Light bleeding

Hi, is the following normal? Looks like the LEDs at the bottom of the display. Wondering whether or not to take the phone back. Thanks

Light bleeding

Hi, is the following normal? Looks like the LEDs at the bottom of the display. Wondering whether or not to take the phone back.

Thanks

Comments

• Husky Husky
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    I've observed the same issue on my new Nokia 7.1 64GB.
    I wanted to replace the device tomorrow, however the problem seems to be gone all of a sudden now. After one restart (not the first), I really can't seem to see anything anymore. Not sure what to make of this.
    As you can see on my phone, the dark spots seem to be offset compared to yours. It seems that there's a total of 10 backlight sources at the bottom, 5 of which didn't work. (In my example the 5 which don't work on your phone work just fine)
    I have been unable to reproduce the problem so far...
  • Martin McDonald Martin McDonald
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Hi, I reset the phone ready to take it back to the store. On reboot after factory reset the issue was fixed 🤷‍♂️

So same here, fixed itself
  • Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 
    The issue has reappeared over night, with a different set of backlight elements at the bottom of the screen not working.
    It seems it can be "reset" by restarting the phone, but the issue keeps reappearing.
  • Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 
    Update:
    I've received a replacement device 2 days ago, the problem has not reappeared since.
  • Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 
    And update number 2:
    After not quite one week, the same issue reappeared on the replacement device overnight. Again it could be "fixed" by restarting the device.
    Would be nice if they could patch this with a software update.
  • imchandu03 imchandu03
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Is that is hardware issue?? Or software issue?
  • Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 
    I kinda hope it's a software issue that can get fixed? Not sure whether I want to get yet another replacement device, just to find out that it's a software problem.
  • Husky Husky
    ✭✭  / 
    Yet another update: The issue hasn't reappeared since I've updated to Android Pie.