Phone randomly vibrating

My Sirocco randomly vibrates as if I had received a message, but when I look at the display, there's no notification (neither new nor old).

Phone randomly vibrating

My Sirocco randomly vibrates as if I had received a message, but when I look at the display, there's no notification (neither new nor old).
I even reset the phone, but the problem persists.
Is anyone else experiencing a similar issue?

Comments

• Yes, I have that occasionally to. I do not know how to reproduce, but every time display comes to live and no message whatsoever is to be seen. To mention, I do not use Whatsapp, there is only Signal Messenger running.

• pck1980 pck1980
     /  edited December 2018
    I have several messengers installed (WhatsApp, Signal, Threema, Hangouts), but I had them installed on my previous device, too (Nokia 8 "non-sirocco"). I never had those issues there, at least not that I can remember.
    The only app on the new device I didn't have installed on the old one is "Google Files" - and the December security update.

I also didn't notice that problem on the Sirocco the first few days, but this might be coincidence.

Oh, and I just found out that it's only vibrating and does not play any notification sound.
  • I have vibrate switch off + only notification on. Randomly may be twice a day i have strange notification without any real visible event.... 🤔
  • paul2 paul2
     / 

I have exactly the same problem with my Nokia 8 Sirocco

• Guys did we hear any solution to this problem? This is happening almost every other Nokia 8 sirocco phones..

• It occasionally happens to me too. However, a quick search on the Internet seems to indicate that this problem comes from Android Oreo itself, or rather apps not properly compatible with Android Oreo. One way to track it down is to take a bug report next time it happens. This can be done through the developer options of your phone.
  • Thabks Pyves. Does it mean that Android Pie will fix this issue? And btw did you read it only for Nokia 8 Sirocco or this happens with all Android Oreos?
  • Pyves Pyves
     /  edited December 2018
    I don't think Pie will necessarily fix this issue, as it's a problem at the app level. I read this about Galaxy S8 and One Plus devices.

Another thing that could trigger this is a temporary loss of phone network. Go to your app notifications listing in the Android settings, select the three dots to show system apps, and in Android System lower the importance of "Network Alerts" and "Network Status". Do the same for Phones Services -> "Alerts".

Again, the best is to capture a bug report just after this happens. I managed to find the corresponding "Notification Service: Playing sound" just when the spurious sound happened, and by looking at previous logs you can get a sense of what triggered it.
  • It seems that these random vibrations have disappeared on my phone. I did another factory reset, but I'm not sure if this really is the cause, as I reinstalled all or at least most of the apps I had installed before.
  • It's happening to my Nokia 6.1 on Android P
  • romu romu
     / 
    This never happened to since Pie update anymore.
  • svk svk
     / 
    I am also facing random vibration issue on Nokia 6.1 plus android pie device