Nokia 8 Screen Ghosting at -10 Celcius

My Nokia 8 is showing fairly severe screen ghosting at temperatures of around -10 degrees celcius.

Nokia 8 Screen Ghosting at -10 Celcius

Rudolf Rudolf
 /  edited February 27
My Nokia 8 is showing fairly severe screen ghosting at temperatures of around -10 degrees celcius. This causes noticeable blurriness when scrolling a webpage, for example.

To give a rough idea on the amount of ghosting, assuming the display refreshes 60 times per second, my hunch is that I'm seeing ghosts of the last 7-10 frames while scrolling.

Is this characteristic behavior for the product, or a problem with my unit? Should I worry about the longevity of the display?

Comments

• Nash Nash
     / 
    I am facing scrolling and ghosting issues at normal temperatures. Don't know whether it's a hardware or software issue.
  • user1519691588667 user1519691588667
     /  edited February 27
    I suddenly face the same issue. The screen started ghosting at normal temperature but only in the lower 2/3 part of it. All the other functions of the phone are working well. Any ideas?
  • Nash Nash
     / 
    Seems like a poor QC issue. I asked the service centre in my location and they told the part is not yet available. Have to wait nearly a month for screen replacement.