Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs - Page 5

No double icosi for me. It works perfectly.

Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

Comments

• C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    I have the beta. Phone is stable, did not freeze (he did on 8.1)
    Glance hasn't change, still no whatWhap notification, not useful, I turn it off.

Google lens is integrated in the camera. Before the update I had to put the language in English to use Google lens. Now, it always works, even when the phone uses Dutch. Great!!!

The google welbeing app isn't available?

Weird thing: the buttons onDer camera (top screen) are all double.

No double icosi for me. It works perfectly.

me.user1528056896051 said:
    And no face unlock...
    Face unlock is available for me. You can find it in the smartlock settings (settings>security>smartlock)
  • neng neng
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Actually Nokia 8 was planned to receive Android 9 Pie by the end of November. Some might think Nokia has not delivered upto its promise, but this could be a marketing move in order to boost sales of the new Nokia 8.1. Or there might be some bugs and issues related to the latest android implementation on Nokia 8 which causes a delay in its official release.
    I would like to say that HMD Global is still far ahead of others in terms of providing regular software updates to its smartphones, and i am sure that all Nokia fans won't be disappointed at all
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    To be honest it makes no sense that AMD would delay the update in order to boost the Nokia 8.1 sales. The 8.1 will be released in Januar, so AFTER the Christmas sales. And i'm sure the update comes before or with the 8.1 release. This is just a crazy conspiracy theory

• user1528056896051 user1528056896051
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    C4rst3n, your face unlock is working? Mm. Mine isn't.

Disabled by administration, it says. But I am the administrator and I didn't disable...

• Jivko Antonov Jivko Antonov
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I don't have such a problem. It is working perfectly.
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    For me it's not disabled and works perfectly. But I don't need it, because you first need to wake your phone and then unlock with a wipe. While the fingerprint wakes and unlocks it at once. More comfortable in my eyes

• misterU misterU
    ✭✭✭  / 
    kos said:
    Hi there! I have an issue on Nokia 8 Android Pie Beta: compass recognizes the North wrong. Tested via GPS Status app. I tried to calibrate it in app but was not succeed. Is it an Android 9 bug or it`s something wrong with my phone?
    I am having this problem too
  • Abdul Kaja Abdul Kaja
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8... Pie Beta Update registered but not yet my mobile? 
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    alberto said:
    kos said:
    Hi there! I have an issue on Nokia 8 Android Pie Beta: compass recognizes the North wrong. Tested via GPS Status app. I tried to calibrate it in app but was not succeed. Is it an Android 9 bug or it`s something wrong with my phone?
    I am having this problem too
    Googlemaps compass worked fine for me (directory where I look to) untill I recalibrated the compass for more accuracy. Now I look in the wrong direction 🙈
  • I have installed Pie Beta yesterday. It runs pretty fine but I have also some issues. Haptic feedback on buttons under the display is stronger than in Oreo. I liked it before. I had hope that Pie would solve the problem with notifications on the locked screen but it did not happen. Still no notification on lock screen in Messages and Messenger apps. Google app is showing only 2-3 same news, after clicking on Next news, it says No cards currently available. In Oreo it worked well. And just like a few people here, I have same problem with recognizing the north on the compass. Where the north is to be, pointing south and opposite. Very strange. As a result, navigation will not work properly. It is a big drawback.
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    I agree with the haptic feedback. But the notification work for me. Are you sure your privacy settings are correct? For example there are a few conversations I blocked from the lockscreen, but this can be done in general for all SMS notifications too. So maybe this solves your problem
  • Notifications are there but when I got a message, it only makes a sound, but it does not "jump" to the lock screen itself. When I manually wake up screen, the notifications about messages are there. For example, there is no problem with the Viber app and I have all the notifications enabled on the lock screen. Only a few apps like Messages, Messenger, Reminders, not wake up lock screen automatically. 
  • I hate this adaptive brightness in Pie. In Oreo auto brightness worked really well and now I have to change it manually almost all the time when I'm in home because it's setting brightness too low and can't see anything.
  • I think that brightness at all on Nokia 8 is not working well. When I come in to bright room or when outdoors I pick the phone out of my pocket, it sometimes takes about 5 seconds to increase the brightness level. Also, in the room with a slightly lower light, the display brightness will drop to a minimum but should be only reduced. I had an iPhone before and there that worked perfectly.
  • wenwen9119 wenwen9119
    ✭✭  / 
    多会儿推送诺基亚8的正式版啊?
  • dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 
    多会儿推送诺基亚8的正式版啊?
    English please. It's international community. 
  • Gydo Gydo
     / 
    Have installed the Pie update this night, for now it seems working fine. Althought im still finding out which extra's you will have with the Pie update. As serveral things looks different ofcourse. But im wondering which functie really are different and better.

