Android 9 delayed

Just because i said so, so na na nah.

Android 9 delayed

mrbelter mrbelter
✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
Just because i said so, so na na nah.

That has as much substance as the current stories circulating. If you want to boost sales you don't do it by cheesing off your current user base to the point where their heads are going to explode.

Comments

• terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Just looking at the facts makes me believe that what Phone Arena have said is true, whether it is or not I don't know. Nokia 8 doesn't get Android Pie in November as originally stated as it requires a couple more days, we're then told it requires a few more days right before the event in Dubai and we then get the Nokia 8.1 unveiled running Android Pie. Either HMD and Nokia got confused as to which Nokia 8 they meant or.....

Communication seems to be the biggest problem with both HMD and Nokia at this point, we get no information for ages and then very little in the way of actual information from the horses mouth.

Come on HMD and Nokia, tell us what's going on and if this forum is that good then inform us on here on here instead of Twitter!!?!
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 
    If people are going to continue buying the Nokia 8 over the 8.1 it is because it now costs peanuts and not because it has android 9 coming for it.

TBH i would imagine most people would avoid the 8 over the 8.1 thanks to HMDs bonkers naming convention which now makes the 8 a replaced model even though the 8.1 replaces the 7 Plus and not the 8.
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:
    If people are going to continue buying the Nokia 8 over the 8.1 it is because it now costs peanuts and not because it has android 9 coming for it.

TBH i would imagine most people would avoid the 8 over the 8.1 thanks to HMDs bonkers naming convention which now makes the 8 a replaced model even though the 8.1 replaces the 7 Plus and not the 8.
    Agreed, it makes no sense as they should have called it the 7.1 Plus as the 8.1 should be the successor to the 8.
  • Joey88 Joey88
    ✭✭  / 
    It appears that HMD global got confused when it comes to naming their devices !!

8.1 really !!! Is that your best creativity ?? it reminds me of Microsoft and windows 8, when it became clear that windows 8 was a disaster so they came up with windows 8.1 which was not better.

Or it's a brilliant idea to draw attention away from their **** up flagship !!!
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I've just come across some posts on Nokia Turkey Facebook page. People was asking when Android Pie would be available for Nokia 8 and page admin made comments saying "end of this year".
    Now you may think that's normal, it's already delayed.
    But wait, all posts and comments are after Juho has announced it will be released in November and before he said "a couple of days or more".
    My point is, I think Nokia guys already knew that Pie wouldn't be ready/rolled out in November, they just didn't disclose info to the public.
  • Joey88 said:
    It appears that HMD global got confused when it comes to naming their devices !!

8.1 really !!! Is that your best creativity ?? it reminds me of Microsoft and windows 8, when it became clear that windows 8 was a disaster so they came up with windows 8.1 which was not better.

Or it's a brilliant idea to draw attention away from their **** up flagship !!!
    Maybe it's just cryptic refer to Nokia's Microsoft adventure and Windows 8 and 8.1 disaster 🤔😄 Remember, nothing with model number 8 can't work.
  • mrbelter mrbelter
    ✭✭✭  / 
    mrbelter said:

Agreed, it makes no sense as they should have called it the 7.1 Plus as the 8.1 should be the successor to the 8.
    It seems to me that they have managed to muddle their own heads with the range of phones they have launched, they don't know what fits in where. Rather than shovelling out lots of phones and crowbarring them in with .1 and plus naming they just have just stuck with what they launched and had yearly variants like Nokia 8 (2019) etc. not rocket science that is it. After all OnePlus do ok launching only 2 phones a year.
  • appu mali appu mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    momi mi A1 has also phisycal hardware navigation buttons, but see how they going provide android pie navigation gusture for such device, see below

• marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Are you referring to the navigation mode (without the home button/pill at the bottom)? That's actually sensible default for a device with physical capacitive buttons, the on-screen navigation bar would only eat up space, needlessly.
  • Physical buttons isn't the issue. They just wants to sell more 8.1 devices
  • naufrago naufrago
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Physical buttons isn't the issue. They just wants to sell more 8.1 devices
    Do you really think this yourself? Honestly.
    Nokia 8.1 is even not on sale :lol:
  • mr.khan mr.khan
    ✭✭  / 
    Yap nokia 8.1 has only lunched not to sell in market yet so camdown and wait thay are comming with some special features for nokia 8  hope so....