Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs - Page 6

I suggest contacting support directly.

Nokia 8 - Android 9 Pie now available through Beta Labs

Comments

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    I rolled back to Oreo via beta labs OTA however, it can't be updated to December security patch. Why could it be?
    I suggest contacting support directly.

• TalhaT TalhaT
    ✭✭  / 
    I joined the beta. But it's downgrading instead of upgrading....
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    Beta has finished. If you recently went to the page and pressed the button then you requested a downgrade, not an upgrade. Sometimes it's important to make sure we properly understand what's written before clicking on the button.
  • swami swami
    ✭✭  / 
    Nokia 8 updated pie in India
  • Imei is already used ,.. what to do for nokia 8 pie update ?????
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    If you mean the non-beta, full release Android 9 pie thing, then I think you don't need to worry, you will just get it when it's ready, you don't need to register your IMEI online for that.
  • madbilly madbilly
    Super User  / 
    @Kyle Lee you mean in Chrome? Personally I use Firefox and don't have any problems.
  • Hey! I'm so disappointed with Nokia, bought nokia 8 cause it was (at time) so nicely balanced hardware with a promise of quick updates. Still waiting. What's wrong ? Lack of OTAs changes since December?
  • > @Audioboxer said:
    > cri347 said:
    >
    >
    > This beta is look like a hybrid between Android 8.1 and 9 Pie.
    > -The battery manager is the same of Oreo, so no adaptive battery and new optimization;
    > -The launcher is based on the latest AOSP launcher, but there isn't the support for app actions. In addition to this, most used app in drawer now is missing;
    > -The camera is the same present in Oreo, the only change is Google Lens shortcut;
    > -The Glance screen is the old one without the support for all apps;
    > -There isn't the support for Digital Wellbeing, the placeholder in the settings is missing, this means that even if we install it through the APK, we can't use it.
    >
    > And these are just the things you notice at first sight. I think it's totally useless to report feedback via the app. It's a build so far from what should be the definitive that there would be too much to report and I think the development team is aware of it.
    >
    > I hope that the internal builds on which they are at work are completely different from this released just to calm the minds. Otherwise we would have to wait a long time to see a stable build.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > The rumour about them holding back/not caring until next year because the focus is on the Nokia 8.1/9 really seems to be true.
    >
    > This looks like damage control to say "But you can get Pie today!". You can barely call this Pie with soo much missing and for a phone with vanilla Android this is very poor progress for release in mid-December.
    >
    > I don't know what it is about the Nokia 8, and the Sirocco, but HMD seem to absolutely hate them. Which is ironic considering at release both were far more expensive handsets than all the mid-range/low-range handsets HMD release. It's not entitlement for anyone who paid up at launch to expect better support, irrespective of how much you can now buy each handset for.
    >
    > At this stage buying a Nokia 9 which will probably be their most expensive handset at launch yet seems utterly "pointless". Your software support will be terrible if this is how the 8/Sirocco are treated, and it has nothing to do with project treble, considering the Sirocco is a project treble enabled device.
    >
    > Speaking of internal builds, while I won't link to them, the Nokia 8 internal pie builds from the end of November are pretty much identical to what was released on Beta labs today.

TOTALLY agree! Nokia 8 updates are a mess, this will be probably my last phone from this company. HMD is just a shadow of NOKIA
  • manu cm manu cm
    ✭✭  / 

How can nokia 8 android 9 downgrade android 8.1 please reply

• madbilly madbilly
    Super User  /