Nokia 3.1 Annoying Bug and lack of security updates

I recently bought a 3.1 and have to say im quite disappointed.

Nokia 3.1 Annoying Bug and lack of security updates

I recently bought a 3.1 and have to say im quite disappointed. The handset is generic and the VoLTE and VoWiFi are not provisioned (I found this out by using *#*#4636#*#*) Contacted my network (Three) who do support both services, they could do nothing to force the phone to enable it so its obvious to me its a firmware glitch, reading the forum there are plenty of others with the same issue. Ive tried two other sims, same result.

Secondly, despite Android One issuing monthly security patches mine is still 3 months behind on September. Come on Nokia, sort it out, you used to be a good brand, what on earth happened?

Comments

• Same here, last security patch was (and still is) September
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    My December security patch came through tonight for my 3.1 TA-1057
    Hopefully the same for everyone
  • Got it today Steve, still no VoLTE though...
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I never use volte but that's because I don't call anyone, but yes I checked and that's not available, I didn't notice it when I first unboxed my phone either, maybe others using a different network might have it ? I'll try my Vodafone and ID sims 
  • steve steve
    ✭✭✭  / 
    I tried my o2 contract, ID contract and Vodafone and EE pay as you go ..volte doesn't activate , so it's unfortunate but maybe it will be reinstated in a future update? 
  • I received December update yesterday...pls pls whats the use of this volte stuff...i dont get it pls