Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 5

B.B said: Yeah... just spoke to support AGAIN, and followed some instructions they gave AGAIN.

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    B.B said:
    Yeah... just spoke to support AGAIN, and followed some instructions they gave AGAIN. All this gave the result that the phone hasn't had wifi from the very first second after doing what I've been told and has't got ever since...

But if you think the disappointment begins here, you are wrong...
    ...Some moments from my conversation with support:

The worst is that they claim, they are not aware of such problem as "wifi" issue...
    "That's odd", I said, because I just saw them on Nokia community. And at the end of our conversation she says that if I send my phone to reparation I may got it back with the Oreo if they can't fix it otherwise.
    "Is that possible, to get my phone back downgraded", I asked...
    "Sure, they do it, because I've seen it in cases like this", said support :)
    So..."U actually know about the issues"...I said. Niiice :)

I should also mention that I've tried to send in my phone to reparation in November because I didn't see any option to fix the wifi problem, and to do so, I had to fill in a form, which I did..And I waited for instructions, an address or just a confirmation that they got my request, or whatever. But nothing. After a month I got a mail from out of the blue, where they informed me that they closed my case, because I haven't sent in my phone so I must have found another solution to my problem :D

This is NOT the beginning of a beautiful friendship. :)
    This was the VERY last time I bought Nokia.
    Nokia is support is simply illiterate
  • bitstreamout bitstreamout
     /  edited February 20
    Somehow unfair:  normally the support people are not identical with the developers.  With high frequented requests this is simply not doable  as the job of developer is what the name says: developing.  Supporters are nevertheless not that illiterate but not every supporter knows about any problem of every product.  But the process of supporting should incooperate the developers as last part of the chain of solving the underlying problem if there is a problem and this problem is not sitting in front of the product.  That means supporters should be in discussion with the developers and vice versa!

• Hammad Khalid said:
    Nokia 7 plus wifi issue I can't connect to hidden wifi 
    And if get connected to any network 
    Internet doesn't work.
    What'sapp,fb,YouTube,gmail  nothing works
    Any here facing the problem 
    As I m on the latest version of android 9.0 November security patch..
    Facing this problem from three month
  • I am also facing the same issue since 3 months . The WiFi dosent connect at all. It is a big problem and Nokia should look into it 
  • munib1002 said:
    M Gill said:
    ajbe said:
    M Gill said:
    Separate issue, but may be related. Since latest Android update, also get TWO mobile signal strength indications.  One is zero and at other times full strength.  And the other one is my true Mobile signal strength ( BT Mobile ).    I'm not using two SIMs, as have a micro SD fitted.  I've tried network settings reset, but still the same.  Very odd.
    Here's the fix.

I was just in contact with Nokia support through the support app on the phone. 
    While the phone is powered on, remove the SIM card. Then hold power + volume up for 15 seconds until the phone vibrates and does a soft reboot. No settings or data is lost during this procedure. After the reboot, put the SIM back with the phone powered on. 

Since I did the above process, I haven't needed to rebot my device to restore WiFi.  I wonder if the phantom SIM fix, has fixed the WiFi issue too?  Fingers crossed.

Not fixed. 
    Still have to be like an inch away from router to connect to it...😢
    My Wifi is back to slowing down to zero through the day.  So phantom SIM reset did not solve slow WiFi as I initially thought.....annoying.  Looking at Huawei P20 Pro to replace my 7+.
  • Dirk H Dirk H
    ✭✭  / 
    This situation is really ridiculous. Why doesn't HMD roll out this long awaited maintenance release for our 7plus?
    Really annoying!
  • Hi,
    The support given to me a "new procedure" to fix the Wifi issue (they told me that...):
    ..enable Bluetooth
    ..press power button and then keep pressed on power off on the screen for going in safe mode (no data will be lost)
    ..you entered in safe mode, so you enable Bluetooth again
    ..press volume up+Power button, keeping pressed for about 10 seconds, until the phone restarts

That's it.
    I done this just now but I have to wait 1 or 2 days to check if my wifi issue com back again.

Did you tested it?

• Dirk H Dirk H
    ✭✭  / 
    Yes, I already tried this suggestion and to keep it short, it didn't fixed the bug!
  • Dirk H said:
    Yes, I already tried this suggestion and to keep it short, it didn't fixed the bug!
    This was what I expected from this "new procedure" :-(
  • Drugo said:
    Hi,
    The support given to me a "new procedure" to fix the Wifi issue (they told me that...):
    ..enable Bluetooth
    ..press power button and then keep pressed on power off on the screen for going in safe mode (no data will be lost)
    ..you entered in safe mode, so you enable Bluetooth again
    ..press volume up+Power button, keeping pressed for about 10 seconds, until the phone restarts

That's it.
    I done this just now but I have to wait 1 or 2 days to check if my wifi issue com back again.

Did you tested it?

As expected, this procedure didn't worked.
    I wrote again to support and they said that Nokia programmers are working for a solution that will be released shortly.

