Why do I get such an error

Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

Comments

• Why do I get such an error
  • How to update Nokia 8
  • Pechu Pechu
    ✭✭  / 
    Mine is same , my main board was changed under warranty and now imei changed.but in beta labs it's showing old imei which I don't have.my new imei is also validated and no ota request option available.i informed about this bug in beta lab but till now there were no actions were taken. Hope they fix this issue soon or else we need to wait for the final pie update. It's so sad that everyone else is enjoying/testing beta and u cannot because someone  so called techie sitting behind beta lab has no interest in their work what they are doing.
  • dont update, it wont conect to wifi after update properly anymore...
  • Unable to log in to the beta labs through the Support app as it shows error, can't authorise thru the app, which is new as day before yesterday only I logged in through the app and registered myself as a beta user for pie. Today, can't even log in through the browsers as it keeps reverting me back to the log in page even though my Google log in is successful .Contacted customer support & they were unhelpful. After reading some comments off users with replaced motherboard ad I'm one of them, I was curious to see if I would get the same error when clicking on Request the OTA for Pie beta as that option was available to me the day before yesterday but sadly as I'm unable to log in today, I don't know if it works or not .Big disappointment at HMD .
  • Unable to log in to the beta labs through the Support app as it shows error, can't authorise thru the app, which is new as day before yesterday only I logged in through the app and registered myself as a beta user for pie. Today, can't even log in through the browsers as it keeps reverting me back to the log in page even though my Google log in is successful .Contacted customer support & they were unhelpful. After reading some comments off users with replaced motherboard ad I'm one of them, I was curious to see if I would get the same error when clicking on Request the OTA for Pie beta as that option was available to me the day before yesterday but sadly as I'm unable to log in today, I don't know if it works or not .Big disappointment at HMD .

Unable to log in to beta labs through the Support so
  • @naufrago after my phone got repaired back in June of this year(took a whole month for them to fix a simple bend in the phone), they changed the motherboard too with the back frame(don't know why as it was working fine). Still confused why they changed the MB & charged me it's hefty price which I didn't have to pay a full amount bcoz of insurance...phew. but back to the point, since then I've noticed 3 spots of white colour in the lower left of the middle of the screen & which I didn't pay much wttattent to after the whole 1 month fiasco I had to endure with the service centre. But now, reading other people facing the same problem, I'm sure it's some sort of screen burn as soft & hard reset have not rectified it. Also, that ghost app icons thing you mentioned, happens to my phone too but in the upper right corner of the notifications bar where the active apps have their icon. Sometimes it goes away with a restart and sometimes it takes time & fades away slowly but it happens yet it's frequency has diminished .I hope HMD rectifies these problems and take measure of this flagship .
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @user1514200507318 For the error about using google login via the support app, please post about that in the feedback forum: https://community.phones.nokia.com/categories/feedback

If you're having problems signing in in a browser then check your cookie settings. You need to either allow third party cookies or add an exception for google somehow (I don't know how as I don't sign in with google).

• habe ebenfalls das problem mit den austausch Mainboard😶Der support sagt in dem Fall muss Ich bzw alle betroffenen auf das Offizielle Update warten, oder gibt es mittlerweile doch eine Lösung dafür?
  • successfully running in my nokia 8🤗😀
  • 输入你的评论你的WiFi没有问题吗?
  • My Nokia 8 did not get the pie...

me.too,i can't update.
    I have The same, so not everybody can partisipate :)
  • RaveXII RaveXII
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Will we get the new or updated camera app in Full Android 9 Pie
  • @madbilly
    Hi. About the latter part of your answer, I've cleared the cache & the cookies but still nothing. Also, like I mentioned in my comments that 3 days ago I was able to log in through both the app & browser but only yesterday this problem occurred so it's not a problem from my end. 
    I also noticed Nokia 8 running on 8.1.0 haven't received December SP till now. I think it'll be given with the stable build of Pie but by then it'll be too late .
  • beezzzzz beezzzzz
    ✭✭  / 
    When it will released as completed rom?
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    Hello,

i hope this is the right place for my feedback. The installation of the update worked perfectly for me. There are a few things that do not work, or that i cannot find in the settings and there are things i'd like you to improve. So let's start

1) I set the vibration feedback for the keyboard to 10ms and after the update the settings said that it was 1ms but i got an 100ms feedback while typing. Furthermore the vibration feedback of the back and task buttons are stronger (they feel like a double feedback) and there is no option in the settings about how to configure it. Is this setting missing, or did i miss it? Anyway i'd like to adjust the vibration strange.

2) System UI tuner is no longer available through Android 9. Since the functionality is still there, can you please enable it? I'd like to have the headphone and headset icons, that do not show up anymore since android pie. Maybe you can add a shortcut to the ui tuner in the launcher settings. btw thank you for the "do not add new apps to the homescreen" setting. i really miss it on the Oreo build.

3) About the taskmanager, it feels smoother to me to wipe the tasks down instead of up in order to close them.

