Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 4

It would take a good old class action for Nokia! Rise up!!!

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• It would take a good old class action for Nokia! Rise up!!!
  • TST TST
     / 
    I have the same problem. WiFi disconnect. The serch for new networ etc is Slow. I cant connect to new network afther this update.

Damn
  • dodimo dodimo
    ✭✭  / 
    Alc said:
    Android 9.0 Feedback: 

1. WIFI cannot be connected (eg. default connect to my home wifi) once you restart the phone or just turn on or off the wifi. This happens sometimes. Never happened on Android 8.1 or previous version. 

2. NFC sometimes does not function, and it can only be solved by restarting the phone. This happens sometimes as well. Never happened on Android 8.1 or previous version. 

3. Charging time is a bit longer? Take almost 2 hours to fully charge the phone.

4. The home screen interface sometimes doesn't response the next action (like swifting left or right) right after responding to the gesture of pushing up from the bottom (the push up action is completed though). I have to press off screen button and on the screen again to reactivate the phone and get the response. 

Hope your team can solve these problems as soon as possible and release the next Android update to our users. Thanks. @Nokia ;

You absolutely right I have same problems on my 7+, but I have some issues with the display too sometimes it's flickering mostly when I'm on video call or watching a you tube but when I open chrome via video playback it's fluckflick
  • Dirk H Dirk H
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem on my 7plus with the WiFi. Customer suggest to send the Phone to a repair center but I don't wait for weeks to get my 7plus back and I don't think that the repair center will solve a software bug.
    This weak customer support of Nokia is really annoying!
  • Come on Nokia this is probably a software issue. Please prioritize fixing this embarrassing wifi connectivity issue in the next release. Apart from that it's a great phone 
  • Come on Nokia this is probably a software issue. Please prioritize fixing this embarrassing wifi connectivity issue in the next release. Apart from that it's a great phone 
    Shame 
  • bitstreamout bitstreamout
     /  edited February 12
    I've have the same experience, that is after a while the WLAN connection becomes flaky. I've enable the WIFI/WLAN extend protocol in the developers options. With this I see not only the HW addresses but also error codes from DHCP and authentication stack. Also very often some of the of the open WLAN networks are not shown. The flaky behaviour disappears after reboot and all work ... but appears again after some reconnections.
  • > @bitstreamout said:
    > I've have the same experience, that is after a while the WLAN connection becomes flaky. I've enable the WIFI/WLAN extend protocol in the developers options. With this I see not only the HW addresses but also error codes from DHCP and authentication stack. Also very often some of the of the open WLAN networks are not shown. The flaky behaviour disappears after reboot and all work ... but appears again after some reconnections.

Currently I see errors like NETWORK_SELECTION_ASSOCIATION_REJECTED=<number> or NETWORK_SELECTION_DISABLED_FAILURE=<number>
  • bitstreamout bitstreamout
     /  edited February 13
    Beside the community members, are there any NOKIA/HMD fellows who read these comments/thread?. If not this thread is rather useless and an other point of contact has to be choosen like a bugzilla or any other bug reporting system
  • WARNUNG Nokia 7 plus W-LAN Bug!
    Nach dem Sicherheitsupdate vom Januar 2019 tritt bei fast allen Geräten ein ziemlich mieser und nervender W-Lan-Bug auf.
    Das Handy kann sich nicht mehr mit W-Lan-Accesspoints verbinden, bzw. verliert im Minutentakt die Verbindung.
    Nach ewigem Durchforsten verschiedener Foren und langem Kontakt mit dem Support gibt es im Moment nur 2 Lösungen:
    1. Auf Werksteinstellungen zurücksetzen und alle Daten verlieren bzw. wieder stundenlanges Einrichten - NATÜRLICH DANN DAS UPDATE NICHT AUFSPIELEN.
    2. Nur die Netzwerkverbindungen zurücksetzen und das Handy neustarten. Dabei verliert man ALLE W-LAN-ZUGÄNGE und ALLE BLUETOOTH-PAIRINGS. Leider muss man diese Prozedur ungefähr alle 2 Tage wiederholen.

