Solution to cast screen without Chromecast

Credit :

Solution to cast screen without Chromecast

AniketThakur AniketThakur
✭✭✭✭  / 
Credit : Nokia poweruser video

Make sure you have a TV which supports Miracast
And the developer option is unlocked (it works only with android 9 with November patch and afterwards)
Now
1. Enable wireless display certification
2. Touch and hold cast on notification panel and it will open cast screen settings and option will appear

Comments

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Sounds interesting ..will try ...Hope will work with DLNA & works as Mirroring.
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks for sharing this on the community forum. 
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    Yeah it works as mirroring
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Will try it...thanks for the solution @aniket thakur
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  / 

And the developer option is unlocked (it works only with android 9 with November patch and afterwards)
    Now
    2. Touch and hold cast on notification panel and it will open cast screen settings and option will appear

Well, if you are successful in using the extend wifi deature then it would be awesome...can you try that? I have tried it a lot but doesnt work...maybe a broken feature still...didnt work in Oreo also😢😢
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:

Now

Well, if you are successful in using the extend wifi deature then it would be awesome...can you try that? I have tried it a lot but doesnt work...maybe a broken feature still...didnt work in Oreo also😢😢
    Extended WiFi feature? Please explain 
  • prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    The extend wifi coverage feature...using hotspot...just below the wireless display certification option...

• prasad134 prasad134
    ✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Also ....on my Nokia 7+...when i turn on the wireless display certification...the devices arent shown...i tried connecting to my laptop...but no device is shown 

• wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    Thanks... Yes working but no luck for Android oreo... Still. 😞
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:
    Also ....on my Nokia 7+...when i turn on the wireless display certification...the devices arent shown...i tried connecting to my laptop...but no device is shown 

Have both devices on same wifi. . Or need DLNA..  If its Windows 10 it already has screen sharing option built in.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    wyk said:
    wyk said:
    Thanks... Yes working but no luck for Android oreo... Still. 😞
    Yes, it doesn't work on Oreo , atleast now we can cast screen without chrome cast 😀
  • prasad134 said:

You have to open Connect app in Windows 10 then the laptop will be shown. There is no need that both devices should be on the same wifi but the must be connected to a wifi. If the laptop is not connected, it forms a hotspot-wifi connection, I guess.
  • JD1999 JD1999
    ✭✭✭  / 
    You don't need any developer option to use screen mirroring.
    If you wan't it just follow the steps.

1) Long Press on Cast option(From Quick Settings Panel) make sure WIFI is ON(Don't close that app that is open by it).
    2) Then Press Cast option (In Quick Settings Panel) Let it search for sec.
    3) Then after few sec You will see that the app opened in first step that is running behind and there will be your TV or PC name displayed tap on it to connect device.

Tested on Nokia 7 plus & old Pansonic TV that dosen't support Chromecast. 
    Don't Disagree without using it properly.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    JD1999 said:

1) Long Press on Cast option(From Quick Settings Panel) make sure WIFI is ON(Don't close that app that is open by it).
    3) Then after few sec You will see that the app opened in first step that is running behind and there will be your TV or PC name displayed tap on it to connect device.

This method also works. Thanks for sharing but I was unable to do this when my device was on Oreo.
  • JD1999 said:

This method also works. Thanks for sharing but I was unable to do this when my device was on Oreo.
    I Assume that this was added in November update or probably December update then.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    JD1999 said:

I Assume that this was added in November update or probably December update then.
    Yes, your assumption is correct
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    @aniket thakur and @JD1999 Thanks for sharing these methods :)
  • Sasitha Thathsara Sasitha Thathsara
    ✭✭  / 
    prasad134 said:

You have to open Connect app in Windows 10 then the laptop will be shown. There is no need that both devices should be on the same wifi but the must be connected to a wifi. If the laptop is not connected, it forms a hotspot-wifi connection, I guess.
    I tried this but not working 😩
  • prasad134 said:

Works perfectly fine for me. Make sure your PC and the phone are on the same wifi or if there is no wifi, turn on wifi on your phone and don't connect to any network. When you open connect app in your PC, it forms a wifi hotspot and then the PC will be shown as a wireless display in cast settings of the phone. Your PC must have wifi hotspot support in order for this to work.

• posix posix
     / 
    prasad134 said:

Your device doesn't support wireless display, so maybe only some 3rd party may help you.
  • prasad134 said:

Works perfectly fine for me. Make sure your PC and the phone are on the same wifi or if there is no wifi, turn on wifi on your phone and don't connect to any network. When you open connect app in your PC, it forms a wifi hotspot and then the PC will be shown as a wireless display in cast settings of the phone. Your PC must have wifi hotspot support in order for this to work.