Nokia 8.1 launch : Meet and greet with the community!

Hi everyone, Juho here!   It was a pleasure to get to know part of the Nokia phones community in Dubai last week. Meeting some of our awesome fanbase gave me, and the rest of the guys at HMD Global, some invaluable insight.

Nokia 8.1 launch : Meet and greet with the community!

juho juho
Staff member  /  edited January 10

Hi everyone,

Juho here! 

It was a pleasure to get to know part of the Nokia phones community in Dubai last week. Meeting some of our awesome fanbase gave me, and the rest of the guys at HMD Global, some invaluable insight.

Hearing your ideas, discussing our brand philosophy, and going through our products lineup was something truly special. I left the meeting energised and ready to tackle HMD's next challenges. 

Thanks for your support, and until next time!

Juho

Comments

• Rama Moorthy Rama Moorthy
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Hallo sir I'm big  fan Nokia android platform very fast software updates very nice,I love Nokia 👍
  •  :*  :*
  • Sir Nokia5 inupdate android 9.1 please sir😀🙂🙂
  • Great video! It sure does look like you all had a great time at the event! Can't wait for the events in 2019 ;)
  • That's wonderful! This is a good way for both fans and the Nokia team to interact face to face while exchanging ideas and opinions. 
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hey @juho! It was great to meet you, thanks for taking the time to meet and chat with all of us.

For everyone's info I've posted a couple of summaries of the meet and greet with Juho elsewhere in the forums covering general things and specifically on software.

I'll follow up with a couple more summaries on the camera topic and also on what we all talked about the next day during the focus group discussion with the marketing team from HMD's Dubai office.

Cheers :)
  • nitheesh nitheesh
    ✭✭  / 
    Hi @juho 🙋🏻‍♂️ it's a great memorable event in my life. Thanks to given the opportunity and spending your valuable time with us to chat.
  • nitin kachare nitin kachare
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Nice to see with Nokia Fans.I like Nokia's Logo i.e.Pure Android,Secure and Up To Date.I like it's aluminum frames, durability,Clean and Smooth User Interface.I have Nokia 6.1 and proudly said It's my best android phone ever in my life. I like it's Aluminum 8000 Series Block which is unique from rest of the manufacturer.Its built like a tank and build quality amazing.Right Now Nokia 8.1 Looking attractive as well as Best Camera with HDR10 Display and powerful processor.Amazing...
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Everything is amazing  . . . But no basic protection 😆...so the display gonna be scratch magnet. 👷‍♀️
  • The minute i un-boxed my Nokia 8.1, felt nostalgic. 

Like seeing something close to you in its best form <3

Nokia tune is ❤
  • Loahers Loahers
     / 
    Nice and great phone also
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited January 5
    @juho Sir Can I expect Camera Update.Nokia 8.1 is very good in night both front and rear.Specially Rear Camera is excellent in day and night.But Front Camera is over exposed or background gets white lot of time in daylight.Sometimes Details loss in front camera like beard,hair,eyebrows,etc.when distance of person is little far from front camera.Its happenes when scene detection is on and hdr mode is auto.I am expecting nokia team give camera update for that Issue.
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Most Durable Phone 2018 Glass Design i.e.Nokia 8.1💪 also Nokia 7Plus and Nokia 6.1 Check it.
  • neng neng
     / 
    @wyk,
    Nokia 8.1 does have a glass protection but not from Gorilla, actually it's an NEC made though.
    FYI, it's a Japanese competitor to Gorilla Glass.
  • wyk wyk
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    neng said:
    @wyk,
    Nokia 8.1 does have a glass protection but not from Gorilla, actually it's an NEC made though.
    FYI, it's a Japanese competitor to Gorilla Glass.

I think nokia itself is confused 😂
    ✭✭✭✭  / 

look at Amazing Photo Captured On Nokia 8.1
  • neng neng
     / 
    Wow that's so beautifully captured @nitin kachare, the exposure and color reproduction is really good while the blur effect is nice as well  :)
  • madbilly madbilly
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Hi everyone,

I've written up another "What I learnt in Dubai" post on Cameras! https://community.phones.nokia.com/discussion/40420/what-i-learnt-in-dubai-cameras/p1

And here are my pics and vids from the event: https://photos.app.goo.gl/CTS4z5DvpGihzVTd6

Cheers :smiley:

• todesurteil todesurteil
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Cool thread and photo's @madbilly