Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 6

snIP3r said: hi all! got some info from support - they are trying to get a fix with the next security patch. this means to wait another month....

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• snIP3r said:
    hi all! got some info from support - they are trying to get a fix with the next security patch. this means to wait another month.... this is totally unacceptable... trying to get rid of this thing back to amazon...
    Me too
  • Same WiFi issue with my phone. Nokia 7+
  • Same problem, WiFi doesn't conect and if it ,that also for not.more than 2 minutes
  • Ragpot said:
    patch update needed asap or I am returning my N7+ to argos for a refund!
    Is return still available?
    Yes, we have had the phone less than 28 days.... lump of **** 
  • I am tired of Nokia. I am using nokia 7 plus from 9 months. They have not solved wifi issues yet. They give only security patches. No point in having monthly security updates when basic feature is not working. I am moving away from nokia. I am planning to take Redmi note 7 pro. Goodbye nokia.
  • I was so impressed with HMD global initially so went for Nokia 7 plus though it costs premium. Now shame on you Nokia. Redmi note 7 is launched with SD660 with better cameras (i have personally compared nokia 7 plus camera with redmi note 6 pro) for just 12K. And note 7 pro with SD675 for just 14K. You guys pricing above 25K for the same SD660. I am disappointed with Nokia because there are no bug fixes since i purchased the device. I have to restart my device each and everyday when i come back home to connect to WiFi.

Dear HMD global, please don't spoil Nokia name further. You better change the name. If you want to be in the competition and bring back Nokia's fame then you should provide better software experience and user experience. Your customer service is pathetic. Millions of users are still complaining from ages but no problems are solved. Gone are those days just going for build quality. Smartphone life time is not more than a year now a days. What will we do with better build quality when basic software features are not working?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited March 1
    I was so impressed with HMD global initially so went for Nokia 7 plus though it costs premium. Now shame on you Nokia. Redmi note 7 is launched with SD660 with better cameras (i have personally compared nokia 7 plus camera with redmi note 6 pro) for just 12K. And note 7 pro with SD675 for just 14K. You guys pricing above 25K for the same SD660. I am disappointed with Nokia because there are no bug fixes since i purchased the device. I have to restart my device each and everyday when i come back home to connect to WiFi.

Dear HMD global, please don't spoil Nokia name further. You better change the name. If you want to be in the competition and bring back Nokia's fame then you should provide better software experience and user experience. Your customer service is pathetic. Millions of users are still complaining from ages but no problems are solved. Gone are those days just going for build quality. Smartphone life time is not more than a year now a days. What will we do with better build quality when basic software features are not working?
    Build quality matters. Redmi note 7 & 7pro both have plastic frame which can be easily bent. Nokia is no longer old Nokia it's HMD. The are very poor when it comes too prizing but 7+ is an old phone in comparison to 7pro. Nokia was the first one to offer 660 at 25k, which was cheapest phone to have 660 and Redmi don't provide android updates, they only give miui updates. When it comes to camera , the software is not good enough to fully utilise the hardware provided on 7+. Nokia is new & hence require time for stable ui as the developers aren't that good. An avg user use smartphone for 2 years maximum as one gen update is not that worthy of an upgrade. Hmd should learn something :neutral:
  • Three months without wifi, thanks Nokia.
    Now I go to the fourth month.

I will not recommend Nokia to anyone who asks me for advice on what to buy.
  • Hammad Khalid Hammad Khalid
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I was so impressed with HMD global initially so went for Nokia 7 plus though it costs premium. Now shame on you Nokia. Redmi note 7 is launched with SD660 with better cameras (i have personally compared nokia 7 plus camera with redmi note 6 pro) for just 12K. And note 7 pro with SD675 for just 14K. You guys pricing above 25K for the same SD660. I am disappointed with Nokia because there are no bug fixes since i purchased the device. I have to restart my device each and everyday when i come back home to connect to WiFi.

