Introducing – Nokia 8.1: Now available in India

Hello, Fans from India, you can now get your hands on the new Nokia 8.1!

Introducing – Nokia 8.1: Now available in India

dipankar paul dipankar paul
Staff member  /  edited December 2018
Hello, Fans from India, you can now get your hands on the new Nokia 8.1!

The 4GB/64GB version is available at a recommended best buy price of Rs 26,999. Meanwhile, the 6GB/128GB version will be available next month.

Head to the Nokia store now to pre-order the Nokia 8.1 and get some cool offers too!

The new Nokia 8.1 brings flagship-calibre imaging with ZEISS Optics, PureDisplay screen technology and accelerated performance to the value flagship segment.

All of this comes in a contemporary package with the precise craftsmanship expected from a Nokia smartphone. Running the latest Android software, Android 9 Pie, the Nokia 8.1 delivers the best Android experience with the latest innovations right out of the box.

Gorgeous selfies, day or night

Using enhanced light capture, the 20 MP adaptive front camera takes beautiful selfies in low light. And with Google Lens™ and Motion Photos integrated into the camera app, you can shoot super smooth videos and explore the world by learning more about the places, objects, and animals you see through your camera.

Superior viewing

The adaptive 6.18’’ Full-HD+ PureDisplay keeps the colors accurate and the content visible – even in bright sunlight. Thanks to HDR10 support, 96% color gamut and 1:1500 contrast ratio, you can enjoy brighter videos with crisper details and richer colors. Plus, the new Adaptive Brightness feature in Android 9 Pie learns your screen brightness preferences and automatically adjusts the settings.

Design sophistication

The dual-tone anodized metal frame in Nokia 8.1 meets high-level testing criteria to ensure durability in everyday life. The seamless design and high-precision manufacturing create a strong sense of sophistication - a premium look that draws notice.

Hardware

The high-performing and AI-powered Qualcomm™ Snapdragon® 710 processor delivers the speed you need, while the new Adaptive Battery feature on Android 9 Pie helps provide 2-day1 battery life.

Save time and battery life with Android 9 Pie

Android 9 Pie unleashes the power of artificial intelligence to give you more from your Nokia 8.1 smartphone. It adapts to you and how you use your phone, learning your preferences as you go and improving over time, keeping things running smoother for longer.

The best of Android, latest innovation from Google

Android One brings a Google-designed software experience to Nokia 8.1. Get everything you want and nothing you don’t with a streamlined, easy to use interface and a curated set of pre-installed apps, and free, unlimited high-quality photos storage with Google Photos2. Regular security updates and two years of software upgrades mean Nokia 8.1 with Android One stays secure and features the latest Google innovations, such as Google Assistant optimization.

What do you think of the new Nokia 8.1? Tell us in the comments!

Tagged:

Comments

• how to avail 10% HDFC cashback? anyone?
  • shibin shibin
    ✭✭  / 
    Pricing is way too high for Nokia 8.1 as per my thought, could have lowered it or they can make 6Gb as the base variant.
  • when will pre order of nokia 8.1 blue/silver available

• nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Any Upgrade plan from 7 plus.??
  • Sreeni Sreeni
     / 
    Does this 8.1 support Band2 & Band4 for 4g?
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Pricing seems fair, in my opinion :) Great device!
  • Can u Mail Me Ur Exchange offers ...
    Mine Phone is Nokia7Plus....
    if u had some detail to tell me...
    Just mail at [email protected]

• neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Clearly, a remarkable phone... It might seem to be on a bit higher side for India market, but considering the values like design, build quality, and upgraded camera I believe their pricing is justified... Good thing is they are also offering 6GB/128GB version for those looking for bigger memory and enhanced gaming performance.
    I am planning to buy 8.1 at an offline store (Reliance Digital). I prebooked the phone by paying Rs 2000/-. When I asked about the HDFC cash back offer, he told they will return me my booking amount on 21st (while buying the phone) and then I can swipe my HDFC card for total payment and then I will get 10% cashback.
  • munnasharma munnasharma
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No United Bank of India offer. 
    I am planning to buy 8.1 at an offline store (Reliance Digital). I prebooked the phone by paying Rs 2000/-. When I asked about the HDFC cash back offer, he told they will return me my booking amount on 21st (while buying the phone) and then I can swipe my HDFC card for total payment and then I will get 10% cashback.
    Update: I purchased the phone yesterday. For the cashback to be applicable the card (HDFC) must be used at a pine labs terminal at the store. The executive told the cashback that i would be getting is 2000/- Rs.  :)
  • Great Phone as per my usage.Excellent camera.Great built!!! Getting 6hrs+ battery with lots of calls, instagram and networking!!

The price was on a bit higher side, it could have been perfect @24k
    Update: I purchased the phone yesterday. For the cashback to be applicable the card must be used at a pine labs terminal at the store. The executive told me the cashback that I would be getting is 2000/- Rs.
    Update: I purchased the phone yesterday. For the cashback to be applicable the card must be used at a pine labs terminal at the store. The executive told me the cashback that I would be getting is 2000/- Rs.