We need Bootloader Unlocking Methods from Nokia

This thing must be our own. Nokia , kindly tell us abiab that and make something like Nokia 8 Bootloader unlocking

We need Bootloader Unlocking Methods from Nokia

This thing must be our own. Nokia , kindly tell us abiab that and make something like Nokia 8 Bootloader unlocking
Tagged:

Answers

• jim in pa jim in pa
    ✭✭  / 
    Don't hold your breath. Nokia made a corporate decision not allowing the bootloader to be unlocked and I seriously doubt they will change their policy.
  • I actually needed root for two things: AdAway and dnscrypt-proxy. AdAway is useless in most scenarios since I have Diversion 4 running on my router. And who needs dnscrypt-proxy when DNS over TLS works out of the box in Android Pie? Trust me, I'm a hacker, I have compiled myself Lineage OS for my old mobile phone.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭✭  / 
    Root and bootloader unlock are two different things, as I'm sure you know.

In Dubai @juho explained that it takes them significant software resources to develop the official bootloader unlock method for each phone, resources that they prefer to spend developing, testing and deploying updates to all the phones of all customers. He didn't say they wouldn't do it, but it's not a high priority for them.

I know that doesn't answer your question, but hopefully helps you understand their decision.