:
    I wouldn't bother as someone else mentions.  Can you confirm is this happening on all wifi networks?  if not, what's your router model, is the SSID hidden from broadcasting and do you have a 2.5Ghz network and 5Ghz network broadcasting together?
  • Xufeng 02 said:
    I wouldn't bother as someone else mentions.  Can you confirm is this happening on all wifi networks?  if not, what's your router model, is the SSID hidden from broadcasting and do you have a 2.5Ghz network and 5Ghz network broadcasting together?
    I don't care! All my devices working. I don't want to hack my home for this rubbish phone
  • mergedroid mergedroid
     /  edited February 2
    Saabale said:
    Xufeng 02 said:
    I don't care! All my devices working. I don't want to hack my home for this rubbish phone

I understand your frustration, I was simply asking for some information from another poster and offering a solution that worked for me.  TL:DR -  If your wireless network is hidden, try unhiding the hidden SSID.
  • Saabale said:
    Xufeng 02 said:

I understand your frustration, I was simply asking for some information from another poster and offering a solution that worked for me.  TL:DR -  If your wireless network is hidden, try unhiding the hidden SSID.
    Sorry :smile:
    No is not hidden but the same ssid on 2.4ghz and 5ghz
  • I am on January patch and it still persists , I usually use my mobile network but when I connect to a WiFi it just connects and disconnects continuesly.
    Hope they clear in the next update
  • If everyone is having the same issues with the pie update, what f**k are Nokia doing about. It looks there are doing absolutely nothing. Does customer support ever read these forums to  find out that thousands of thier customers are having the same issues from their update.
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If everyone is having the same issues with the pie update, what f**k are Nokia doing about. It looks there are doing absolutely nothing. Does customer support ever read these forums to  find out that thousands of thier customers are having the same issues from their update.
    Not everyone is experiencing this issue, myself included. It must be due to a combination of factors, not just the firmware.
  • If everyone is having the same issues with the pie update, what f**k are Nokia doing about. It looks there are doing absolutely nothing. Does customer support ever read these forums to  find out that thousands of thier customers are having the same issues from their update.
    Cause they have other things to do. Like develop new products. Support is for stupid
  • same wifi problems here, what a pity, NOKIA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!
  • same wifi problems here, what a pity, NOKIA DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS!
    2 months of silence from Nokia....no hope
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Nokia 7 plus wifi issue I can't connect to hidden wifi 
    And if get connected to any network 
    Internet doesn't work.
    What'sapp,fb,YouTube,gmail  nothing works
    Any here facing the problem 
    As I m on the latest version of android 9.0 November security patch..
    Facing this problem from three months
    check out this video regarding Nokia

this one also 
    regarding wifi issue

• kisskool kisskool
    ✭✭  / 

Problem almost solved for me after installation of  "Ccleaner" for a week.

a quick clean ( widget) is enough to detect again my wifi.

but i m waiting for a true fix in an update.... !!!

• denverassic denverassic
    ✭✭  / 
    This is getting horrible. I thought the Jan Sec Patch already fixed the wifi issue after I factory reset my phone. However the same wifi issue is still there. Must restart the phone to recognize the saved access point again. Srsly HMD/Nokia?