Stuck on download mode after security update - Page 2

December patch update issue - Received on 28th December 2018, On "Restart Now" click after five minutes - it displayed a message "Your data is corrupted" on boot menu it gave two options, "Retry" and "Factory Reset (All your personal data will be erased)" I opted for "Retry" option which has thrown a problem -  it has gone in a "Screen of Death - Download Mode " - situation, Screen is Stuck on start up Android 1 screen, Tried everything to solve it nothing will work.

Stuck on download mode after security update

Comments

• December patch update issue - Received on 28th December 2018, On "Restart Now" click after five minutes - it displayed a message "Your data is corrupted" on boot menu it gave two options, "Retry" and "Factory Reset (All your personal data will be erased)"

I opted for "Retry" option which has thrown a problem -  it has gone in a "Screen of Death - Download Mode " - situation, Screen is Stuck on start up Android 1 screen, Tried everything to solve it nothing will work.

I you face this issue I suggest you opt for "Factory Reset" option that will save your phone from unnecessary surgery in service center, They are trying to fix my nokia 6.1 plus by disassembling my phone because softwares are unable to fix it.
  • My device is having same problem ,after update it says Download Mode I did everything possible ,even restarted it by above methods ,erased all data ,but then too it restarted several times in Download Mode only ,Worst service by Nokia 

• nelson3340 nelson3340
    ✭✭  / 
    I can’t open my phone nokia 7.1 it is in download mode please help. i can't even turn off
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    I can’t open my phone nokia 7.1 it is in download mode please help. i can't even turn off
    Have you tried the aforementioned slot-change method? It should help in recovering the device, if it happened after a software update.
    If the reason for it something else, then you might have to visit a Nokia Care center.
  • Soundman Soundman
     / 
    Hi! I have the same problem with my Nokia 7. Probably its updated and after I charged the phone its on with White screen, Androidone logo and Download mode up in left corner and I cant do anything...
    How to restart it?
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Soundman said:
    Hi! I have the same problem with my Nokia 7. Probably its updated and after I charged the phone its on with White screen, Androidone logo and Download mode up in left corner and I cant do anything...
    How to restart it?
    Depending on if it just got into the download mode and reboot will help, you can force reboot the device by pressing and holding the following keys:
    Volume Up & Power for 15 seconds.

If the device still goes into download mode, then you should consider changing the slots and see if that helps.
  • apolo apolo
    ✭✭  / 
    Managed to recover phone, but lost all my data. :/
    Fastboot the following commands to phone :
    fastboot --set-active
    fastboot reboot 
    or 
    fastboot reboot recovery
    try it and see if you can recover without deleting user data.

Hi guys. This worked for me, but i had to figure out how to make it work. The trick is to manage to install the phone as and adb device, so the standard USB drivers will not do the job. Once you have installed the phone as an adb device all you have to do is perform a fastboot reboot  and that's all. In my case i did lost all the information but i managed to save the phone.

Shame on you Nokia....
  • GYCjr04 GYCjr04
     /  edited February 5
    !!!Nokia 6.1 Plus stuck in download mode!!!
    my phone is now working thank you for those tutorial above :)
    the only problem was all my data have been wipe out..
    here how i did it..
    Credits to the owners of the link :)
    1. If your PC was unable to detect your phone here the solution :)
    https://downloadmirror.co/W9y/OST_tool.zip (link own by: Audioboxer87)
    extract the file and after that run the "launcher.exe" as admin to install.
    once the drivers have been installed unplug your device then re plug it again..you can check in device manager of your PC that no unknown device have been connected..
    2. Next is download this file
    https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip (link own by: Audioboxer87)
    Extract the file then open the folder where the file have been extracted and hold "shift + right click of your mouse" then click "Open PowerShell windows here" 
    type this command:
    "./fastboot --set-active" 
    "./fastboot reboot"
    then follow the instruction to reset your devise :)
    hope it works on you guys cheers NOKIA fan:)
    https://old.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/a5i0au/androidone_download_mode_stuck/
  • abhi78570 abhi78570
    ✭✭  / 
    hai guys, My NOkia 7.1 got system update ,then i tapped it ,it went to white screen showing download mode up ,i have tried to solve it with volume up and power key ,though its useless. How to intall my phone as Adb device ?Can you please help me
  • abhi78570 abhi78570
    ✭✭  / 
    > @apolo said:
    > user1544775236966 said:
    >
    >
    > Managed to recover phone, but lost all my data. :/
    > Fastboot the following commands to phone :
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    > fastboot reboot recovery
    > try it and see if you can recover without deleting user data.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi guys. This worked for me, but i had to figure out how to make it work. The trick is to manage to install the phone as and adb device, so the standard USB drivers will not do the job. Once you have installed the phone as an adb device all you have to do is perform a fastboot reboot  and that's all. In my case i did lost all the information but i managed to save the phone.
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

