Bug in Developer options

Developer options in Nokia 6 are broken, they tend to change back to default values as soon as you exit the developer.

Bug in Developer options

dextr dextr
 /  edited February 25
Developer options in Nokia 6 are broken, they tend to change back to default values as soon as you exit the developer. I have been facing this problem with almost all of the developer options mostly from the networking tab. I hope this issue is resolved ASAP.

Comments

• Muser Muser
     / 

By exit developer do you mean exit the settings page or disable developer mode? If it's the latter, I believe that's intentional as my other Android devices did the same thing.

• dextr dextr
     / 
    Haha very funny, it's the former, now, do you have the answer? don't try to act smart this is a community forum!
  • Muser Muser
     /  edited February 25

Wasn't being funny, it was a sincere question. :)

Anyway, I'm not able to replicate this issue after toggling various developer settings on my TA-1025 running Oreo on the February security update. Is that what you're running as well? If so, can you post which settings need to be toggled for this to occur most frequently on your device?

• dextr dextr
     / 
    I am running android 8.0 february security patch on TA-1021. Most of the new developer options under the 'Networking' tab: 'Enable in band ringing' ' bluetooth audio codec' 'bluetooth audio sample rate' 'bluetooth audio bits per sample' 'bluetooth audio channel mode' 'bluetooth audio LDAC codec:playback quality' these 6 options change back to default values and 'disable absolute volume' doesn't work at all
  • Muser Muser
     /  edited February 25

Thanks, I'm able to replicate the problem with those settings. The setting updates when I make the change but the moment I back out of the menu it reverts them to their defaults. Have you (or can someone else) reproduce this on a non Nokia Oreo device?

Hopefully a mod can chime in with a way to report this issue to HMD.

• dextr dextr
     / 
    Thanks you have been quite helpful, How can I report this issue to HMD
  • Muser Muser
     /  edited February 26

I can't find any info on a bug bounty program (hopefully a mod can comment on that) but if you don't hear from anyone try their "general enquiries" email?

hmdglobal.com/contact (the forum sometimes marks links as spam)

• dextr dextr
     / 
    Update: The Bug still persists even after March Security Patch and Android 8.1 Update. The Email and Chat Support Representatives are useless and unhelpful. Need Help of a moderator.