1. Status bar lags when pulled down quickly. (not using fingerprint sensor).
2. Full bezel mode (enabled through developer options) messes with the resolution and the status bar starts flickering sometimes.
3. Changing apps takes extra time to fill the area right below the notch area when Full bezel mode is on.
4. Volume slider is very specific and need to go to settings if I want to change other volume modes, unlike Oreo.
5. Browsing speeds have been disappointing although the speed shown on speed test says otherwise.
6. Haven't experienced any major lags though I see micro stutters which I don't experience on my moto z play running on Snapdragon 625 SoC.
7. When using fingerprint to unlock, very few times noticed the screen going to the lockscreen and then unlocking rather than directly unlocking the phone.
8. Not expecting the fingerprint sensor to be on par with flagship devices, but I think it can be a little faster than the current version.
9. Have experienced call drops which I didn't experience on previous devices with the same sim card, it's rare though.
10. There are no settings to enable torch or certain apps by drawing gestures on the lockscreen. Not a big deal but used to enjoy it.
As you can see all my problems are software based and most probably can be solved through an update.
I still like the phone very much since it checks most of the boxes for me, compact phone, great display, pretty fluidic experience given the quick update to pie, decent battery life, nice camera, below average gaming, and bugs that can be fixed. Would like to add that I prefer the phone with the notch switched off. Find it to look more premium.
Hope devs take a look at this and fix some of them in the next update if not all.