/  edited July 16
Recently i updated my nokia 5 on Oreo but it just slowed my device

Comments

• user1518431610201 user1518431610201
     /  edited June 8
    I also have that problem..
  • user1518476761809 user1518476761809
     /  edited June 8
    My Nokia 5 became incresibly slow after upgrading to Oreo too...
  • konitoni konitoni
     /  edited June 8
    Same problem here.. Latest Nougat was really stable and fast, now with Oreo the phone became noticable slower, doesn't respond sometimes and lags everywhere.. NOT happy at all!
  •  I also have the same problem. Phone just become useless when come to multitasking. I'm so disappointed.

• Leap Ahead Leap Ahead
     /  edited February 17
    Same here , ta-1024 , official oreo ,phone is slower now , also app take some time to open , on nougat no problem
  • user1518859966016 user1518859966016
     /  edited February 17

I think they need to disable all that battery savers and go for 'high performance' mode.

• user1518859966016 user1518859966016
     /  edited February 17

I even can't scroll in Facebook App...

• Downhill Downhill
     /  edited March 13

Strange complaint cause i actually felt the opposite. Phone became faster and more responsive. Maybe some apps that haven't yet updated for oreo might causing problems?

• chrome , phone,message  is also slow !!!

• Zoltar Zoltar
     /  edited February 28
    Same here. Phone is now practically unusable.
  •  After 141h of uptime multitasking doesn't work at all. It restarts apps everytime.

• Downhill Downhill
     / 
    after using nokia 5 with oreo for a long time i still feel the phone more responsive and more capable battery handling. BUT!

I have an external card installed as internal storage (not portable) and i install most apps on the external card. What ive came to notice is that Myfitnesspal app had a notable lag after updating to oreo 8. i moved the app from external card to internal shared space and problem solved.

i dont know if that helps but if you have external cards try moving lagging apps in internal space and see what happens...

i believe that most issues are conflicting apps.

i also used to use microsofts launcher cause it was lightweight but after several updates it came to hog 200mb of memory. in contrast nokias launcher only use approx. 60mb. So another reason might be your launcher.

hope some of these helps... good luck
  • user1510847170080 user1510847170080
     /  edited May 8
    I have same problem.Nokia 5 really unusable day by day after oreo update.Please fix soon this problem.
  • I have rebooted my phone and it's runing for 71h now and i do multitasking with no problems for now.
  • Zoltar Zoltar
     /  edited May 8

Still slow, problems with wifi speed and dropping connection and no response from Nokia to my email reporting these problems! Not impressed.

• Footesouljaa85 Footesouljaa85
     /  edited May 8
    My phone got to the point where it was unusable . I did a full reset now all seems to be fine
  • user1509719760846 user1509719760846
     /  edited May 8
    Same exact problem as other people. I know that factory reset might improve it, but u don't want to do it and lose my data. I bought this piece of crap as a business phone, and it can't even be used as a simple calling and app phone. I don't play games, a rarely take pictures, yet I can't use it without lag.
    If I want to snap a quick photo it takes a minute for camera app to turn in.
    With each update the phone gets crappier and crappier.
    Do not recommend this phone and please for god sakes leave negative reviews so that people know about the problems
  • Footesouljaa85 Footesouljaa85
     /  edited May 8

yea it was only a minnor issue for me. but still your right we should not have to find solution like that to get it to work. i would recomend that you do a reset just make sure you back up to the cloud. also i brought my mom a nokia 3 and had a fault with the screen also have a nokia 6 that wont update at all so yea am a bit disappointed

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Same problem here... SLOW SLOW SLOW... one of these days i waited 1 MINUTE to make a call... Resuming an APP is... a pain :\

I don't want to make a RESET! if i do (with google backups on) the restore is made in FULL, with screens, ICON position, apps, etc?

• very slow with oreo updates..fix it soon

• HuginMunin HuginMunin
     /  edited June 4
    My Nokia 5 worked 100% with Oreo 8.0.
    After the Oreo 8.1 my phone is a bit slower and freezing.
  • user1528070146910 user1528070146910
     /  edited June 4
    Is Nokia doing anything to stop the lagging on Nokia 5, or are people's comments here just a waste of time.
    I just got my Nokia 5 and upgraded to Oreo 8.1.0 immediately and it has been lagging ever since. I have not used this phone for a month and it is already very frustrating.
    What is Nokia doing about this pls?
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  /  edited June 4

I don't think nokia is doing something about this!

I've been exposing this problems everywhere so consumers DON'T do the mistake of buying this phone.

I'm in the process of choosing another phone, from another brand, this time with extensive testing in the store, and return this NOKIA 5.

• user1516245691036 user1516245691036
     /  edited June 4
    Still Nokia didn't send any useful update to resolve this issue.. what the **** you guys doing? Many apps like messaging, fb, WhatsApp, contacts and chrome etc. Just suddenly crash themselves
  • issue is still there nokia 5 cannot use like this

• marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

Made a factory RESET, made no difference. Still LAGS, apps freeze, UI sometimes crashes, cannot use this phone.

Prices of actual line of Nokia are falling 50% (discount) on stores everywhere. Seems nokia wants to get rid if them before launching the new line.

• HuginMunin HuginMunin
     / 

Just cleaned out my phone. Deleted Messenger and Facebook that my girlfriend installed.
    Now my Nokia works great again.

• I always wanted to use Nokia phones as a Finn but couldn’t sacrifice my life to WP. I had high hopes with the new Android-lineup, but this Nokia 5 is intolerable piece of crap. Even the home screen takes about twenty seconds to load after the PIN-code: not only on the start-up but every damn time I turn the screen on (obviously I don’t use any screen locks anymore). The phone is literally unusable.

It is unacceptable that there is no single reply from the company in this thread and that the problem with the Oreo update hasn’t been solved – after nearly half a year after its occurrence.

• I see a lot of people complain about issues which look like hardware and/or software issues. If you reset your phone to factory settings, and it still sucks, why don't you return it to the store you bought it? I assume it's still under warranty. That's real feedback to nokia, as they don't read these forums anymore. It's a community forum I'm afraid. Get an official complaint in the store, their support app, or by mail. This forum? No nokia employee is reading these, I'm certain
  • marcolopes marcolopes
    ✭✭  / 

The problem with "returning" the phone under WARRANTY is that the store will send it to a repair center authorized from Nokia, which is in fact some "corner repair shop" that made a deal with nokia.

Here in PORTUGAL the repair shop (TAMET) is well know for it's BAD SERVICE. There are some amazing public complaints against them.

My previous NOKIA 5 was sent to them, after 2 MONTHS of problems (tried every debug and reset on the book... and waited for a fix from nokia, but realized this was more serious than that, probably a hardware problem). THE REPAIR SHOP said "This phone has NO PROBLEM"!

Now... it's my PROOFS and word against someone i don't know, that made tests i don't know (if it even made them!!!!! they are well known for returning the phones untouched just to comply with deadlines).

SO... this is a tricky problem!!! 1 MONTH without phone and several complaints, still no END to this!