Phone Freezes If Used During Charging

After the November Security Patch Update, I'm finding a problem during charging. If I use it for about 5 to 10 minutes during charging, the phone freezes.

Phone Freezes If Used During Charging

sabbir sabbir
✭✭  / 
After the November Security Patch Update, I'm finding a problem during charging. If I use it for about 5 to 10 minutes during charging, the phone freezes. Even the power button doesn't respond at that state and I have to press Power+volume Up keys to forcibly turn off the device. This problem also occurs if I connect the device to PC for USB file transfer. If I disconnect the USB cable, phone becomes normal again.

I've contacted with support chat but they couldn't give me any solution.

Comments

• cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭  / 
    For charging, the phone might freeze because of the heat it releases. Noticed that when you use you phone while charging, intensively, for the same amount of time you've mentioned, the phone becomes super hot. It is slowing down to avoid any dangerous things like explosion.

For the USB thingy you're saying, try going to safe mode and see if the problem still persists. It could be an app or a specific file to blame. If not, try clearing the cache of your phone itself.
  • sabbir sabbir
    ✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:
    For charging, the phone might freeze because of the heat it releases. Noticed that when you use you phone while charging, intensively, for the same amount of time you've mentioned, the phone becomes super hot. It is slowing down to avoid any dangerous things like explosion.

For the USB thingy you're saying, try going to safe mode and see if the problem still persists. It could be an app or a specific file to blame. If not, try clearing the cache of your phone itself.
    Interesting fact is, the phone temperature doesn't increase that much even if I use it for that amount of time. Previously, before November update, the phone temperature would increase up-to 42 degree Celsius if I used for 5-10 minutes but there was no hanging issue. But now after the November update the phone doesn't feel that much warm but it freezes. So I don't think it as a temperature issue.

And when I contacted support chat, they also suggested to check in the safe mode. And yes, the problem still persisted in safe mode.
  • cooljevil cooljevil
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    What a compelling issue! I supposed you really cannot solve your problem. One thing I know to solve this is to do "clear cache partition". This will only, again, clear all the caches you have in your phone. Don't get scared with the word "partition" as this is just referring to the system. Nothing will happen bad like losing your apps and datas

Wipe Partition Data:

It is good practice to clean the Partition Cached Data once in a while to remove temporary files which in turn can make your Android run faster. Power off your Android device and then press and hold power and volume down button to enter the “Recovery Mode”. Once in recovery mode, first press and hold the power button and then the volume up key to enter the options where you will see “Wipe Partition Data” option. Use Volume up and down key to select the option and press the power key to delete Partition Cache Data.

Information from nokiapoweruser. For more things about this issue, check out this tip: https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/nokiapoweruser.com/15-tips-tricks-to-make-your-android-run-faster-improve-its-overall-performance/amp/

That's all I can to help! Hope this helps you.

• sabbir sabbir
    ✭✭  / 
    cooljevil said:
    What a compelling issue! I supposed you really cannot solve your problem. One thing I know to solve this is to do "clear cache partition". This will only, again, clear all the caches you have in your phone. Don't get scared with the word "partition" as this is just referring to the system. Nothing will happen bad like losing your apps and datas

Wipe Partition Data:

It is good practice to clean the Partition Cached Data once in a while to remove temporary files which in turn can make your Android run faster. Power off your Android device and then press and hold power and volume down button to enter the “Recovery Mode”. Once in recovery mode, first press and hold the power button and then the volume up key to enter the options where you will see “Wipe Partition Data” option. Use Volume up and down key to select the option and press the power key to delete Partition Cache Data.

Information from nokiapoweruser. For more things about this issue, check out this tip: https://www.google.com.ph/amp/s/nokiapoweruser.com/15-tips-tricks-to-make-your-android-run-faster-improve-its-overall-performance/amp/

That's all I can to help! Hope this helps you.

I don't know if you ever tried the method you suggested. I can't enter recovery mode according to your method. It leads the device to safe mood.
  • sabbir sabbir
    ✭✭  / 
    Update:
    The problem solved automatically after updating Google related apps from play store.