Issue connecting phone with Android Auto to car head-unit

hi all i have a nokia 3 running android 7.0 nougat (version 7.1.1).  the phone does not connect with my car using android auto.  

Issue connecting phone with Android Auto to car head-unit

hi all

i have a nokia 3 running android 7.0 nougat (version 7.1.1).  the phone does not connect with my car using android auto.  

i am able to successfully connect using my son's samsung galaxy s5 and the same usb cable, so what is the issue?  it is clearly not the car head-unit or usb cable and i have just installed the latest version of android auto on the nokia. any suggestions?

i've raised a query with nokia support and they suggest i contact the car manufacturer (kia) to check the compatibility of the car (kia cerato my17 - known as forte in some markets) with the nokia.

i have read of issues with other nokia android phone users in connecting to android auto in the car and hence my question here.

the phone connects with the car via bluetooth with no issue.

Comments

• I've spoken to Kia customer service in Australia and they have advised that they are not aware of any compatibility issues with the Kia Cerato.  They have suggested that I refer back to the phone manuafacturer, especially since the Android Auto connection is possible with a different android phone (Samsung Galaxy), suggesting no fault with the car head unit.