Laut Support arbeitet Nokia an einer Lösung, allerdings ohne auch nur eine grobe Zeitangabe machen zu können, wie lange das dauert. Bin mal gespannt, wie lange man jetzt wieder mit so einem "einfachen" Softwareproblem sitzengelassen wird?!

Wieso ist Nokia hier nicht in der Lage die Kunden zu "warnen"? So ein Problem kann ja mal auftauchen. Aber Kunden wie ich, die das Gerät gerade erst neu gekauft haben verprellt man damit mal komplett.

Eine einfache Warnung auf allen Social-Media-Kanälen, dass man das Update bitte nicht durchführen würde ja reichen. Und vor allem das Update jetzt erst einmal "aus dem Netz" nehmen! Jeder neue Kunde tappt jetzt völlig unwissentlich in diese Falle.
    Komisch, einen mit Werbung zu schmeißen, das geht!

WARNING Nokia 7 Plus W-LAN Bug!
    After the security update of January 2019, a pretty lousy and annoying W-LAN bug appears 
    on almost all devices.
    The mobile phone can no longer connect to Wi-Fi access points, or loses the connection 
    every minute.
    After endless browsing of various forums and long contact with the support, 
    there are currently only 2 solutions:
    1. Reset to factory settings and lose all data which means hours of setup again 
    - NATURALLY THEN DON'T USE THE UPDATE.
    2. Reset network connections only and reboot the phone. You lose ALL WIFI ACCESSES 
    and ALL BLUETOOTH PAIRINGS. Unfortunately, you have to repeat this procedure 
    about every 2 days.

According to Support, Nokia is working on a solution, however, without even giving
    a rough indication of how long that will take. 
    I'm curious how long you will be left with such a "simple" software problem again?

Why is Nokia not able to "warn" customers here? Such a problem can arise. 
    But it is very annoying customers like me, who have just bought the device newly.

A simple warning on all social media channels that you shouldn't do the update
    would be enough. And especially shut down the update for this time!
    Every new customer will fall into this trap completely unknowingly.
    Funny, to throw one with advertising, that works!
  • Same issues. This phone cannot connect to the wifi to save its life after the wifi wifi beimg switched off for an amount of time or moving away from one wifi tto another. It's becoming increasingly annoying having to restart the phone every **** time.
  • Dirk H Dirk H
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi Guys, had today again a chat with a support agent. He said that there will be be a maintenance release by next week which should fix the WIFI Bug.
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Dirk H said:
    Hi Guys, had today again a chat with a support agent. He said that there will be be a maintenance release by next week which should fix the WIFI Bug.
    plz confirm next week this year or next year
  • Dirk H said:
    Really???
  • Not sure if this is really a real WiFi bug but more a bug in the database and connection stack used for Bluetooth+WiFi data like HW addresses, passwords, and so on.  In my experience if one is playing around with Bluetooth off followed by air plane mode, then back to normal mode and Bluetooth on, there is a time frame where the Wifi seems to work normal or at least one can enforce the connection to a known WiFi network
  • Adding my experience to this growing forum! I have to reboot my 7 Plus 3 or 4 times a day as WiFi drops to zero. Every other device in my home gets the full 50-60Mbps, but the 7 Plus drops to zero.  Getting tired of re-boots, and am considering a NON Nokia device now.  Really hope Nokia sort this quickly, as up until the recent Android update, I gave the phone 10/10 and loved it.   Please help Nokia.
  • Separate issue, but may be related. Since latest Android update, also get TWO mobile signal strength indications.  One is zero and at other times full strength.  And the other one is my true Mobile signal strength ( BT Mobile ).    I'm not using two SIMs, as have a micro SD fitted.  I've tried network settings reset, but still the same.  Very odd.
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 
    M Gill said:
    Separate issue, but may be related. Since latest Android update, also get TWO mobile signal strength indications.  One is zero and at other times full strength.  And the other one is my true Mobile signal strength ( BT Mobile ).    I'm not using two SIMs, as have a micro SD fitted.  I've tried network settings reset, but still the same.  Very odd.
    Here's the fix.

