My Phone Stops Charging

Hi All, om really happy for my Nokia 8 Sirocco. But lately i have discovered that it just stops charging. I have to remove the cable and insert it again.

My Phone Stops Charging

Tuppe Tuppe
✭✭  / 
Hi All, om really happy for my Nokia 8 Sirocco. But lately i have discovered that it just stops charging. I have to remove the cable and insert it again. Sometimes IT starts and then just stops after 10 secounds. Then i have to remove the cable, turn it and insert it into the phone again for it to charge. 

The cable is completely fine and original.
Tagged:

Comments

• Tuppe Tuppe
    ✭✭  / 
    *FIXED* Hi all! Just an update if anyone is curious (Even though nobody asked).

It just hit me that I should try and clean out the USB port on the phone. And correct, there was a lot of dust an "pocket-stuff" in the USB port. The cable is snapping in just fine now and it charges as normal again.

So a good reminder to clean the USB port once in a while :wink: - by the way I used a plastic toothpick. I would not recommend a needle as it is conductive. 
  • Marko Filipan Marko Filipan
    ✭✭  /  edited March 2019
    +1

I had the  same problem here:
    Tuppe said:
    *FIXED* Hi all! Just an update if anyone is curious (Even though nobody asked).

It just hit me that I should try and clean out the USB port on the phone. And correct, there was a lot of dust an "pocket-stuff" in the USB port. The cable is snapping in just fine now and it charges as normal again.

So a good reminder to clean the USB port once in a while :wink: - by the way I used a plastic toothpick. I would not recommend a needle as it is conductive. 
    Can confirm this  was a solution for me: there was an amount of dust there, "pushed" to the bottom of the port and the connector couldn't fit completely (I guess connector pushed this dust every time after connecting it to the phone). After cleaning this with wooden (or plastic) toothpick, the connector fits in perfectly and charging issues are gone!

Thanks Tuppe!