Turn on instant notifications

So.. I want my phone not to save battery. Like.. I want my notifications to come through instantly.

Turn on instant notifications

Eic Eic
✭✭  / 
So.. I want my phone not to save battery. Like.. I want my notifications to come through instantly. Now only few apps are capable of doing that (calls, messages, alarm clock). But all other apps - like gmail, skype or FB Messenger are not. I only receive notifications when I wake up my device (or when someone starts spamming me messages, after like 5th message they come through, so I guess phone is receiving those messages, just not putting them through). Whenever I google solutions for this, I only get tips on how to make it worse (because for some reason everyone just want to save their batteries) or nothing that actually worked.
What I have done so far:
Battery optimization - off for every single application (even system).
Background activity manager - looks off (there is no toggle, only the 'blacklist', which is off).
Background activity cleaner - off.
Every app has 'Urgent' notification importance.
Battery power saver - off (obviously).
Looks like I have data saving modes turned off (I might have missed some, but I only do not get notifications while device is sleeping).
Factory reset (multiple times (for various reasons)). I never received real-time notifications on this phone while it's sleeping.
Phone is not rooted (nor it can be.. stupid Nokia policy). Android 8.1. Nokia 5.

I contacted Nokia support team, but they took 30 minutes to tell me to reboot the phone, so decided not to wait another half an hour to tell me to clear apps' cache.

I saw that with ADB I could turn off doze, but as I understood, it's temporary as restarting the phone brings this 'feature' back, but I have to restart this phone every day or two due to not a huge amount of RAM (2GB) as it fills up with trash and restarting the phone brings me the best performance, so it's really not a great option. Edit: also, it didn't help 

Answers

• I came here to report the same thing with my 5.1 (Android 8.0), which I bought last week. I have a 3GB RAM model, but am experiencing the same problem. The only thing I seem to be getting in a somewhat timely manner is Gmail, everything else hardly shows up unless I actually open the app. Sometimes I even see a notification come in but it'll disappear before I manage to read it, and without leaving a notification dot so I don't even know which app it was from. When I use a device info app to look at the memory usage, I see about 800MB free, so it shouldn't be a problem to keep a few more apps available in background?

I was using an old Samsung running KitKat with the same amount of RAM and while it was very slow and laggy, and the background apps often needed to restart themselves, I could depend on notifications to come in relatively promptly. I rely on Messenger (using Lite app already, when I was able to use the full app on my old phone) and Whatsapp for everyday communication, so I need those notifications to work! 
  • Eic Eic
    ✭✭  / 
    Sometimes I even see a notification come in but it'll disappear before I manage to read it, and without leaving a notification dot so I don't even know which app it was from. When I use a device info app to look at the memory usage, I see about 800MB free, so it shouldn't be a problem to keep a few more apps available in background?
    Notifications immediately disappear if they are read somewhere else. Like on pc. 
    And to comment about RAM... Well Nokia ram management couldn't hold apps in there even if they had all the ram in the world in one phone.

Sad thing is, that we have all those bugs that are killing us. They're not getting fixed. Each major update slows down the damned thing or introduces more bugs. And they purposefully locked the bootloaders so we couldn't switch to better software than theirs.