Nokia 7.1 wifi issues after Android 9 update

My phone keep dropping wifi connection even when I am using reliable wifi connection. When the phone is connected to WiFi, browsing is really slow.

Nokia 7.1 wifi issues after Android 9 update

topgun23 topgun23
✭✭  / 
My phone keep dropping wifi connection even when I am using reliable wifi connection. When the phone is connected to WiFi, browsing is really slow. I have noticed that other users are also reporting similar issues on other Nokia phones after Android 9 update.

Comments

• Even ImI facing exact same issue. Tried restarting/resetting phone wirhouw luck. I hope Nokia provides a patch soon enough
  • kennethk kennethk
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue here. Really poor speed on WiFi with Android 9 update. 
  • kennethk kennethk
    ✭✭  / 
    I found another thread about this issue in this forum and powered off/on the unit. Now performance was back to normal on the 2.4 GHz at work. Will try at home later with my 5 GHz wifi.
  • I ended up exchanging my first 7.1 because it suddenly refused to connect to any network no matter what I tried in troubleshooting. I sent in a ticket to Nokia Support, they got right back to me with an email asking for more specifics. I wrote back, and have not heard anything since. I ended up exchanging my phone a few days later, since BH Photo was cool about it. My new phone has been working like a champ, until this morning when it, once again, refused to connect to the wifi network at work. I rebooted the phone, and it has connected. However, it gives my concern, as you would imagine. Next time it won't be an exchange.
  • I think it´s a problem of Android 9, my Xiaomi A1 has the same problem with Pie.
  • WiFi connects but no Internet connection after the recent update and I also see a considerable drain in the battery. Think they were rushing for the release. 
  • Simeon Radivoev Simeon Radivoev
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem. The wifi just disconnects and randomly turns on again.

This is what I get inconsistently. The wifi dropping and staying disabled. Not being able to reconnect, until randomly after some time it allows it.

• The sollution for me was the following!

Turn on your Bluethooth, the press and hold the power button. Two options will appear "restart" and "poweroff". Press power off and wait for your screen to turn completly black. The device will restart in safemode.

Turn your phone on, and make sure Bluetooth is enabled. Press and hold the Power button + Volume UP for 10s untill your phone will switch off.

Hope this will help you all!
  • fyah-t fyah-t
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,

any update on this problem ?

I have the same issue, Nokia 8.1 latest update (march 2019)

thanks
  • Marco Arrigo Marco Arrigo
     / 
    I also am experiencing poor WiFi connectivity. The phone loses the WiFi signal at random, and with rather good signal strength.I run the android 9.0 os version, with latest patch. Previously, I had a ZUK Z2plus with modded Android 9 is and connection was flawless. I hope the guys at Nokia read all these complaints and fix this bug that plagues several of their phones, apparently...
  • Ghadir Hussain Ghadir Hussain
    ✭✭  / 
    I have good wifi and my Xiaomi phone had no problem on home wifi but my Nokia 7.1 browse so slow on wifi, even at home i use my 4g mobile data.