How did you do it , i could not able to do it , can you please explain me to resolve it .
  • abhi78570 abhi78570
    ✭✭  / 
    > @apolo said:
    >
    >
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hi guys. This worked for me, but i had to figure out how to make it work. The trick is to manage to install the phone as and adb device, so the standard USB drivers will not do the job. Once you have installed the phone as an adb device all you have to do is perform a fastboot reboot  and that's all. In my case i did lost all the information but i managed to save the phone.
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

hallo,how to get drivers to solve the download mode issue?I connceted my Nokia 7.1 to PC ,in computer management ,the connection of andriod requires drivers.So can you please tell me how to get this drivers ?
    Thank you in advance
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    abhi78570 said:
    > @apolo said:
    >
    >
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

hallo,how to get drivers to solve the download mode issue?I connceted my Nokia 7.1 to PC ,in computer management ,the connection of andriod requires drivers.So can you please tell me how to get this drivers ?
    Thank you in advance
    If you connect your phone to PC, you should see a partition in File Explorer (of PC), named CD ROM. The driver is present there just open it and install the driver. Then try performing a fastboot reboot using adb.
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭  / 
    abhi78570 said:
    > @apolo said:
    >
    >
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

Thank you in advance
    If you connect your phone to PC, you should see a partition in File Explorer (of PC), named CD ROM. The driver is present there just open it and install the driver. Then try performing a fastboot reboot using adb.
    nothing happens when i ran the setup.exe
    ✭✭✭  /  edited February 28
    abhi78570 said:
    > @apolo said:
    >
    >
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

Thank you in advance
    Running the setup should install the driver, although it doesn't display. Can you check in the "Uninstall a program" tab in Control Panel, whether there is a program with title ' Phone Nokia USB Driver'?
    I tried uninstalling and re installing the driver, after you said this. It installed the driver eventhough it didn't give me any status. Just run Setup as an administrator.
    ✭✭✭  / 
    abhi78570 said:
    > @apolo said:
    >
    >
    > fastboot --set-active
    > fastboot reboot 
    > or 
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Shame on you Nokia....

Thank you in advance
    Running the setup should install the driver, although it doesn't display. Can you check in the "Uninstall Program" list in Control Panel, whether there program with title 'Phone Nokia USB Driver'. 
  • apolo said:
    fastboot --set-active
    fastboot reboot 
    or 
    fastboot reboot recovery

Hi guys. This worked for me, but i had to figure out how to make it work. The trick is to manage to install the phone as and adb device, so the standard USB drivers will not do the job. Once you have installed the phone as an adb device all you have to do is perform a fastboot reboot  and that's all. In my case i did lost all the information but i managed to save the phone.

Shame on you Nokia....
    Can You Provide the Solution Step by Step?
  • apolo apolo
    ✭✭  / 
    apolo said:
    fastboot --set-active
    fastboot reboot 
    or 
    fastboot reboot recovery

Shame on you Nokia....
    Hi guys, sorryI didn't answer your questions. 

To solve this problem:
    1) Unisnstall any Android phone driver on your computer (Samsung, Nokia, HTC, LG, Huawei, etc.) 
    2) Download and install the Nokia Drivers for your phone from Nokia's web.
    3) Connect your phone. Try to use a GOOD usb cable. In some cases using a low quality cable can interfere with the process. 
    3) In your computer check the device manager and see if your phone is being recognized as a Fastboot decide, if not, you'll have to check over ther Internet for the process to accomplish this step. It is VERY, VERY, VEEEEEERY important that your computer recognizes the phone as a Fastboot device.
    4) Install ADB in your computer.
    5) Run the ADB commands commented above in this post.

Hope this help. 

As this site is not sending any notification when someone quotes my previous message please write me on Twitter: @ervzla if you need any information. ai am not a technician i just figured out how to bring my phone back yo life.

Have a great day guys. 
  • GYCjr04 GYCjr04
     / 
    !!!Nokia 6.1 Plus stuck in download mode!!!
    my phone is now working thank you for those tutorial above :)
    the only problem was all my data have been wipe up..
    here how i did it..
    Credits to the owners of the link :)
    1. If your PC was unable to detect your phone here the solution :)
    https://downloadmirror.co/W9y/OST_tool.zip (link own by: Audioboxer87)
    extract the file and after that run the "launcher.exe" as admin to install.
    once the drivers have been installed unplug your device then re plug it again..you can check in device manager of your PC that no unknown device have been connected..
    2. Next is download this file
    https://dl.google.com/android/repository/platform-tools-latest-windows.zip (link own by: Audioboxer87)
    Extract the file then open the folder where the file have been extracted and hold "shift + right click of your mouse" then click "Open PowerShell windows here" 
    type this command:
    "./fastboot --set-active" 
    "./fastboot reboot"
    then follow the instruction to reset your devise :)
    hope it works on you guys cheers NOKIA fan:)
2Next