Nokia 7 plus android pie update

Hey everyone, is there anyone else that hasn't received the android 9 update yet? It's been a ahile since it was released and I'm still on android 8...

Nokia 7 plus android pie update

Hey everyone, is there anyone else that hasn't received the android 9 update yet? It's been a ahile since it was released and I'm still on android 8...

Comments

• hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Got it right away after first booting it up. Also got the November security patch two days ago!
  • I'm still on 8.1 and August security patch it's a joke!
  • Whole Android Pie is a buggy joke! This was an usable phone with Android 8, not anymore 
  • gowtham4us gowtham4us
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi :)

I have received Android P and October security patch yesterday.
  • I got Pie update and December security patch today. First update I've had since 1st August!
  • Hey everyone, is there anyone else that hasn't received the android 9 update yet? It's been a ahile since it was released and I'm still on android 8...

• Cyrille daix Cyrille daix
    ✭✭  / 
    bonjour.
    aucune mise a jour egalement.correctif de mai 2018.ca fait 6 mois que j'ai achete le tel.
    je suis tres decu de nokia.
  • dunkan50 dunkan50
    ✭✭  / 
    user1541760065570 said:
    Hey everyone, is there anyone else that hasn't received the android 9 update yet? It's been a ahile since it was released and I'm still on android 8... got a new phone but no update
  • No Pie update for me yet
  • KennyThuy KennyThuy
    ✭✭  / 
    Bought a Nokia 7 plus 4 days ago, but still on android 8.1 with 05.2018 security patch. Manuale search says I have the most recent update?
  • Thesim Thesim
    ✭✭  / 
    KennyThuy said:
    Bought a Nokia 7 plus 4 days ago, but still on android 8.1 with 05.2018 security patch. Manuale search says I have the most recent update?

I'm in same situation, was told by support that it should come in next 2-3 weeks.
  • sl7023 sl7023
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello, just purchased a 7 Plus within the last week, still on Android 8, security patch to August 2018 ! I've contacted customer support who gave me a standard response about it being rolled out soon, blah, blah. 
    As an aside, the phone itself is great !
  • Purple Purple
    ✭✭  / 
    Same here, new Unlocked 7 Plus purchase, still on 8.1. All my Samsung phones are on 9 already. Samsung is the one that usually takes forever to update, so how come an Android One branded phone is still stuck on 8.1?

Customer support say they've no idea when it'll come. I feel deceived by Nokia and their Android One logo.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Purple said:
    Same here, new Unlocked 7 Plus purchase, still on 8.1. All my Samsung phones are on 9 already. Samsung is the one that usually takes forever to update, so how come an Android One branded phone is still stuck on 8.1?

Customer support say they've no idea when it'll come. I feel deceived by Nokia and their Android One logo.
    Sideload
  • Purple Purple
    ✭✭  / 
    Sideload
    The whole point of this brand was that it wouldn't need any side-loading or year long delays. It's a matter of principle.
  • Kelly Watson Kelly Watson
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi,I'm in the UK , Nokia 7 plus( 00WW_2_22M_SP02 ),and I'm still on 8.1 with October update .That tallies with the Nokia's service announcement page,but as someone mentioned,the whole idea of android one was to have prompt updates . It's ok to say that different countries and carrier's have their own agendas and criteria to actually pass the updates onto the customer, but I can't help thinking that's something Nokia should sort out with them, rather than there being such a huge disparity between someone in Ireland that's been on android 9 since September's (for example), and someone in the UK on 8.1 .Apple manages to do it quite well . I see no reason Nokia cant. 
    I did ask in the online Nokia help about this, but was more or less quoted the proforma company response .
    It seems to be sailing close to some very dangerous waters Viz a Viz sales of goods act, when a product's reality isn't what's quoted in the advertising literature. 
    I'm sure I speak for everyone here that owns a Nokia 7 plus,or any android one device in the same predicament that it's not good enough blaming carrier's or countries-inevitably,the buck stops with you, Nokia
  • Kelly Watson Kelly Watson
    ✭✭  / 
    As an update,I've emailed Risto siilasmaa about this, if I get any feedback,will post here
  • Nick22 Nick22
    ✭✭  / 
    My UK update has landed... Finally
  • Mike 4311 Mike 4311
    ✭✭  / 
    Mines done last night
  • Jtn513 Jtn513
    ✭✭  / 
    For those stuck on old updates there are a couple of options depending on how adventurous you feel. Firstly, try a different carrier SIM - if you're on Vodafone, try o2 or EE, this has worked for me - got me to the October update Oreo 8.1. 

The second is slight more involved. Its called sideloading. Basically downloading the update to the phone and forcing the update from the phone itself. There are good instruction here https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/development/ota-nokia-7-plus-ota-links-t3818774

Please check which version of firmware you are running CC is the China version WW is everywhere else. Latest version is universal. Recommend updating to the November software upgrade and update Pi + November patch. This does work - done it myself, received updates to February 2019 - waiting on the next big patch/update which is out now (also available on the link above). This does not affect your warranty or Google certification. 

Hope this helps.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Jtn513 said:
    For those stuck on old updates there are a couple of options depending on how adventurous you feel. Firstly, try a different carrier SIM - if you're on Vodafone, try o2 or EE, this has worked for me - got me to the October update Oreo 8.1. 

The second is slight more involved. Its called sideloading. Basically downloading the update to the phone and forcing the update from the phone itself. There are good instruction here https://forum.xda-developers.com/nokia-7-plus/development/ota-nokia-7-plus-ota-links-t3818774

Please check which version of firmware you are running CC is the China version WW is everywhere else. Latest version is universal. Recommend updating to the November software upgrade and update Pi + November patch. This does work - done it myself, received updates to February 2019 - waiting on the next big patch/update which is out now (also available on the link above). This does not affect your warranty or Google certification. 

Hope this helps.
    Every one knows this , but they don't want to sideload
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Bro, Android 8 was very good in terms of battery optimization and usability...Pie is super buggy...you will regret after the update...
  • Purple Purple
    ✭✭  / 
    Just received Android 9 on 7 Plus in the UK, so now I'm happy.
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited April 11
    Compare the changelog of Poco F1 latest update and Nokia 7 Plus 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• ciolan ciolan
    ✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:

we dont care about your shity phone. We care about Nokia phones!
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    ciolan said:
    prasad134 said:

ciolan said:
    prasad134 said:

And Nokia is disappointing from pie update 😂😂😂
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ciolan said:
    prasad134 said:

Well i think its "HMD" phones and not Nokia phones...if Nokia had actually made these phones...they would have been a lot better...and as always HMD continues to disappoint by releasing Nokia X71🤣🤣🤣
  • vinayak vinayak
    ✭✭  / 
    If you are on Android 8 be on it. Coz after you I'll update to Android pie you I'll feel like throwing that device. Trust me.
  • Ferrocky Ferrocky
    ✭✭  / 
    I bought a 7 plus after pie ruined my nokia 5, so I have no intention of making the same mistake twice. Until I know it is totally stable.