Nokia 8 Sirocco running in Pie?

So I just noticed this earlier but in the live event that happened this month, I saw this phonr running in Pie!

Nokia 8 Sirocco running in Pie?

cooljevil cooljevil
✭✭✭  / 
So I just noticed this earlier but in the live event that happened this month, I saw this phonr running in Pie! As you can see in the picture below, the phones that were created this year. Obviously, the 8 Sirocco was there.

This is insane! I know it has been a month of delay with the pie update for Nokia 8 and 8 Sirocco. But why is it the version of Pie is seen in the event? 

Here is the pic:

Comments

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:
    So I just noticed this earlier but in the live event that happened this month, I saw this phonr running in Pie! As you can see in the picture below, the phones that were created this year. Obviously, the 8 Sirocco was there.

This is insane! I know it has been a month of delay with the pie update for Nokia 8 and 8 Sirocco. But why is it the version of Pie is seen in the event? 

Here is the pic:

Oh, that might just be the internal beta version of Pie for Nokia 8 Sirocco that they are still testing to make the consumer update stable and bug free. 
  • Date on the screen of the phone (and some others) September 21...
  • I think the update has been ready for sometime for both Nokia 8 and Nokia 8 Sirocco, and they stopped the release of the update a couple of days before it was scheduled to. And that's obviously for promotional purposes of other Nokia devices, specifically Nokia 8.1 which was intentionally called 8.1 even though it's a Nokia 7 successor. 
    Further more HMD global is promoting the new phone as the new Nokia 8 or simply Nokia 8 ignoring the fact that there's already a device that was released in September 2017 called Nokia 8.
    That can only mean one thing, HMD Global is trying to over shadow their flagship Nokia 8. I can only imagine 2 reasons for this, first the camera of Nokia 8 is one of the biggest failures of the newly formed HMD Global, and secondly they're trying to increase their sales of Nokia 8.1, add to that the shameful bezel size.

The whole situation is as if HMD Global is admitting failure with Nokia 8, and wants us to simply forget about it and replace it with Nokia 8.1 until they release another high end phone. 
  • jnf94 jnf94
    ✭✭  / 
    I think the Sirocco is the best flagship I've owned in a very long time. I'm dismayed it's not yet received Pie. It would have been much popular with a SD 845 instead of an 835
  • DaveyNavy DaveyNavy
    ✭✭  / 
    I'm happy with the sirSiro, I just bought in UK £350..
    But!!!!.. Not happy with HMD conflicting announcements re pie update.