Very disappointing news for Nokia 8 and serico users

https://www.phonearena.com/news/Nokia-8-Android-Pie-update-delayed-Nokia-8-1-sales_id111760

Comments

• WTF? I can't accept this information for real... Just I don't want to be real.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Does anyone? Ahem, excluding hmd...
  • icio icio
     / 
    To me, this seems totally a fake news
  • schox schox
    ✭✭  / 
    "I call BS for Phone arena's speculations ...
    If a manufacturer disappoint its users, no one will gamble they stick with manufacturer, and don't jump ship  

I still say that even if they delay to January they are pretty quick... 

If you want camera update, that has nothing to do with Android 9.x.x - and will probably be disappointed ... "

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    So basically Juho lied to everyone by saying they needed a few more days 😠
  • schox schox
    ✭✭  / 
    So basically Juho lied to everyone by saying they needed a few more days 😠
    That is your guess 😉
  • redskua redskua
    ✭✭  / 
    If this is true Sarvikas should be stood down. If he for a moment imagines that by denying every N8/Sorocco owner Pie and cam update they will buy a new N8.1 he is not fit for his position. In my case i will NEVER own another Nokia product again..ever. Just disgusting, it makes a mockery of all the marketing platitudes that the company has based it's comeback on. 
  • As linked in an another thread, Juho is now basically stating that this is not the case:

(it's annoying that looking for occasionally hard-to-find tweets is pretty much the only way to see their official communication, but it's their choice of course *shrug*)
  • sergyu sergyu
    ✭✭  / 
    if we analize correctly, the Pie will come with December patch, as previous updates on Nokia phones also included the monthly security patch. so we have to wait until maybe next friday.
  • eelis eelis
    ✭✭  / 
    if we analize correctly, the Pie will come with December patch, as previous updates on Nokia phones also included the monthly security patch. so we have to wait until maybe next friday.
    Are you sure, I recall they were separate updates?

-eelis-
  • sergyu sergyu
    ✭✭  / 
    eelis said:
    Are you sure, I recall they were separate updates?

-eelis-         
    Bro try to look on phones who received an OS upgrade, they received the monthly patch too in the same time...and keeping in mind that around 13-15 of the month the security patch comes...

• RaveXII RaveXII
    ✭✭✭  / 
    They should atleast give us a date it's already been more than a week since the deadline