Nokia 7.1 wifi issues after Android 9 update

My phone keep dropping wifi connection even when I am using reliable wifi connection. When the phone is connected to WiFi, browsing is really slow.

Nokia 7.1 wifi issues after Android 9 update

My phone keep dropping wifi connection even when I am using reliable wifi connection. When the phone is connected to WiFi, browsing is really slow. I have noticed that other users are also reporting similar issues on other Nokia phones after Android 9 update.

Comments

• Even ImI facing exact same issue. Tried restarting/resetting phone wirhouw luck. I hope Nokia provides a patch soon enough
  • kennethk kennethk
    ✭✭  / 
    Same issue here. Really poor speed on WiFi with Android 9 update. 
  • kennethk kennethk
    ✭✭  / 
    I found another thread about this issue in this forum and powered off/on the unit. Now performance was back to normal on the 2.4 GHz at work. Will try at home later with my 5 GHz wifi.
  • I ended up exchanging my first 7.1 because it suddenly refused to connect to any network no matter what I tried in troubleshooting. I sent in a ticket to Nokia Support, they got right back to me with an email asking for more specifics. I wrote back, and have not heard anything since. I ended up exchanging my phone a few days later, since BH Photo was cool about it. My new phone has been working like a champ, until this morning when it, once again, refused to connect to the wifi network at work. I rebooted the phone, and it has connected. However, it gives my concern, as you would imagine. Next time it won't be an exchange.
  • I think it´s a problem of Android 9, my Xiaomi A1 has the same problem with Pie.
  • WiFi connects but no Internet connection after the recent update and I also see a considerable drain in the battery. Think they were rushing for the release. 
  • Simeon Radivoev Simeon Radivoev
    ✭✭  / 
    Same problem. The wifi just disconnects and randomly turns on again.

This is what I get inconsistently. The wifi dropping and staying disabled. Not being able to reconnect, until randomly after some time it allows it.