No September Update available - Page 3

No I don't think you did anything wrong.  I did the same a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure that HMD have released the October patch for the TA-1033.

No September Update available

Comments

• user1508452791717 user1508452791717
     /  edited October 2017

No I don't think you did anything wrong.  I did the same a couple of days ago.  I'm not sure that HMD have released the October patch for the TA-1033. Not here in the UK anyway.  

If anyone has received it maybe they could chime in?

• optimus optimus
     / 
    Tnx for info! Yesterday i was writing to nokia support and the told me that someone in the office got the update but question is was he thinking about ta 1033. I did mention in the chat that i have ta 1033 ss but you never know with those guys lol :)
  • Yeah, I have a hard time getting any sense out of customer support at the carrier or the hardware manufacturer. Basically, the people they allow you to talk to don't know anything.  We can't really influence what's happening except through forums etc. and hoping the feedback gets through to someone who knows what they are doing.

• optimus optimus
     / 
    Guys did anyone received October update for TA 1033 ss ? Tbx
  • Same question here. Only just been through the whole resetting process for September. Has 7.1.2/October update actually been released for the UK TA-1033?

If so, has anyone managed to find it on OTA?

O2 UK here as well.

Is worth noting that O2 UK don't actually sell or support the Nokia 3,5,6 or 8.
  • I don't think anybody with a TA-1033 has the 7.1.2 update. Maybe it hasn't been released yet.

I accept that O2 don't officially support the Nokia/HMD phones but I've owned umpteen phones from different manufacturers, always on O2 and I've never know OTAs not arrive because they've been blocked.

I think some carrier relations person at HMD just needs to have a quick word with someone on the technical team at O2 and I'm sure it could be sorted in no time.

• Hi i have the TA-1033 sim free on O2 in the uk,Yesterday i had a Carrier Services app update in the play store and immediately after i had a system update which gave me the september security patch.

• optimus optimus
     / 
    Guys me again :) lol. Anyone with TA 1033 received October update ?
  • Simon Simon
     / 
    Not yet. Going to try a different SIM tonight.
  • optimus optimus
     / 
    Simon please post result. Tnx! I tried already with different sim cards here in Serbia but no luck, same thing.
  • Hi all the only option working for ta1033 in UK at the moment is Download and install the Update from http://www.teamandroid.com/2017/09/01/nokia-6-ota-updates/

I did this and it does work
  • I tried this a few days ago on my TA-1033 and got in a mess with it.  The update failed part way through and just kept booting back to recovery. Had to reinstall the stock firmware with the June security patch and go from there.

It has happened to others as well because I found a few threads on it.  I had to use some cracked tool from XDA to put everything right. Not ideal!

Glad it worked for you though.  The whole experience put me right off trying again.

• It's annoying. O2 UK are just sticking their fingers in their ears and ignoring the issue and HMD Global are ignoring it too with no sign of anyone actually addressing the issue. With the promise of the TA-1033 being stock Android with regular security updates being the biggest selling point to me, it's become a bit of a joke thanks probably to O2. It needs fixing. We shouldn't be in a position where we have to reset our phones every month or resort to using other sources.
  • optimus optimus
     / 
    Guys today or tommorow I will try to hard reset my Nokia TA 1033 from boot manager and in that way my phone will be again like i first bought it, with no updates at all. Then I will se if I will get October update. Yesterday i was reading trough xda forum and saw that some people from North America and Mexico did get October update on TA 1033....
  • Simon Simon
     / 

Updating with another SIM card worked again. This time I swapped out my Kogan SIM for a Telstra SIM and it upgraded to Oct/7.1.2. I know people on BOOST who don't have this problem. Next month I'll try a Vodafone SIM and see if that works. This is in Australia BTW.

Nokia support are still blaming my mobile network provider and refusing to provide any technical information. The information they do provide is inconsistent and sounds like they're making stuff up to try and get me off the phone. Kogan support are telling me that it's a Nokia issue.

• The HMD Global is doing its best, that our next mobile phone is not a Nokia ! 

• itsmepramods itsmepramods
    ✭✭  / 
    Finally received ota update with oct security patch..i am using nokia 6 ta 1021 india version.i have tried all solution described in this forum but no luck with update.. and finally received without any effort.
  • optimus optimus
     / 
    Well guys I also tried to reset / wipe data trough boot mode on my Nokia 6 but i am still on September update and still nothing about October update....
  • user1507221287795 user1507221287795
    ✭✭  /  edited October 2017
    Just received the 7.1.2 and October security update here in the UK. On Giffgaff who use the O2 network. 
  •  I got it today as well.  TA-1033 on O2 UK.  I also got an update to the carrier services app. Could be linked?

Just glad it arrived eventually.  Faith in HMD (slightly) restored.

• Simon Simon
     / 
    I don't understand why the carrier matters. I bought this phone outright. The carrier should be irrelevant.
  • Nokia released 7.1.2 update,,,
  • Hey splash I got all the updates on my Nokia 6 T-1021
  • Simon Simon
     /  edited November 2017
    Nokia seems to have fixed this issue (for me at least) as I received the November update without having to swap SIM cards. I have not heard back from their support our my mobile network provider so I don't know who fixed the problem. My carrier name has not changed so it wasn't that.

Based on what I've read on these forums I suspect that my mobile network provider was finally added to the database on Nokia's OTA server.
  • user1513655259061 user1513655259061
     /  edited December 2017
    Hey Simon, posting this here incase you come back to check, can't figure out if there's a way to pm you or anything on here, just signed up. I'm in Australia too on Vodafone. Bought the Mrs n I one of these each last week. She got all updates out of the box, I didn't. Same exact model, bought from JB. Luckily they csne with a free Telstra sim each. Just inserted the Telstra sim and am now getting updates. I'm going to do them all on Telstra sim then wait to see if the new year ones come through on vodafone sim or not. One thing I noticed with the Telstra sim is I was getting Google service updates THEN the OTA would follow. On Vodafone sim the Google updates never came through. For all those internationals with the same problem, I think this might be the 'Google updates first' track that Nokia keeps preaching like bible verse. Hope this helps ✌
  • I've Nokia-6 Model TA-1025 [in Pakistan] and I'm stuck with Security Patch Level” dated 1st August 2017 and Android Version 7.1.1, Build # 00S0_3_32C_SP01.

It seems like I'm stuck with this Version & Security Patch Level of 1st August 2017. Have tried to remove SIM Card and stuff like that but nothing seems to work. Customer Support of HMD Global is also silent on the issue and not responding to any email query. Anyone with some workable solution here?

• Answer the question: Reset the factory settings.

• I Did got an email from Nokia who suggested me to follow a procedure, which eventually didn't worked either. I'd even tried the "Factory Reset" option as well, bu the problem still persists. It looks like I'm stuck with it for now.

• Hmd was promised up to date ,but not particular time, why
  • I uninstalled my camera updates now i want those updates back how to download it can anyone help me in that i am using nokia 6.1 2018 please help me with this problem