Juho where is our Pie? Nokia CPO should know that a brand isn't supposed to fail its words

During the launch of Nokia 7.1, Nokia CPO Juho Sarvikas said that Nokia flagships Nokia 8 & Nokia 8 Sirocco will get Pie Update in November.

Juho where is our Pie? Nokia CPO should know that a brand isn't supposed to fail its words

conqueror conqueror
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
During the launch of Nokia 7.1, Nokia CPO Juho Sarvikas said that Nokia flagships Nokia 8 & Nokia 8 Sirocco will get Pie Update in November. While Nokia 8 users were anxiously waiting for the Pie, Juho took to Twitter on November 30, 2018 to announce that despite burning midnight oil to deliver Pie to Nokia 8, it couldn't be done due to some issues that will soon be resolved. He also promised that the Pie will be released in a couple of days. Today is exactly a week that Juho made the promise and one will begin to wonder how many days are in Juho's "couple of days" since his "shortly" is usually made up of about 30 to 40 days .

It is important to note that Nokia 8 users have been waiting since 2017 for a better camera app and in 2018, Juho promised that a Pro Camera App will be released and after anxiously waiting for the app, Nokia disappointed its users with a very buggy Pro Camera App update. Later, Juho promised again that a new camera app will accompany the Pie Update and till now, we neither see the Camera nor Pie Update. Does it really take a whole year for a compatible camera app to be developed? I'm finding it difficult to believe that Nokia could not develop a compatible camera app for its flagship after a year of its launch. If Google Camera App can work very better on Nokia 8, why can't Juho Sarvikas contract Google to develop camera app for Nokia Android smartphones since all its devices run on stock Android and Android One OS?

Juho should know that if Nokia flagships are not generally satisfactory, consumers can't trust its midrange devices as every brand is judged by the standard of its flagships. Also, flagships are supposed to be given major OS upgrades first because their users paid more. 

Juho should sit up and make Nokia 8 users happy. 

Chukwuemerie Uduchukwu, 
Nokia 8 user from Nigeria. 

Comments

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    He is HMD's CPO not Nokia's. 
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi Juho Sarvikas, @nokiamobileru is reporting that Pie for Nokia 8 was ready since last month but you are willingly delaying it and planning to release it on December 31 or January 2019 in order to make huge sales of the new Nokia 8.1. Let this better not be true. Nokia 8 is your flagship and delaying quality for your flagship with the aim of selling your new midrange phone is disastrous. Know that if you decide to play games with your flagships and it's users, then another death of Nokia Mobile will be onIf customers can't trust you with quality on your flagships, they can't patronize your midrange phones. Do not play games with us Juho. Give us Pie now
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    He is HMD's CPO not Nokia's. Thanks for the correction but the message to him is clear.. 
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @conqueror I don't think it is even a possibility. Nokia 8 is still on the market and will loose update support end of next year. Nokia 8.1 however, just announced and will have update support for 3 more years. 
    What is logical is to finish Nokia 8 stocks first. Moreover, Nokia 8.1 is not the successor or replacement of Nokia 8.
    I I believe Juho wants release of Pie for Nokia 8 more than anyone here. He is under such a pressure.
  • user1508928527225 user1508928527225
    Regarding nokiamobileru, what's their track record on accurate information and rumors? No idea personally, but these days sensationalism on the Internet is not exactly a rare thing, so it would be useful to know how much or little weight that particular source should be given.
  • conqueror conqueror
    naufrago said:
    @conqueror I don't think it is even a possibility. Nokia 8 is still on the market and will loose update support end of next year. Nokia 8.1 however, just announced and will have update support for 3 more years. 
    What is logical is to finish Nokia 8 stocks first. Moreover, Nokia 8.1 is not the successor or replacement of Nokia 8.
    I I believe Juho wants release of Pie for Nokia 8 more than anyone here. He is under such a pressure.

