Nokia 8.1 - General FAQs Thread

Key Info Official Product Page : Nokia 8.1 Official Product Video Who is Nokia 8.1 for?

Nokia 8.1 - General FAQs Thread

matteo.m matteo.m
Staff member  /  edited December 2018

Key Info

Official Product Page : Nokia 8.1

Official Product Video

Who is Nokia 8.1 for?

The new Nokia 8.1 is the perfect smartphone for people who want a device that can get through any task with ease and produces great imaging results, even in low light, while also making a bold statement with the design. 

Why did you go with the 18.7:9 display?

We’ve taken the decision to go with the 18.7:9 display ratio so that you can enjoy more of your favourite content on the large 6.18” HD+ display in a refined and compact footprint.

What is PureDisplay?

PureDisplay is the name of our screen technology which takes your viewing to another level with incredible contrast, great clarity and enhanced colours across your content. Whether outdoors in bright sunlight or in a dimly lit room, the display will deliver the best viewing experience with colours that are true to life, with HDR 10 and 96% colour gamut.

Does this phone have Pro Camera mode?

Nokia 8.1 comes with Pro Camera mode. This feature is optimised for our smartphones which include ZEISS lenses, so we are delighted to bring this well-loved feature to more fans around the world.

What AI features does the camera feature?

With the Nokia 8.1 you can add professional style studio lighting with AI powered imaging, picture perfect landscapes and a variety of filters and masks to your photos and livestreams.

What advanced imaging features does the Nokia 8.1 have?

With its combination of Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS) technology, industry-leading sensor, superfast focus and a high aperture, you can capture sharp images even in darker conditions, allowing longer exposure times with the Pro Camera mode while keeping the picture clear and shake free. OIS also allows you to capture crisp, blur free videos even with shaky hands.

How does the chipset affect the imaging capabilities of the Nokia 8.1?

The Snapdragon® 710 uses Qualcomm Spectra 250 technology, which is a new architecture for higher performance at lower power. This improves noise reduction, active depth-sensing and image stabilisation for enhanced photography on your Nokia 8.1.

Comments

• what will be the price in India, I hope Indian price wouldn't be grater than 20k INR. :smile:
  • El x7 y el 8.1 son lo mismo en India está 230 dólares solo que ahora como se llama 8.1 cuesta 399 dólares así de simple
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Gedink mens mag slegs Engels op die forum gebruik @daniel ts of hoe? Ons ander sou ook graag wil weet wat jy sê sonder google translate. Dalk maar soos die res van ons Engels gebruik? Maar dit daar gelaat.  :D

Back to the topic at hand. I must say I really like the 8.1. The only thing I can be antagonistic about the device is that on the notch, to make it more semetric, I would have liked to see a LED light for emails/messages received. It looks strange to have a ff camera on the one side and nothing on the other side. Can understand that it won't be on the 7.1 and 6.1 plus for example but on the 8.1 I would have thought it would be something to differentiate it from the rest as it will fall in the category mid to high end. And it will have a cool function too. Just my opinion. Like I said really like the 8.1 and would like one myself. Wish HMD/Nokia all the best with it. 
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Really loving the Nokia 8.1, but I'll probably wait for the successor. Don't like the notch, glass back and lower battery capacity.

Overall, the phone is gorgeous, and that SD710 is absolute 🔥
  • zuneid786 zuneid786
    ✭✭  / 
    availability to purchase on Nokia's site ?
  • mananmehta mananmehta
    ✭✭  / 
    does 8.1 have the ai scene recognition feature??
  • noelp noelp
     / 
    Why no wireless charging like the Sirocco?
  • Jit5987 Jit5987
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    why nokia 8.1 is not luanched in India in Black Color?? :/ :/
  • Really loving the Nokia 8.1, but I'll probably wait for the successor. Don't like the notch, glass back and lower battery capacity.

Overall, the phone is gorgeous, and that SD710 is absolute 🔥
    You can hide the notch,just search YouTube on how🙂
  • Guys quick question? Does the volume button and power button have some play? 
  • Guys quick question? Does the volume button and power button have some play? 
    Yes even I felt a slight bit of it
  • fdsfdfewfewds
  • Narayanan.R Narayanan.R
    ✭✭  / 
    Having problem with OTG, 8.1 does not detecting it. Sharing my screen shot, all use USB for options are grayed out in USB Preferences While USB controlled by options selected connected device not sure if it is big but still pendrive connected is heating up. Any help is much appreciated.

I'd restarted device but still no luck :s .
  • I am facing somw series screen flickering issue in the devixe after using it continuously for around 15 mins . Is there anyone else facing the same ?
  • @Naraeee Does your pen drive file system is ntfs if yes it will not connect.You have to set pen drive file system as fat or fat32 with good otg cable if your pen drive is not dual.
  • Android pie allows us to see images sent via whatsapp in the notification panel itself, using 8.1 icant see any images in the notification panel+ cant select texts in overview. Nokia boasts to be pure android but I cant use all the functions of android pie. Help out

• Argho Sarkar Argho Sarkar
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    screlic said:
    Android pie allows us to see images sent via whatsapp in the notification panel itself, using 8.1 icant see any images in the notification panel+ cant select texts in overview. Nokia boasts to be pure android but I cant use all the functions of android pie. Help out

Android pie has nothing to do with that .. it's depending upon the version of WhatsApp .. WhatsApp will push update so that image view in notification is possible
  • [Deleted User] [Deleted User]
    ✭✭  / 
    Informative
    Informative video

Check the entire list of phones this guy has tested and looks to be genuine

✭✭  / 

• pushp6782 pushp6782
     / 
    Can anyone tell me what all frequency bands are supported in Nokia 8.1 launched in India? Will it be able to support Carriers in Canada?
    ✭✭  / 
    pushp6782 said:
    Can anyone tell me what all frequency bands are supported in Nokia 8.1 launched in India? Will it be able to support Carriers in Canada?
    Check this link might help

https://www.devicespecifications.com/en/model/74cc4ccf

Do call up Nokia once and confirm though
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Informative
    Informative video

Check the entire list of phones this guy has tested and looks to be genuine

Nokia is always top in Durability like my Old Nokia 6.1 as well as Nokia 8.1💪.
  • NIMISHA NIMISHA
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @nitin kachare please provide the Gcam latest APK link to download because I tried various version but it  doesn open 
  • This nitin khachare guy is a fake, he's in nokia's payroll. Only his nokia 8.1 works fine rest all the nokia phones got problems but no. You'll always see him saying his nokia works great. I'm using nokia 8.1 and now i hate the phone it's just been 17 days and a 27k phone has become useless. The online support says go to offline stores and the offline store says you bought the phone online so go to online support. I dont know what to do anymore. Just give up on the phone and Forget I had 27000 bucks with me 20 days ago?.