Like other people mentioned, the camera app is giving double icon's, face app is working fine. Only thing im missing or should get used to it, is the volume options. Normally you could change the volume of media with the 'volumebutton' and swipe it up or down. Now you use the volume button and need to go to the settings menu to change it. Some extra handling, maybe this will be fixed soon again or i'll just get used to it.
  • dray78 dray78
    ✭✭✭  / 
    In Google maps and Waze the North is where it should be. If i use an compass app it's not good. Seems to me that the compass apps are way of. 

If there is an incoming message i only hear a sound but my screens doesn't light up. In oreo i had the same and all my settings are ok. 
  • Jimmmy Jimmmy
     /  edited December 2018
    I agree with dray78. I had app named GPS Status for more accurate GPS positioning. Once I uninstalled app, run Google Maps and the North is really where it should be. It may be that GPS apps cause this bug. Thanks for the tip. Yeah, Messenger/Messages/Reminders notifications not woke up lock screen automatically. I downloaded app named Glimpse Notifications and now it is working on all apps. 
  • lukemanc lukemanc
    ✭✭  / 
    Very disappointed. On top what has been mentioned, I have issues with notifications (receiving push notifications with a delay ranging from few minutes to one day!) - apps like FotMob, Amazon Flex, Beelivery are now useless as they are based on push notifications. Also Bluetooth pairing with my smart watches stopped working, not sure if that's beta release issue. Very, very disappointed.
  • ThePocetnik ThePocetnik
     /  edited December 2018
    I've got mail:
    "Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8. Thanks to your valuable feedback, the official release will soon be ready and available to millions of users.

If you wish, you can roll back to Android Oreo™ to get the official Android 9 Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Android 9 Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Android 9 Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release".

I'm hoping that this bold statement is not true, because with pie many excpected better camera, face unlock and better glance screen and beta doesn't have any of that.
  • stipe1906 stipe1906
    ✭✭✭  / 
    matteo.m said:

Hi guys,

Thank you for your patience. Truly.

To ensure that you don’t have to wait anymore to get Pie on your Nokia 8, we decided to make it a Beta labs release first. 

Please join us, see the link below, to help us finalize the commercial release.

Link to Beta labs: Head over here to get started!
    @matteo.m
    Hi Matteo, so the update on Nokia Beta Labs site says this:
    Update 18th December 2018: Thanks for your feedback on Android™ 9 Pie on the Nokia 8 - we are now finishing off the final touches to the official market release, so we won’t be offering this beta build any more. If you wish, you can roll back to Oreo™ to get the official Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release.

Can we get some clarification regarding the parts of rolling back to Oreo:

• Will Beta Labs members get Pie when it's released (that was the case in previous Beta Labs)?
    • What does it mean that the only difference is the Feedback App? Won't the official Pie release have bug fixes for bugs found in Beta, Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery, the new camera app for Pie, etc.? 

• stipe1906 stipe1906
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @matteo.m
    For some reason, my previous comment disappeared, so I will ask again if you could clarify:
    • Will Beta Labs member receive stable Android Pie when it is released (so was the case in previous Beta Labs)
    • What does it mean the only change is the Feedback app? Where bugs found in Beta fixed, will Digital Wellbeing, Adaptive Battery and other Pie features be with the official release? 
    From Nokia site:
    Update 18th December 2018: Thanks for your feedback on Android™ 9 Pie on the Nokia 8 - we are now finishing off the final touches to the official market release, so we won’t be offering this beta build any more. If you wish, you can roll back to Oreo™ to get the official Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release.
  • C4rst3n C4rst3n
    ✭✭  / 
    I wonder if even any official Nokia employee read this forum, or if they only listen to the feedback app
  • lukemanc said:
    Very disappointed. On top what has been mentioned, I have issues with notifications (receiving push notifications with a delay ranging from few minutes to one day!) - apps like FotMob, Amazon Flex, Beelivery are now useless as they are based on push notifications. Also Bluetooth pairing with my smart watches stopped working, not sure if that's beta release issue. Very, very disappointed.
    I had the same problem. To be precise, sometimes notifications would not appear at all until I fired up the corresponding application. The problem was most felt in messaging apps (Viber, WhatsApp,etc).

Problem was fixed by going to Settings -> Battery-> Battery Manager -> Background Activity Manager and checking all the apps that you need notifications from.
  • lukemanc lukemanc
    ✭✭  / 
    lukemanc said:
    I had the same problem. To be precise, sometimes notifications would not appear at all until I fired up the corresponding application. The problem was most felt in messaging apps (Viber, WhatsApp,etc).

Problem was fixed by going to Settings -> Battery-> Battery Manager -> Background Activity Manager and checking all the apps that you need notifications from.
    I couldn't fix the issue, all apps are unrestricted, also switched battery manager off, nothing helps.
  • I rolled back to Oreo via beta labs OTA however, it can't be updated to December security patch. Why could it be?
  • Jugurtha Jugurtha
    ✭✭  / 
    terte said:
    Where IS Google security patch for december 2018 Android Oreo 8.1

You're outside the subject. We are talking about Android 9 Pie