Build quality matters. Redmi note 7 & 7pro both have plastic frame which can be easily bent. Nokia is no longer old Nokia it's HMD. The are very poor when it comes too prizing but 7+ is an old phone in comparison to 7pro. Nokia was the first one to offer 660 at 25k, which was cheapest phone to have 660 and Redmi don't provide android updates, they only give miui updates. When it comes to camera , the software is not good enough to fully utilise the hardware provided on 7+. Nokia is new & hence require time for stable ui as the developers aren't that good. An avg user use smartphone for 2 years maximum as one gen update is not that worthy of an upgrade. Hmd should learn something :neutral:
    Miui is very optimized
    switched to poco f1 from nokia 7 plus 
    performance is awsome
    no heating
    fast charging
    ir face unlock 
    only 20k
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Ugly_mau said:
    Three months without wifi, thanks Nokia.
    Now I go to the fourth month.

I will not recommend Nokia to anyone who asks me for advice on what to buy.
    same here 

• Drugo Drugo
     / 
    Seriously...this is ridiculous from Nokia.
    I can't stand to be with this **** of wifi connection without a fix!! From many months!!
    I hope anybody from HMD Nokia is reading our words...
  • M Gill M Gill
     / 

Miui is very optimized
    switched to poco f1 from nokia 7 plus 
    performance is awsome
    no heating
    fast charging
    ir face unlock 
    only 20k
    but no NFC, which is essential for me!
  • M Gill M Gill
     / 
    I received a security update this morning.  Build Number 00ww_3_39B_SP03.  I wonder if this will address the WiFi issues?  Fingers crossed.
  • Drugo Drugo
     / 
    M Gill said:
    I received a security update this morning.  Build Number 00ww_3_39B_SP03.  I wonder if this will address the WiFi issues?  Fingers crossed.
    It doesn't fix the wifi issue
  • Yann Yann
     / 
    Completely disgusted, been waiting for 4 months for a maintenance patch to fix wifi issue, i'm switching to another brand...
  • KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    I think the wifi issue is resolved after feb patch, i am able to connect to my wifi without rebooting, anyone still facing the issue?
  • hakantk hakantk
     /  edited March 2
    No, the wifi issue is still not resolved! Another problem is it shows that it is connected, but yet you have no internet connection. @HMD we are still waiting for a solution!
  • M Gill M Gill
     / 
    hakantk said:
    No, the wifi issue is still not resolved! Another problem is it shows that it is connected, but yet you have no internet connection. @HMD we are still waiting for a solution!

hakantk said:
    I agree  WiFi issue not resolved. Very disappointing ... .. Perhaps we need to involve BBC watchdog program or start a twitter storm  
  • M Gill said:
    hakantk said:

hakantk said:
    I agree  WiFi issue not resolved. Very disappointing ... .. Perhaps we need to involve BBC watchdog program or start a twitter storm  
    If there is something that we can do please let me know. This is very disappointing. HMD is not taking his customers serious! And really I don't think that somebody from HMD is reading these treads. 
  • My WIFI connection is back and seems stable at home after the update.

Guess I am lucky?  I also reset routers to factory settings just before updating. That did reset to same ssid and keys for 2.4 and 5 GHz. Before I had different ssid settingd. Guess I should leave it this way.

Will test it on work network monday . Hope for the best
  • Talked with support yesterday! They promise that bugs will be fixed in a maintenance update thats coming in about 2 to 3 weeks time! 
  • KSD KSD
    ✭✭  / 
    I guess I'm lucky, my wifi seems to be stable and it is showing all the available networks.
  • Talked with support yesterday! They promise that bugs will be fixed in a maintenance update thats coming in about 2 to 3 weeks time! 
    They are saying this for months!
  • First time I´ve heard it directly from support though, and I contact them every other day. But if its not coming then goodbye with this useless phone.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    not received Feb patch yet
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    not received Feb patch yet
    You are on unofficial update 3.51A roll back to Jan SP only to receive updates
  • > @AniketThakur said:
    > Hammad Khalid said:
    >
    >
    > not received Feb patch yet
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > You are on unofficial update 3.51A roll back to Jan SP only to receive updates

how to roll back?
  • Loki07 Loki07
     / 
    Visit YouTube and watch some videos. They will show the methods to roll back.
  • Dirk H Dirk H
    ✭✭  / 
    I meanwhile I think Nokia / HMD just doesn't want to fix the Wifi Bug. They just want to sell new phones!
  • Nokia should look seriously into this, every Nokia 7 plus owner have the same complain, please solve the wifi issue