The forum has become unusable due to the growing number of spams

There are so many spams at times that we couldn't find relevant topic or questions from users. @HMD_Laura Please do something about this ASAP.

The forum has become unusable due to the growing number of spams

wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
There are so many spams at times that we couldn't find relevant topic or questions from users. @HMD_Laura ;Please do something about this ASAP.

Comments

• redskua redskua ✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭  / 
    ,,,maybe they all have Nokia 8's!!
  • wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    We need a permanent and rigid solution for these spams. There should be someway to prevent these from even happening. Its growing day by day. @HMD_Laura.

• wilson shrestha wilson shrestha ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Spam Spam Spam Everywhere 😂😂😂
  • ashutoshm07 ashutoshm07 ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Hi @HMD_Laura

This is a English forum. Someone is spamming the webpage with discussion in Chinese language (?) which I think most people on this forum don't understand. They are actually causing inconvenience because I have to put a lot of effort to find the real discussion with real issues. I request you to take necessary action against the users who are spamming this webpage with irrelevant contents and remove their accounts and their posts. 

Thanks,
    Ashutoshm07
  • naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    And now we have Korean spammers :)
  • ashutoshm07 ashutoshm07 ✭✭
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    They are back again! It is real pain to use the forum when they do these kind of stuff. Please prevent this from happening and remove the existing spam posts.
  • This site is slow, uninformative and of no use. Forum software was developed in 1980's one would be forgiven for thinking Nokia is disinterested in customers. 
    This is a case study in how not to server your customers. 

I have a bug in my phone - but this site is even worse. 
    So far my Nokia experience has been wholly negative. 
    I am telling everyone I know to avoid Nokia mobiles

• naufrago naufrago ✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    Spam Prevention
    Vanilla is equipped with several layers of SPAM prevention. While automated tools do most of the work, we encourage you to be vigilant and to enlist your membership to report any suspected spam.

Spam Detection
    Vanilla includes 2 spam detection plugins: StopForumSpam and Akismet. These can be turned on in your Dashboard from the Addons page.

Akismet
    : this plugin feeds your posts through the Akismet spam detection algorythm which looks at several factors including live data to determine if a post is spam.
    StopForumSpam: this plugin checks users against a list of reported spammers and will report posts as spam or reject them outright. The threshold for reporting and rejection can be set in the plugin’s settings.

Spam Reaction
    If you have Reactions enabled, you can choose to display the Spam Reaction which lets community members report spam posts. By default, if 5 members report a post as spam, it will be moved to the spam queue.

User Ranks
    Another tool available to combat spam and abuse is User Ranks. Many community managers want new members to prove themselves before they are given the ability to fully participate. Ranks, which can be awarded by moderators or by accumulating reputation points, can be linked to abilities such as having links in posts or editing posts once they have been submitted.