4) Android does not have a native one hand operation mod, but all custom ROMs have. Can you add something too?

5) Not sure if it's a android problem or if you remove it, but i read about features like wind down, well beeing and an automatic silent mod when the phone is lay down on the display side. Haven't seen those. Is there a reason the features are not available?

6) I had a problems with Bluetooth, Spotify and my BMW. Since the Pie update i had no longer BT connection losses in my car and streaming via BT worked fine. But the App integration in the car does still not work. Can you please check out if it's a problem of the OS or if it's Spotify/BMW related?
  • Dear HMD/Nokia, aren't you going to do OR even say something? People with their devices' motherboard swapped (including me) are complaining that they aren't able to get OTA Pie, presumably due to you NOT doing your job properly to register our new motherboard's IMEI! Mine was changed 3 months back and guess what, the response I got from your support is "its IMEI is not registered yet" and we should just "wait for the stable release". What a joke. Guess this is HMD's way of treating their early adopters & flagship device customers
  • pechu said:
    Mine is same , my main board was changed under warranty and now imei changed.but in beta labs it's showing old imei which I don't have.my new imei is also validated and no ota request option available.i informed about this bug in beta lab but till now there were no actions were taken. Hope they fix this issue soon or else we need to wait for the final pie update. It's so sad that everyone else is enjoying/testing beta and u cannot because someone  so called techie sitting behind beta lab has no interest in their work what they are doing.
    In beta labs it shows your old IMEI simply because we had registered using it before our device's main board got swapped (the webpage has no auto-detect of IMEI, it's just the data we manually keyed-in before). The new IMEI not working is presumably due to the main board SKUs they used to repair our device are not having their IMEI properly registered. Thus this is definitely not a bug, but pure laziness & oversight on HMD side.
  • I do not understand these people who say they focus on new phones, do not they realize? that's what exactly led HTC, Sony, etc. to literally go bankrupt or almost bankrupt, nokia is giving a clear example that it is not a brand that only interests you money, but its users, and that is a great positive point, obviously there are many points to criticize such as the delay in the update to Pie in the Nokia 8 but many see that there are bugs, thank you that Nokia is given the job of updating until its last low range on foot, go and buy a samsung low end and you will see. Regarding the camera is true, need to polish it enough, the issue is that they polish what they already have to take as much as possible and then take phones, not a huawei or a samsung that take out phones and after 6 months leave them lying, be a different brand.
  • is it me, or is the battery draining faster in the Pie update.

Furthermore I noticed some small bluetooth annoyances. E.g. the phone started to buzz non stop when the phone could not connect to the paired smartwatch; furthermore some apps don;t start automatically anymore when paired to a certain bluetooth profile.

Right now I'm considering to downgrade back to 8.1

• After the pie beta update im  facing these issues on my device and all my third party apps stopped working. Even tried a factory reset and  reinstalled the beta update in Safe mode but nothing worked . After  installing updates i get a installation problem notification and update starts again and again . i know there is nothing wrong with my device because after a roll back to Oreo my device performs fast and smooth .
  • Am about to roll back to android 8 ..this android 9 is draining my battery just to much 
  • @madbilly
    Hi. About the latter part of your answer, I've cleared the cache & the cookies but still nothing. Also, like I mentioned in my comments that 3 days ago I was able to log in through both the app & browser but only yesterday this problem occurred so it's not a problem from my end. 
    I also noticed Nokia 8 running on 8.1.0 haven't received December SP till now. I think it'll be given with the stable build of Pie but by then it'll be too late .
    I hope this won't be the stable because it's a battery drainer ..my phone from 100 percent will drain to 65 perecen within an hour 
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    @madbilly
    I hope this won't be the stable because it's a battery drainer ..my phone from 100 percent will drain to 65 perecen within an hour 
    I don't have that issue. Have you tried to recalibrate the battery?
  • I can't get pie update for Nokia 8 plz help me how to do it
    I was unable to update too. But I did it manually using this Nokia 8 Android Pie guide.

If you can download the OTA ZIP, you can execute the following in your dialer app to update:

*#*#874#*#*

Love this update. However, there are some bugs in this build. Hope Nokia will fix this in their final release.

Thanks Nokia for caring your customers. Android Pie is awesome  <3
  • After updating to Android 9 a lot of notifications are not shown in the notification area anymore, even though all permissions are granted...

• I have the beta. Phone is stable, did not freeze (he did on 8.1)
    Glance hasn't change, still no whatWhap notification, not useful, I turn it off.

Google lens is integrated in the camera. Before the update I had to put the language in English to use Google lens. Now, it always works, even when the phone uses Dutch. Great!!!

The google welbeing app isn't available?

Weird thing: the buttons onDer camera (top screen) are all double.

• And no face unlock...
  • Hi.. I updated Android 9 on my Nokia 8. I want to update my camera app from store... It's showing device is not supported... I want to update because camera clearity not good...