• drbvrao2207 drbvrao2207
    ✭✭  / 
    Y not for me??? 
  • My Nokia 8 did not get the pie...
  • Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    HMD_Laura said:
    Hi all, 

I think @madbilly already mentioned it somewhere but please give us all your feedback in the dedicated beta labs forum here https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/beta-labs-nokia-8-android-pie 

It has restricted access but everyone who is registered as beta labs tester should be able to access it :) Little heads up: it just works when you have used the same account for beta labs registration and the forum. If you have done that and still have problems entering the forum please give me a PN or tag me in a post then I can have a look at this. 

Best regards, 
    Laura 
    Hi, I'm registered and downloaded the Pie update, but can't go in to dedicated forum to post the bugs I found. Don't have access.
  • Hi, I'am from INDIA. I downloaded the update on my NOKIA 8. First of all there is no adaptive battery, face unlock, the camera app is updated a little bit but there is no AR Core feature as of now. Hopefully this will be solved in the final update.
  • My Nokia 8 did not get the pie...

me.too,i can't update.
  • Hi, 

I am from South Africa and have a Nokia 8 Sirocco. When I try to register for the beta labs, it sYs that my phone is not ready for the beta. I've entered my IMEI and network provider information many times and still got the same message. Could someone please let me know why this happens and if I am the only one experiencing this problem? 
  • Emad Alqudah Emad Alqudah
     /  edited December 2018
    I need update link....
  • I need update link for nokia 8 .
  • Me too
  • I would like to clarify about the gestures on nokia 8.
    The question itself (whether they are needed or not on this device) is not entirely correct. This is one of the distinguishing features of android 9 pie. And besides gestures on this panel, other important functions are also “tied up”, for example, a screen rotation trigger. If nokia claims that all phones 2017. Since nokia 3 is included in the android one program, then it is obliged to follow certain standards of this system! You can not just take and cut out one of the key features of the new android. And the fact that this device has touch buttons under the screen is not a reason for abandoning this function!
    And this is an example of smartphones released with the android one system, which have touch buttons below the display, and which have received a gesture panel.
    These smartphones include xiaomi mi a1 and htc u11 life.
    The owners of these smartphones simply have the choice of using the classic control option or the new panel.
  • Er Kik99 Er Kik99
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi to everyone, is this beta a kind of relatively stable version in order to use it on my phone everyday? Are there any big problems who might not guarantee everyday usability? Thank you for your attention :smile:
  • cri347 cri347
    ✭✭✭  / 
    madbilly said:
    @cri347 I know that Evenwell seem to be the ones who make (or package) most of the apps for HMD. I know HMD have some software engineers but I presume they're mainly involved in the testing side before certification/approvals etc. I did try to find out a bit more about this in Dubai but didn't have enough time...
    The added value of nokia is the software, if they don't invest in that, I do not think they can aspire to reach the summit.
    OnePlus has hired the entire development team of a famous custom ROM and the results are seen, have the best semistock firmware in circulation.
    The high-end devices unfortunately come out with old platforms already and I don't know if the 5 cameras of the Nokia 9 will be the killer feature, they cannot manage the two of the Nokia 8...
    In any case, I hope they change gear, otherwise better bet on the mid-range.
    I'll be happy if they will update this build to a real beta in the coming days ;)
  • todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Hi, 

I am from South Africa and have a Nokia 8 Sirocco. When I try to register for the beta labs, it sYs that my phone is not ready for the beta. I've entered my IMEI and network provider information many times and still got the same message. Could someone please let me know why this happens and if I am the only one experiencing this problem? 
    @Cohen Lee Johnston welcome at the Nokia forum. Excellent seeing a fellow South African on here. Unfortunately it's only for Nokia 8 owners and those of us that have Sirocco's can't take part in the beta labs program. Maybe we will be included later on, not sure. 
  • everything i do,but nothing happen,i don't get pie.my nokia8 didn't get update,i am in china,
  • I would like to clarify about the gestures on nokia 8.
    The question itself (whether they are needed or not on this device) is not entirely correct. This is one of the distinguishing features of android 9 pie. And besides gestures on this panel, other important functions are also “tied up”, for example, a screen rotation trigger. If nokia claims that all phones 2017. Since nokia 3 is included in the android one program, then it is obliged to follow certain standards of this system! You can not just take and cut out one of the key features of the new android. And the fact that this device has touch buttons under the screen is not a reason for abandoning this function!
    And this is an example of smartphones released with the android one system, which have touch buttons below the display, and which have received a gesture panel.
    These smartphones include xiaomi mi a1 and htc u11 life.
    The owners of these smartphones simply have the choice of using the classic control option or the new panel.
    calma, ainda é a versão Beta, ainda vem uma versão definitiva do android 9 pie, essa versão ainda é a versão de teste, eu mesmo estou irritado com alguns bugs que apareceram depois da atualização mas vou ter que ter paciência até a Nokia liberar a versão estável.
  • Pie beta works just nice and smooth on nokia 8. And dont have any ideas why you still so angry about on screen home button absence???  Capacitive button is still under the screen and it works fine!!! Check out, it is still there. This button didnt fell off the phone after update. At least in Russia. 
    But there are some issues about photo and video recording, animation in some apps. No adaptive battery and brightness level. But all these "bugs" are fixable in relatively short time.
  • I would rather have the december security update! All the events, phones are nice, but safety of phones is obviously less important for Nokia. Pity.
  • اكتب التعليق الخاص بك
  • I too have had my phone repaired through warranty, as a result my IMEI is detected as an "Accessory Kit" rather than a full "Nokia 8", would it be possible for these to also be detected as eligible for Beta Labs in future? 
  • I have registered with the beta program, but I have not seen the update. Does it take time for the update to appear?Please Help.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @user1542651712089 the Nokia 8 isn't an Android One device, but it an Android Enterprise Recommended device. I don't know if this why they don't have to include the gesture based interface (though I agree, it's not necessary since it has capacitative buttons).

@cri347 I agree with you about what HMD's USP for the new Nokia phones should be, but so far (except in China) they don't seem to think that software differentiators are as important as being Pure, Secure and Up to Date.

@user1508987485537, very interesting problem, I suggest you contact support directly about it and that you also post in https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/feedback
  • Mihail Tinchev Mihail Tinchev
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    I found an option which was not available (I think) in Android Oreo on the Nokia 8. Now you can disable the vibration when unlocking the device with fingerprint. I was hoping for such an option and now it is here. If you like, you may access it in Settings>Accessibility>Vibration>Touch Vibration.
    When Touch Vibration is disabled, every vibration feedback of the device disappears except when receiving a call or notification.

PS: Just now, I stumbled upon one more new tweak. You are now able to enter into the battery page just by clicking on the battery icon after swiping down for the quick toggles.
  • And now???
    No request OTA button

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Have you tried refreshing the page? Which browser are you using? I'm on Firefox and it's working fine with tracking protection enabled, privacy Badger and HTTPS everywhere plus a few other add-ons.
  • Adaptative brightness is a concern for android pie beta in Nokia 8.
  • And now???
    No request OTA button

I have same problem here  did you recently changed your mother board?

timddeklerksaid:
    And now???
    No request OTA button

• Battery not charging after update to pie beta  anyone have the issue?
  • This is ridiculous?! How does the NON Android One device have a Beta and we're still waiting with the Sirocco?! Makes a mockery of your "flagship" and the Android One program. 
    The Nokia 8 was the flagship phone long before the sirocco came out... Your logic makes no sense.