Can't take video anymore

Since last week phone update I don't have the video option and I am not happy.

Can't take video anymore

Since last week phone update I don't have the video option and I am not happy. On the top of the round to take the picture it says video and not show the video button. Anyone can help me out?

Comments

• user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 

Did you try some basic troubleshooting steps already?

Force restart the phone (soft reset): Press and hold the power and volume-up keys until 'Powered by Android' is displayed on the screen.
    - Check if it works now, before trying the next step.

Restart the phone in Safe Mode: Press power, then press and hold the Restart option in the shutdown menu until it prompts to restart in safe mode.
    - Check if it works in safe mode, then do another restart to get back to normal mode.

You may have do set up some third-party screen widgets after using Safe Mode, but it does not delete any personal data or other app settings.

Please let us know how it goes?

• Unfortunately the soft reset did not help. Still no video possible. I guess I have to wait for the next phone update...
  • user389 user389
    ✭✭✭  / 

Swipe the viewfinder area to change between photo and video mode is annoying, but my phone always displays the shutter button.
    Just one more wild guess, since I had to clear the camera app cache to get panorama mode working after the Oreo update:

Settings > Apps & notifications > App info > Camera > Storage =

Tap 'Clear cache' and tap 'Clear data'.

Do another restart (soft reset) by press and hold Power and Volume-up.

It is also possible to deactivate the camera app via App info, then activate and reinstall. Open Camera by Mark Harman is my favourite when more advanced camera features are needed.

I assume there are no other graphical issues regarding missing objects on the phone screen in other apps?

--
    Hans