after more 10 from use Nokia

Hi, this will be my first post in the Nokia community and maybe the last one, I started to use Nokia phones before smartphones come to the world, the first mobile for me it 6100 at 2003 after this i replaced many phones common denominator they all are Nokia, this make me fan for Nokia but here I tell for you Why I become a fan ?

after more 10 from use Nokia

yasserhamed yasserhamed
✭✭  / 
Hi,
this will be my first post in the Nokia community and maybe the last one, I started to use Nokia phones before smartphones come to the world, the first mobile for me it 6100 at 2003 after this i replaced many phones common denominator they all are Nokia, this make me fan for Nokia but here I tell for you Why I become a fan ?

I became a fan because I trust Nokia, for more 9 Years I used 6100,3310,5200,6600,7200, N72, E7, N8 and after release phones, with OS Windows I was still using Nokia start from Nokia Lumia 1020, after many phones working with windows I see Nokia loss many fans for Android and I became one of them and moved to android for more 4 years we found many rumors before MWC Nokia will release android phone and every time found it's only rumored except Nokia XL and another phone makes me disgusted its phone have Nokia name and working Android but not same quality for Nokia and not same power for Android, after this I begin to lose confidence in Nokia brand, but last year I found  Nokia release android phone for trust I think it's will be like Nokia XL but after Nokia 2,3,5,8, I decided to go back to use Nokia with flagship Nokia phone for 2017 with many features.

now and after about one year from using Nokia 8, I'm sad from back to use Nokia maybe my expectations were more than their capabilities but I no longer trust in Nokia.

Comments

• Well said. Me too, I owned Nokia Symbian phones which were more than reliable since 1997. My 6600s & 6700s are still working. I then bought 2 Windows Phones 635 & 640xl which were fine until their support ended. I bought a Nokia 8, 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure it out. Just a few minutes ago I learned from Nokia (HDM) costumer service that one basic feature (sd card as internal memory) that is supported by cheeper models (Nokia 1, 2, 3) is not supported in Lumia 8. And this is not mentioned in any official link. If I knew I wouldn't have bought it. Nokia, never again!
  • yasserhamed yasserhamed
    ✭✭  / 
    Well said. Me too, I owned Nokia Symbian phones which were more than reliable since 1997. My 6600s & 6700s are still working. I then bought 2 Windows Phones 635 & 640xl which were fine until their support ended. I bought a Nokia 8, 2 weeks ago and I'm still trying to figure it out. Just a few minutes ago I learned from Nokia (HDM) costumer service that one basic feature (sd card as internal memory) that is supported by cheeper models (Nokia 1, 2, 3) is not supported in Lumia 8. And this is not mentioned in any official link. If I knew I wouldn't have bought it. Nokia, never again!
    Sorry for my knowledge Nokia 8 Support SD , i think you use two sim cards you need to repace one of them with SD
  • If you are using 8 Sirocco then you will just have to live without SD card slot and to a bit more research before buying next time.

If we are talking about "regular" Nokia 8 and you wanted to use SD card to store also apps and not just pictures/music I have to say it really isn't a good idea. SD cards are way slower than internal storage. The speed of internal storage is one of the most important things that makes the phone feel slow or quick and I can understand why Nokia wouldn't make it available for people to load apps on SD cards.