Touchscreen Unresponsive in Nokia 7 plus

Touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive in my Nokia 7 plus (TA-1046) even after December 2018 update.

Touchscreen Unresponsive in Nokia 7 plus

dmt1992 dmt1992
✭✭✭  / 
Touchscreen randomly becomes unresponsive in my Nokia 7 plus (TA-1046) even after December 2018 update. It only gets resolved after I reset the phone with the power button. 

Comments

• I too face that issue sometimes on nokia 6.1 plus 
  • Workaround to restart is going to settings-->system-->about phone then the bottom part of the screen is working again- check posts in xda for details. Also waiting for real fix here...
  • Just chatted for a 2nd time with Nokia support, but soft reset and Google play services cache cleared are no fix. They said they will forward to developing team, but I fear there won't be a fix, as this is already months old...
  • dmt1992 dmt1992
    ✭✭✭  / 
    No change, even after the January 2019 update.
  • Still having this issue. And appears to be happening more often. 
  • Same issue here, have forwarded to support numerous times but they say its the drivers in the phone that need to be reinstalled properly.
  • StriderBIH StriderBIH
    ✭✭  / 
    Welcome to the club, Robin.  B)
  • xzenor xzenor
     / 
    My next phone will probably not be a Nokia. I never had a smartphone with this many software bugs as my 7 plus
  • Talked with support yesterday! They promise that bugs will be fixed in a maintenance update in about 2 to 3 weeks time! 
  • xzenor xzenor
     / 
    Talked with support yesterday! They promise that bugs will be fixed in a maintenance update in about 2 to 3 weeks time! 
    Oh you mean just like the wifi issues... That was 3 months ago.
  • Yeah, it is so badly handled, but when they say MP is coming in 2-3 weeks i have to trust them. If its not coming then i´ll buy a phone from a serious company.
  • struggling from many weeks, i wasted my 26000 Rs. on this waste product
  • In my case,  the first repair was simply software upgrade.   Of course,  it did not work.   Luckily,  I encountered the freezing problem again in front of the cs guy and he agreed to replace the screen.   After replacement,  the problem was gone. 
  • dmt1992 dmt1992
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Still no change after the February 2019 update. 
    The issue is just random. It won't come so often. But when it does, it's so irritating. 
  • I also had the same issue .I could not type anything. It was very annoying. I didn't have this issue when I had Oreo on my device.  I did a lot of searching and I found a solution that worked for me. I removed all evenwell apps using ADB. My phone is working really good now. It is even more snappier than before. The only problem that I am facing after removing those application is that I can not use power saving toggle in quick settings panel. I have to do it by going to settings menu. It turns on automatically if my batter goes down. I also had to reinstall some of the apps that uses location. Those apps were not able to get my location. But when I reinstalled those app it started working.
  • user1523300376554 user1523300376554
    ✭✭  / 
    I faced the same problem, after trying multiple things, I brought it in for repair, with confirmation by Nokia support to replace the display. Problem seems to be gone now, been using it again for a day now. Fingers crossed
  • Jorn Janssen Jorn Janssen
    ✭✭  / 
    same issue. screen randomly becomes unresponsive. lock and unlock gets it working again but it's very annoying.. april 2019 update
  • Erick H Erick H
     / 
    I disabled the evenwell apps from the settings menu and I have not experienced the problem for the last couple of hours. Before that, everytime I unlocked the phone the issue happened at least once. 

I recommend trying this to see if the problem goes away, you can enable again the apps in case it doesn't work.

You need to go to Settings -> Apps&Notifications -> See all Apps -> Show System (within the ... Menu) -> select any "com.evenwell.." app -> Disable

Hope this works! It feels really good not having to lock/unlock your phone every minute. I really did get used to doing it lol.
  • Phil Preston Phil Preston
    ✭✭  / 
    So far, I have gotten better results from wiping all around the edge of the screen with a wet tissue. I don't get the screen freeze problem for quite a while after that. When it freezes again, I just do another clean around the edge. Is the screen getting interference from dust on the edges?