I guess you are talking about the tweet by @nokiamobileru. Juho should prove the tweet that he is willingly delaying Pie Update wrong is by releasing the update now. @nokiamobileru Twitter handle hardly make wrong predictions. It is only that handle that boldly said and maintained its stand that Nokia 9 won't be launched in Dubai and the preduction later became true.. Juho should give us Pie now. Since 2017, Nokia 8 users have been battling with his still unfulfilled promises especially on the device camera. We are users of Nokia flagship and Juho should better not play games with Nokia flagship and it's users unless he wants another death of Nokia to happen.
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Regarding nokiamobileru, what's their track record on accurate information and rumors? No idea personally, but these days sensationalism on the Internet is not exactly a rare thing, so it would be useful to know how much or little weight that particular source should be given.
    You can go through tweets and predictions of @nokiamobileru.. Most if not all their predictions end up as reality and we shouldn't overlook their claim that Juho is willingly delaying the update which was ready since last month and has decided to release it on December 31, 2018 or January next year in order to make huge sales of Nokia 8.1. Juho should prove them wrong by releasing Pie for us now. Nokia 8 users have been battling with his promises since 2017. This is totally sad! 
  • So HMD is behaving like the crazy girlfriend I had in my college life🙄
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    I'm intrigued by the last sentence: "idea from sarvikas". Thinking of it, could juho actually be our hero? Exposing the 💩 move he's been forced to take, by his superiors/investors/whomever?
    conqueror said:
    You can go through tweets and predictions of @nokiamobileru.. Most if not all their predictions end up as reality and we shouldn't overlook their claim that Juho is willingly delaying the update which was ready since last month and has decided to release it on December 31, 2018 or January next year in order to make huge sales of Nokia 8.1. Juho should prove them wrong by releasing Pie for us now. Nokia 8 users have been battling with his promises since 2017. This is totally sad! 
    OK, I was just sure that quite a few others already have an existing idea about them, even though I had personally ever bumped into them (I'm not really fond of Twitter as a social media channel). :)

It would surely be nice to hear an official response from HMD (I don't think releasing Pie right now would necessarily prove anything either way though. To play devil's advocate to both directions,  a well working build could have been either sitting there for a while or just got some remaining issues fixed, whereas a buggy release could be a genuinely unfinished one, or just older one with manually set date references etc). However, considering their past communication style, I don't think they'll comment about the claim at all.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've just grasped that post, i got the phrase "idea from sarvikas" wrong. So they actually mean "the artificial delay was Sarvikas' idea." I'm more tired than I feel, it appears.
  • conqueror conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I've just grasped that post, i got the phrase "idea from sarvikas" wrong. So they actually mean "the artificial delay was Sarvikas' idea." I'm more tired than I feel, it appears.
    This is sad. Juho Sarvikas should never attempt to play games with Nokia flagships and their users unless he wants to witness another death of Nokia mobile. No serious mobile brand play games with its flagship and its users. 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    The total silence on their part pretty much confirms these allegations.
    I'd actually be surprised if they'd comment about it, regardless of whether the allegations are true or not. That kind of communication isn't exactly one of HMD's strong points.

(also, the topic arose on Friday evening/late afternoon from European perspective, which is not exactly the time when most commercial entities would be active)
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Still they take their Twitter with them, they could call each other and decide on actions. Not many chances that they don't know about these...rumors...
  • Joey88 Joey88
    ✭✭  / 
    I don't want to buy a **** Nokia 8.1, actually I will never buy any Nokia phone again, so stick to your word and provide the update
  • schox schox
    ✭✭  / 
    Joey88 said:
    I don't want to buy a **** Nokia 8.1, actually I will never buy any Nokia phone again, so stick to your word and provide the update
    If you don't plan to use more money on HMD products then why would they do anything for you - they already got the money you had to spend on them 😂💸
  • pal99 pal99
    ✭✭  / 
    naufrago said:
    Nokia 8 is not on the market. It's not even on the website anymore, you have to look for it. Last ones were pushed for 199€ during BF in Europe. But HMD actually knew the phone was crap as it slashed its price 50% off in June! https://www.alphr.com/mobile-phones/1006674/nokia-8-review

My whole feeling from the design, glitches, strategy etc of the Android line is that the Finland guys have little to do with the Android part of "Nokia" . My guess is that it's all designed and engineered by foxconn and the Finnish team do the dumbphones. 
    I'd actually be surprised if they'd comment about it, regardless of whether the allegations are true or not. That kind of communication isn't exactly one of HMD's strong points.

(also, the topic arose on Friday evening/late afternoon from European perspective, which is not exactly the time when most commercial entities would be active)
    It seems that I need to be surprised after all, as there's now actually a tweet about this (or actually a response to another tweet, but anyway):

• naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    pal99 said:
    naufrago said:
    Nokia 8 is not on the market. It's not even on the website anymore, you have to look for it. Last ones were pushed for 199€ during BF in Europe. But HMD actually knew the phone was crap as it slashed its price 50% off in June! https://www.alphr.com/mobile-phones/1006674/nokia-8-review

My whole feeling from the design, glitches, strategy etc of the Android line is that the Finland guys have little to do with the Android part of "Nokia" . My guess is that it's all designed and engineered by foxconn and the Finnish team do the dumbphones. 
    It's on the market. Listed on top of others in Nokia Turkey.
    Also sold on many e-stores all around the world including Amazon, which means they have it in stock. I don't understand how you are so confident 😂

Here is the screenshot.
    Also the url, so you can check it yourself; 
    https://www.nokia.com/phones/tr_tr
    I really don't like to speak without any proof.

And if you are going to say anything about Turkish market, please don't.