They always says that....  :/
  • Still waiting update..... End of February to look for an update for February. What an Android one program for Nokia 7 plus.
  • I have bad news for all of you, guys.
    I had this issue after 2 months of using the phone. At the same time the quality of my messenger calls heavily degraded: I couldn't hear people who call me, they heard an echo of their voice...  I sent my phone to the Nokia service center cause it's still on warranty. It came back in 1 week with a note "We updated your software". But wifi connexion still didn't work!!! I sent it to the service center again. In one week and a half the phone came back with a NEW MOTHERBOARD. Now no problem with wifi connexion, still same problems with the quality of calls. So the wifi problem is in HARDWARE.
    I sent the phone to the service center for the 3rd time because I still can't normally call via messengers and asked for a refund. The service center updated the software again, but it didn't solve the problem. A horrible phone, horrible service. 
    Just get rid of the phone, that will save your time and energy.
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Eugénie said:
    I have bad news for all of you, guys.
    I had this issue after 2 months of using the phone. At the same time the quality of my messenger calls heavily degraded: I couldn't hear people who call me, they heard an echo of their voice...  I sent my phone to the Nokia service center cause it's still on warranty. It came back in 1 week with a note "We updated your software". But wifi connexion still didn't work!!! I sent it to the service center again. In one week and a half the phone came back with a NEW MOTHERBOARD. Now no problem with wifi connexion, still same problems with the quality of calls. So the wifi problem is in HARDWARE.
    I sent the phone to the service center for the 3rd time because I still can't normally call via messengers and asked for a refund. The service center updated the software again, but it didn't solve the problem. A horrible phone, horrible service. 
    Just get rid of the phone, that will save your time and energy.
    Exactly same condition...
    Same problem 
    Same response

• Miles2 Miles2
    ✭✭  / 
    I have Nokia 7 plus and I love the phone, it has Pie and works very well. Only two niggles, once it loses my 5GHz home WiFi it is no longer shown in the list of networks found, I usually have to restart the phone to get it back.....but not always. It would be nice in the list of "saved networks" if there was a 'connect' button because my 5GHz WiFi is listed, but there is only "forget" or "cancel" so I don't see the purpose of the list

Second niggle is just a design thing, no indicator LED....very frustrating.
  • Dear Nokia. Can you please update us on when the patch for WiFi issues is going to be released? 
  • Ragpot Ragpot
    ✭✭  / 
    patch update needed asap or I am returning my N7+ to argos for a refund!
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Ragpot said:
    patch update needed asap or I am returning my N7+ to argos for a refund!
    Is return still available?
  • ayanprokid ayanprokid
    ✭✭  / 
    can anyone confirm if the wifi issue is still there ? because toaday after 2 months i am able to use internet using wifi even after a day without restarting the device. maybe they have fixed it.. hotfix i think. still its a maybe.. will be able to confirm only after another day of usage.
  • Bad company
  • can anyone confirm if the wifi issue is still there ? because toaday after 2 months i am able to use internet using wifi even after a day without restarting the device. maybe they have fixed it.. hotfix i think. still its a maybe.. will be able to confirm only after another day of usage.
    Issue still exists for 5G connections
  • agreed - my mesh wifi is 5Ghz.....really losing patience with my Nokia 7+
  • is it possible to switch the 7+ to 2.4Ghz wifi only? I can't see an option in the menus.  Trying to test if issue is just @ 5Ghz.
  • M Gill said:
    Dear Nokia. Can you please update us on when the patch for WiFi issues is going to be released? 
    It's a hardware issue. The service center changed my motherboard, and I don't have problems with wifi anymore. 
  • ayanprokid ayanprokid
    ✭✭  /  edited February 27
    Eugénie said:
    M Gill said:
    Dear Nokia. Can you please update us on when the patch for WiFi issues is going to be released? 
    It's a hardware issue. The service center changed my motherboard, and I don't have problems with wifi anymore. 
    if its a hardware issue then all the devices are facing this issue..every 7 plus motherboard needs to be changed if thats what you are suggesting. Since this didn't happen before January for me. this seems like a software bug. May he a MR will fix it.
  • can anyone confirm if the wifi issue is still there ? because toaday after 2 months i am able to use internet using wifi even after a day without restarting the device. maybe they have fixed it.. hotfix i think. still its a maybe.. will be able to confirm only after another day of usage.
    Issue still exists for 5G connections
    My 7+ connected with eduroam wifi for the first time yesterday, automatically, since setting it up a month ago. I heard from the technician this wifi is only 5G. Today i got the new update notification. Not sure if I should update now. My phone could almost never find eduraom before yesterday.
  • I've given up. My Nokia 7 Plus has been unusable on WiFi for months now, and when it does connect it sends me inssessent ghost notifications every 3 minutes until I disable it. 

Got a Motorola G7 on order to replace it and put the Nokia 7 Plus on eBay. ''Android One' means nothing if the company is unable to get the basic software working.
  • I've given up. My Nokia 7 Plus has been unusable on WiFi for months now, and when it does connect it sends me inssessent ghost notifications every 3 minutes until I disable it. 

Got a Motorola G7 on order to replace it and put the Nokia 7 Plus on eBay. ''Android One' means nothing if the company is unable to get the basic software working.
    Shame on nokia
  • Eugénie Eugénie
     /  edited February 28
    Eugénie said:
    M Gill said:
    if its a hardware issue then all the devices are facing this issue..every 7 plus motherboard needs to be changed if thats what you are suggesting. Since this didn't happen before January for me. this seems like a software bug. May he a MR will fix it.
    There is always a part of defective products. And I guess people here have Nokia with a defected motherboard. The issue started IN SUMMER 2018, it starts out of sudden no matter how long you use your phone (it didn't start for me after an update, and after only 1 month of active use of the phone!). 
    If this is a software issue, why do you think it's not still resolved since summer 2018? Why did they change a motherboard in my phone? Because Nokia just can't do it. It's easier to be silent and not admit your problem, letting people wait for an update solution which doesn't exist ... 
    That's my opinion. Good luck in waiting your update!
  • hi all! got some info from support - they are trying to get a fix with the next security patch. this means to wait another month.... this is totally unacceptable... trying to get rid of this thing back to amazon...
  • snIP3r said:
    hi all! got some info from support - they are trying to get a fix with the next security patch. this means to wait another month.... this is totally unacceptable... trying to get rid of this thing back to amazon...
    Me too