Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

https://youtu.be/Sw5AF0S8j4Q Hi guys, Thank you for your patience. Truly.

Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

matteo.m matteo.m
✭✭  /  edited December 2018

Hi guys,

Thank you for your patience. Truly.

To ensure that you don’t have to wait anymore to get Pie on your Nokia 8, we decided to make it a Beta labs release first. 

Please join us, see the link below, to help us finalize the commercial release.

Link to Beta labs: Head over here to get started!

Comments

• weijoon88 weijoon88
    ✭✭  / 

I'm facing the same issue... Phone was send to warranty before.
  • Why i have imei already in use?
  • Waiting for my beta
  • Fabien N Fabien N
    ✭✭  / 
    Et mon Nokia 8 Sirocco ?
  • terte terte
     / 
    Where IS Google security patch for december 2018 Android Oreo 8.1
  • hdisowjdj3838 hdisowjdj3838
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Awesome! Glad to see it's finally rolling out :)
  • Android 9 has a big trouble with Bluetooth collection, i cant collect to my smartwatch Amazfit BIP, so i decide to roll back Android 8.1 now after 1 hour in Android 9, not good and no new
  • Pechu Pechu
    ✭✭  / 
    weijoon88 said:

Same issue here also..what to do?any idea ??
  • Does it affect the warranty? 
  • cri347 cri347
    ✭✭✭  / 
    cri347 said:
    This beta is look like a hybrid between Android 8.1 and 9 Pie.
    -The battery manager is the same of Oreo, so no adaptive battery and new optimization;
    -The launcher is based on the latest AOSP launcher, but there isn't the support for app actions. In addition to this, most used app in drawer now is missing;
    -The camera is the same present in Oreo, the only change is Google Lens shortcut;
    -The Glance screen is the old one without the support for all apps;
    -There isn't the support for Digital Wellbeing, the placeholder in the settings is missing, this means that even if we install it through the APK, we can't use it.

And these are just the things you notice at first sight. I think it's totally useless to report feedback via the app. It's a build so far from what should be the definitive that there would be too much to report and I think the development team is aware of it.

I hope that the internal builds on which they are at work are completely different from this released just to calm the minds. Otherwise we would have to wait a long time to see a stable build.
    In addition to this:
    -Wheater forecast in the lock screen is missing;
    -Screenshot editor is missing;
    -A very old design bug: the network icon in the status bar is the one from Android 8. With Android 8.1 this icon is updated with one with rounded corner (like the wifi and battery icons). In Android 9 Pie we still have the wrong icon (this is the last problem of this beta).

@ericsondavidson in your camera app flash toggle is missing besides the double layer :D
    I haven't this problem, have you tried to clear cache of the app or the data?
  • oystein oystein
    ✭✭  / 
    With Android Pie, Google Camera app stopped working and Nokia Camera app has not been updated. Somewhat disappointed. :/
  • weijoon88 said:

Am having exactly same issue like yours My motherboard was changed once during warranty Now beta lab is validating my phone but am unable to get request OTA tab/button on the site !
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @cri347 and everyone else, please can you put all this valuable feedback in dedicated forum for the this beta? https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/beta-labs-nokia-8-android-pie

One of you said that there's an OEM who released Android 9 for a phone a month ago.... well, HMD did this for the 7 plus and 7.1 in October, if my memory is correct, so let's make sure we give the whole picture shall we?

Little deviation off-topic: The Sirocco has an OLED screen whereas the 8 has LCD, I'd expect the Sirocco to have a more full featured glance screen.

I'm sure the beta for Sirocco will follow pretty soon, after all they're on the same SoC.
  • I had registered for Oreo beta earlier. Now when I try to register for pie beta it days IMEI already in use .Unable to request OTA! 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I just checked and I don't need to register again for beta labs, I'm already registered. Are you sure that you can't just request the OTA update, is the website asking you to register again? This could be a problem with the webpage so please post the feedback here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/feedback

• madbilly said:
    I just checked and I don't need to register again for beta labs, I'm already registered. Are you sure that you can't just request the OTA update, is the website asking you to register again? This could be a problem with the webpage so please post the feedback here: https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/feedback

Am having same issue anyways leaving a feedback !