Stuck on download mode after security update - Page 3

hi i have the same problem the phone start and it's write"powered by android go édition" and write download mode in small at the left of the phone …

Stuck on download mode after security update

Comments

• guillaume22222 guillaume22222
     / 
    hi i have the same problem the phone start and it's write"powered by android go édition" and write download mode in small at the left of the phone follow a security alert maj
     / 
    nokia 2.1 android 9.0
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hello, please try to do a reboot manually by installing adb and drivers.
    Then issue the following command:

fastboot reboot 

/ 
    Thanks with cmd-here.exe?
  • AniketThakur AniketThakur
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Thanks with cmd-here.exe?
    U can use CMD or power shell
     / 
    thank you to interessed to me but its follow an ota that arrived and its enervous
     / 
    i dont understand everything with android
     / 
    it was easiesst 6 years ago with samsung odin and cyanogene...
    can you save me plz?
     / 
    And more my phone is not root....
     / 
    what i must to type in this command concretly?
     / 
    Sorry im french and my phone have 2 weeks im really enervous....
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi @guillaume22222 please send me a private mesaage. I will try to help you out :(
     / 
    oki singhnsk its cool
     / 
    singhnsk how can we have a private message please?
     / 
    :)
     / 
    hi singhnsk
    :)
     / 
    can you help me step by step plz
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @guillaume22222 Click on his name or profile picture, it'll open his profile page, in there you can see the message option. With that you can send him private message.
  • Hi all,

Same problem for me with a 7.1 device, Security update, then restart my nokia and it stuck in download mode. I have tried all the explication above, i can accès to the recovery mode but the situation still the same, my nokia reboot a lot of time before stay stuck in Download mode...

Don't understand how nokia could deploy an update that bad..

Thanks for all that have tried to help us, i think i can return it to my seller...
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited May 3
    Hi @Valentin_FR . Which device do you have? If you PM me, I can probably offer some help via TeamViewer. I'll do what Nokia support should be doing, but nevermind :)

• Hi, Singhnsk.

I got a Nokia 7.1, not possible for me to do anything (or use) with teamviewer but thanks for your offer.
  • singhnsk singhnsk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi, Singhnsk.

I got a Nokia 7.1, not possible for me to do anything (or use) with teamviewer but thanks for your offer.
    Hi, in that case only Nokia support can help you out. You can reach out to them or probably send in your device for repair via mail.
  • Hi,

juste to give you a status about my Nokia, my reseller has send it to nokia care because they failled to push a new OS/Firmware into it.

Just have to wait, hope that didn't take to much time.

• Peti Leno Peti Leno
     / 
    Hi All! I have a Nokia 7 Plus, and yesterday i'll take my phone the car holder. Maybe it push the side buttons, and my device start download mode.
    Now i can't leave this Download mode. When i push the power button, the telephone restarting, but automaticly run Download mode. I'll tried all button combination and the result is the same. I hope my app's and files not disappeared.
    Pls Help!
    Peter
  • snhashmi snhashmi
     / 
    prereq: you need to know how to setup/use adb/fastboot

(after reading all the previous responses, and a few other reddit threads):

So, adb/fastboot cant talk to nokia phones with the regular google usb driver.

Yall have to find the nokia usb driver, (its listed on one of the reddit posts that i am not able to recall its called OST_tool.zip)

Once you have the nokia driver installed, you can use user1544775236966's response:

fastboot reboot recovery

to get into recovery and have to do a factory data reset.

ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!!!.

But phone will work.

I am not sure if there is a way to preserve the data, if you know of any way to do it, let us know.

Thanks
  • ralfis ralfis
     / 
    I did everything so far,the driver ,the platform tools,my Nokia 6.1 is in Fastboot,but if i write --set active it says device does not support slots . What did i do wrong in this case ?

Regards Ralf
  • mohan reddy mohan reddy
    ✭✭✭  / 
    @ralfis You tried all of them with the wrong device. Probably, Nokia 6.1 doesn't support Project Treble, which means there are no "slot a" and "slot b". So, you can't change slot to recover your phone.

You can try to flash the Official ROM using adb but I don't know whether it works or not. Please contact service center, that would be better, I think.

Please, don't use the methods meant for a particular phone with others unless you are sure that both of them are same under the hood. The solutions for app specific issues like not receiving OTPs, that would work irrespective of phones but the ROM flashing, updates and other adb related things must be phone specific, if used on incorrect device they can cause serious damages.
  • ralfis ralfis
     / 
    Thank you Mohan, i try the customer service,hope there is a productive outcome
  • Help me to get out of download mode 
  • Angelojelo Angelojelo
     /  edited May 23
    Guys i signed up just because i wanted to say THANKS to all for the help! My Nokia 6 (2018) has successfully performed factory reset after following your guides.
    Thanks again to the main answers as well as all the people who took the time to add extra clarifying details..
    Wish you all the best.. Am out.. Peace!