Motorola Forum v/s Nokia Forum

I was an active member of motorola forum for 5 years.

Motorola Forum v/s Nokia Forum

shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
✭✭✭  / 
I was an active member of motorola forum for 5 years. I participated in three soak tests Moto E(1st gen) for 5.0 / 5.1 lollipop, Moto X Play 6.0 Marshmallow and 7.1 Nougat.

One thing Nokia can surely learn from Motorola is reply or give inputs to user queries. There were few moderators of the moto forums who were also close to motorola employees though they were not moto employees. These user mode4ators used to reply. It was also user forum but there were few of yhese senior moderator users who used to reply on forums.

On Nokia forums its just one way traffic. I am now a proud owner of wonderful Nokia 7 Plus which is facing battery drainage due to iuicevsucking by Google Play services after pie update. I have started a seperate thread for this.

Hope somebody from Nokia listening...

Comments

• sheppards1984 sheppards1984
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still, this is a community forum unfortunately. No real HMD/nokia oversight really. They sometimes broadcast news/other stuff, but doesn't seem like the intention was to interact with users, rather create a platform for users to help eachother (of course bugs/general issues most likely can't be solved by the end user)
  • shriram fowkar shriram fowkar
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still, this is a community forum unfortunately. No real HMD/nokia oversight really. They sometimes broadcast news/other stuff, but doesn't seem like the intention was to interact with users, rather create a platform for users to help eachother (of course bugs/general issues most likely can't be solved by the end user)
    Correct. That's where nokia's input in accepting that so and so thing is a bug and will be passed on to the developers should have been helpgul to all users and there wont be a thread on it further.
  • nsakq v30 nsakq v30
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    It's our fault we choice Nokia because of our emotions. Once upon a time Nokia sunk because they avoid customer feedback. Same things repeat again.. without a happy happy customer there is no blue ocean
  • I face the same on my Nokia 7.1. I am still waiting for new patch to resolve it, though I believe it takes longer time to do it. At the moment, I tried installing avast battery saver app to control background processes, it works somehow. Hope google play services activities can be restrained some days. 
  • My situation... 
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Some users of the forum were promoted to moderators actually. You particularly need to answer all questions and givr solutions. I guess @madbilly and 5 others (if my memory is correct) were given some kind of moderators badge or post in the old forums. I don't know if they still hold that position in the new forum.
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Each forums have their own activity level and buzz in it. My friend showed me One Plus forums and the threads were so much that no one could read them. Even though they have very limited phone models as compared to Nokia.
    The buzz in the hive changes from colony to colony and from place to place.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @navs no I'm not a moderator :)
  • navs navs
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    My bad. Sorry for the mention!
    @madbilly but did you receive some kind of special mention earlier? I remember seeing one of Laura's old post. I thought I saw your name on top. Not sure. But that was in the old forums. A post with honor mentions of people who were active in answering all questions and been active all the time.
    Anyway but some kind we do have such moderators who are not part of Nokia as of what I have seen in the old forums. No idea about the new forums if we still have such system in place.
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @navs yes that was in the old forums, now we're all equal again at last :)

I know that HMD were thinking about asking community members to be moderators but I don't know if any got appointed yet. If you look back in the forum activity log you will see that some people were appointed as moderators, but I don't know if they are HMD staff or not.
  • rajni rajni
     /  edited December 2018
    Let's have faith in this community it'll grow overtime