Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs - Page 2

First of all i would like to focus on the positives...overall the beta version was quite impressive but what I found was in the camera there was only Google…

Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

Comments

• hacker07 hacker07
    ✭✭  / 
    Want this feature 
    Faceunlock.no faceunlock we need this feature....
  • Mihail Tinchev Mihail Tinchev
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I only want to point out that after the update the Nokia 8 feels a little bit faster and more responsive to touches and swipes on the screen. It may be just me, but I am pretty sure it is smoother. For things that I don't like I will probably write in a few days.
  • any update with bluetooth codec ? can use LDAC or APTX yet ?
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I had registered for Oreo beta earlier. Now when I try to register for pie beta it days IMEI already in use .Unable to request OTA! 
    You don't need to register again... Kindly request for OTA and go to settings and check for the update and download 
  • Conqueror Conqueror
    ✭✭✭  / 
    oystein said:
    With Android Pie, Google Camera app stopped working and Nokia Camera app has not been updated. Somewhat disappointed. :/
    I have updated to Pie Beta and my Google Camera App still works fine
  • I think now is definitive, the first step to the Android foot is released.
  • Fasen Fasen
     / 
    Try
  • Change camera app,give more features 
  • user1520047915786 user1520047915786
     /  edited December 2018
    new camera app. Thanks Nokia. Seems you guys are really working hard.
  • VersaV básica do Android pie...
  • Still waiting for Nokia 8 sirocco beta pie update kindly launch official release no beta 
  • when nokia 6 2017 users able to get Android pie?? ? 😥😥😥
  • terte said:
    Where IS Google security patch for december 2018 Android Oreo 8.1
    That depends on your region, usually the new patches of each month I receive the 15.

To my surprise today 11 I received the December patch.

you just have to wait and press the button to check for updates.
  • conqueror said:
    oystein said:
    With Android Pie, Google Camera app stopped working and Nokia Camera app has not been updated. Somewhat disappointed. :/
    I have updated to Pie Beta and my Google Camera App still works fine
    Same here (disclaimer: I only tested the regular camera mode and Night Sight, not everything, but those two at least work still just fine).
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @cri347 I know that Evenwell seem to be the ones who make (or package) most of the apps for HMD. I know HMD have some software engineers but I presume they're mainly involved in the testing side before certification/approvals etc. I did try to find out a bit more about this in Dubai but didn't have enough time...
  • conqueror said:
    I had registered for Oreo beta earlier. Now when I try to register for pie beta it days IMEI already in use .Unable to request OTA! 
    You don't need to register again... Kindly request for OTA and go to settings and check for the update and download 
    I don't get the request OTA option without going through the registration.
  • i want pie update pls
  • pls give pie update on my nokia 8 pls pls pls 
  • Nisse Nisse
    ✭✭  / 
    To clarify my problem of "already registered - no OTA"
    There is no option to "Request OTA" - This is a problem with webpage

• After Update Pie Beta other apps not responding lot off bugs 
  • I think this not beta update. Just Pie Launcher only colored apps...
  • greynomad greynomad
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 

If you have done that and still have problems entering the forum please give me a PN or tag me in a post then I can have a look at this. 

Best regards, 
    Laura 

Hi Laura

I have the same problem, not being able to get into the beta lab tester forum.

Thanks

• I updated my Nokia 8 to beta pie but sad to find out no swipe gesture as shown in 
  • Plz update andAndr pie