I was just in contact with Nokia support through the support app on the phone. 
    While the phone is powered on, remove the SIM card. Then hold power + volume up for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and does a soft reboot. No settings or data is lost during this procedure. After the reboot, put the SIM back with the phone powered on. 
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ajbe said:
    M Gill said:
    Separate issue, but may be related. Since latest Android update, also get TWO mobile signal strength indications.  One is zero and at other times full strength.  And the other one is my true Mobile signal strength ( BT Mobile ).    I'm not using two SIMs, as have a micro SD fitted.  I've tried network settings reset, but still the same.  Very odd.
    Here's the fix.

While the phone is powered on, remove the SIM card. Then hold power + volume up for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and does a soft reboot. No settings or data is lost during this procedure. After the reboot, put the SIM back with the phone powered on. 
    already tried this many times but still the same
  • munib1002 munib1002
    ✭✭  / 
    Anybody got this problem where phone only connects to wifi when in 1inch radius. No matter how you reboot or reset it never connects outside 1 inch radius. 
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 

already tried this many times but still the same

Did you follow the instructions precisely? Particularly leaving the power on when removing and replacing the SIM. It worked for everyone else I know who tried it, including myself.
  • Thanks for the suggestion. Is this to clear the WiFi issue, or 2 mobile signal issue please ? 
  • ajbe ajbe
    ✭✭✭  / 
    M Gill said:
    Thanks for the suggestion. Is this to clear the WiFi issue, or 2 mobile signal issue please ? 
    The Phantom SIM.
  • M Gill M Gill
     /  edited February 18
    Thanks! Phantom sim fix worked a treat! Just need dropping WiFi sorted now!  :#
  • M Gill M Gill
     /  edited February 19
    ajbe said:
    M Gill said:
    Here's the fix.

Since I did the above process, I haven't needed to rebot my device to restore WiFi.  I wonder if the phantom SIM fix, has fixed the WiFi issue too?  Fingers crossed.
  • munib1002 munib1002
    ✭✭  / 
    M Gill said:
    ajbe said:
    M Gill said:
    Here's the fix.

Since I did the above process, I haven't needed to rebot my device to restore WiFi.  I wonder if the phantom SIM fix, has fixed the WiFi issue too?  Fingers crossed.

Not fixed. 
    Still have to be like an inch away from router to connect to it...😢
  • Same issue here, since the update in November 2018.
    Nokia, are you going to do something about that soon????
    Wifi disconnects ALL THE TIME, battery is much much worse than it was because of the constant searching...and screen doesn't always go "to sleep" when it should...
    I've also done everything, but nothing helps. Contacted support, and YEAH, soft reset helps to solve the problem, but it comes back after 2 days, if not earlier...
    Really disappointing!!!
  • B.B said:
    Same issue here, since the update in November 2018.
    Wifi disconnects ALL THE TIME, battery is much much worse than it was because of the constant searching...and screen doesn't always go "to sleep" when it should...
    I've also done everything, but nothing helps. Contacted support, and YEAH, soft reset helps to solve the problem, but it comes back after 2 days, if not earlier...
    Really disappointing!!!
    No.
  • B.B said:
    Same issue here, since the update in November 2018.
    Really disappointing!!!
    That's about you did a restart for the WiFi. No help to do a reset it hard reset unless a roll back to the stable version
  • Yeah... just spoke to support AGAIN, and followed some instructions they gave AGAIN. All this gave the result that the phone hasn't had wifi from the very first second after doing what I've been told and has't got ever since...

But if you think the disappointment begins here, you are wrong...
    ...Some moments from my conversation with support:

The worst is that they claim, they are not aware of such problem as "wifi" issue...
    "That's odd", I said, because I just saw them on Nokia community. And at the end of our conversation she says that if I send my phone to reparation I may got it back with the Oreo if they can't fix it otherwise.
    "Is that possible, to get my phone back downgraded", I asked...
    "Sure, they do it, because I've seen it in cases like this", said support :)
    So..."U actually know about the issues"...I said. Niiice :)

I should also mention that I've tried to send in my phone to reparation in November because I didn't see any option to fix the wifi problem, and to do so, I had to fill in a form, which I did..And I waited for instructions, an address or just a confirmation that they got my request, or whatever. But nothing. After a month I got a mail from out of the blue, where they informed me that they closed my case, because I haven't sent in my phone so I must have found another solution to my problem :D

This is NOT the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)
    This was the VERY last time I bought Nokia.