Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus - Page 7

I hope they are looking, but I understand the difficulty, as even I cannot show the error when I want to. It happens only with.

Wifi issue Nokia 7 plus

Comments

• I hope they are looking, but I understand the difficulty, as even I cannot show the error when I want to. It happens only with. Speedport w921v at a random night.
    Annoying :s
  • In short, for my phone, screen freezing cause wifi issue.

Two weeks ago my phone started having trouble with wifi, either unable to detect wifi signal while other older phones can or have an extremely slow connection. The problem of screen freezing appear at the same time but I pay no much notice at that until today. Minutes ago having great wifi at school, board a bus, take out the phone and find it freeze, I lock and unlock the phone, the screen does not freeze but then I cannot connect to the wifi of the bus even it is with full strength on the list of network. The connection is perfect after rebooting. Have been rebooting the phone daily since i got the problem. Soft reset, graphic test or hard reset still cant solve the problem

Anyone same as me?
  • Don't off wifi, problem occre when we off wifi, if WiFi don't off then it works.
  • I face the same issue until reboot
  • Bored of rebooting 4 plus times a day to re-start WiFi.  Now using mobile data, so having to be careful i don't go over my allowance.

Be nice if Nokia added to this thread and provided timescales for a fix.
  • Cannot pair any Bluetooth device since Feb update on Nokia 7 plus
  • I have no problem at all with Wi-Fi my problem is Bluetooth cannot pair any devicesI
  • Never Seen that B)
    But, as it is no WiFi, you should start a new discussion in this forum.
  • Also the applications are crashing and stop running wtf nokia 7+?
    All apps not only one or two **** **** nokia SW engineers get lost go home😠😠
  • In that Case, I would return my device to Nokia!
    But I am lucky not facing those kind of crashes. Apps only behave weird when they are started without a WiFi connection - if they need one (like Ingress).
  • B.B B.B
     / 
    Still facing the same problem...it's about 5 months now...REAAAAALLLLYYYY ANNOYIIING!
    It was a bit better after the update in February but it last 2 days and we were right where we started, disconnecting all the time...Now it is worse (if that's possible)! It happens so often that I feel like throwing it in the trash right now...  :s

• Time for a fix, this is indeed very annoying and no word as of yet from Nokia even addressing the problem.
  • I'm havinghthe same problem with WiFi. Did any tried sending the phone to Nokia to fix this problem?
  • I have the same exact issue, is Nokia planning on fixing this?
    I constantly lose wifi, once lost i can't find it again. Reboot usually fixes the issue for like 10-20min.
    2.4Ghz & 5Ghz i experience issues with both.

This is a serious issue and it didn't happen until my phone updated to the latest android version. So please rollback drivers or whatever but this is REALLY annoying.
  • hakantk hakantk
     /  edited March 20
    I have the same problem, had a chat with the support and only they're saying try this or wait for the update or send to repair. But this is a software problem. We are waiting for 5 month's is this not enough? I wanted to buy the Nokia 9 after this but no more HMD Nokia for me.
  • Also hotspot not working... Very unpleasant, i really need this function for my work.
  • iinSan3HD said:
    Also hotspot not working... Very unpleasant, i really need this function for my work.
     Chatted with support . They have had lots of reports like this and software fix under way. No ETA. 

Suggest we all email support with a complaint  
  • M Gill said:
    iinSan3HD said:
    Also hotspot not working... Very unpleasant, i really need this function for my work.
     Chatted with support . They have had lots of reports like this and software fix under way. No ETA. 

Can you give us people the mail address? Thanks
  • I have the same problem. WiFi connectivity is dead slow until I restart the phone. My husband has the same phone but doesn't have the issue. 
    This will fix your problem
    1-Press power button hold on switch off (reboot on safe mode and accept it)
    2-After boot up, turn on Bluetooth and turn it off
    3-Now try to connect to your WiFi again
  • ExaHamza said:
    I have the same problem. WiFi connectivity is dead slow until I restart the phone. My husband has the same phone but doesn't have the issue. 

ExaHamza said:
    I have the same problem. WiFi connectivity is dead slow until I restart the phone. My husband has the same phone but doesn't have the issue. 

iinSan3HD said:
    M Gill said:
    iinSan3HD said:

Can you give us people the mail address? Thanks
    Yes, you can send us your complaint to our email address [email protected]

The safety mode and Bluetooth on off works for a very short time and probably resets the network settings. Nokia have admitted the problem so we will have to just keep applying pressure  
  • phwmn phwmn
     / 
    I also have the "wifi issue" since November/December upgrade of Android 9. What means when i turn off wifi for longer than 20 min, it will not connect to or list all networks any more.

So i sent the phone in two weeks ago. Now i got it back saying "No Fault Found". BUT Nokia Service flashed the phone back to Android 8.1 with August 2018 upgrade. So i upgraded by OTA to Android 9 Oktober, the wifi issue does not come up. The phone seems to be pinned to this version now, since OTA upgrade does not offer any recent security upgrade. Looks like Nokia uses workarounds until it is fixed.
  • phwmn said:
    I also have the "wifi issue" since November/December upgrade of Android 9. What means when i turn off wifi for longer than 20 min, it will not connect to or list all networks any more.

So i sent the phone in two weeks ago. Now i got it back saying "No Fault Found". BUT Nokia Service flashed the phone back to Android 8.1 with August 2018 upgrade. So i upgraded by OTA to Android 9 Oktober, the wifi issue does not come up. The phone seems to be pinned to this version now, since OTA upgrade does not offer any recent security upgrade. Looks like Nokia uses workarounds until it is fixed.
    Thanks - that's useful to know.  Still looking to but another mobile as bored of waiting for Nokia to fix.
  • Hello,

I can confirm the same problem exists on Nokia 8.1.
    Brand new phone, out the box, do not work with WiFi
    Seems indeed related to environement with multiple bands and/or multiple APs with same SSID

Nokia support is asking everyday the same actions, reset network settings, reset phone, but nothing solves the problem

same environement, oneplus 3, google pixel, xiaomi a2 working smooth
  • Some people mentioned to remove the auto DNS option, but that would not make sense in the context of DHCP options.... But....

There is this new Private DNS setting that you might wanna turn off (from auto)

Follow these steps to setup Private DNS on Android:

1. Open Settings and go to Network & Internet –  Advanced – Private DNS or just search for “Private DNS” in settings search bar.
    It s been good for me so far, but I let you confirm that it last for you too.
  • Next step would be to actually try and use Private DNS:  (Google is your friend)
  • ajbe ajbe
     / 
    Next step would be to actually try and use Private DNS:  (Google is your friend)
    Been using it for months with CloudFlare. Works great!
  • Some people mentioned to remove the auto DNS option, but that would not make sense in the context of DHCP options.... But....

There is this new Private DNS setting that you might wanna turn off (from auto)

Follow these steps to setup Private DNS on Android:

1. Open Settings and go to Network & Internet –  Advanced – Private DNS or just search for “Private DNS” in settings search bar.
    It s been good for me so far, but I let you confirm that it last for you too.
      Tried this and seems to be working!  Will update over next day or so, but Thank You for posting.
  • Changing AutoDNS did not help for me. On the contrary: disconnectings became more often :/
  • Changing AutoDNS did not help for me. On the contrary: disconnectings became more often :/
    Still working OK for me!  Very pleased as no longer need to reboot multi-timer through the day.
  • Yesterday I have installed the March Update and after enabling Flight mode during the night, the phone reconnect without any Problems to my WIFI at the next morning. For now it seems that the WiFi bug is fixed. I hope that is last permanently!