Android 8.1.0 - Page 2

I have a model Benelux (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg).

Android 8.1.0

Comments

• I have a model Benelux (Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg).
  • thecubeguy404 thecubeguy404
     /  edited December 2018
    appu mali said:
    Actually the Oreo 8.1.0 update is received for the Nokia 3.1 not for the Nokia 3 (2017) plz notice that
    Nokia 3 (2017) is getting the MR update, and Nokia 3.1 is getting a new build with December patch too.
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 

It's really, which country this update are available for Nokia 3
    At least Finland.
  • Lol, received 8.1. I do not know why, but I always thought I would jump to 9.0
  • Good work , HMD .
    Thx so much for this Xmas gift.
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    appu mali said:
    Actually the Oreo 8.1.0 update is received for the Nokia 3.1 not for the Nokia 3 (2017) plz notice that
    Nokia 3 (2017) is getting the MR update, and Nokia 3.1 is getting a new build with December patch too.

What MR update means ?
  • Opsrot said:
    appu mali said:

What MR update means ?
    Maintenance Release update.
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    Opsrot said:
    appu mali said:

What MR update means ?
    Maintenance Release update.

Ok thanks.
  • Still not activated VoLTE or VoWiFi though, disappointing.....
  • abrahamp abrahamp
    ✭✭  / 
    Opsrot said:
    And one more question, are the night light and ambient display features present in this update? Because they were missing in the previous build.

Yes. 

How about the ambient screen? A really useful feature suncs there's no notification light, it is there in my mom's Nokia 5, but not on my Nokia 3.
  • Didn't saw that one coming
  • abrahamp said:
    Opsrot said:
    And one more question, are the night light and ambient display features present in this update? Because they were missing in the previous build.

Yes. 

How about the ambient screen? A really useful feature suncs there's no notification light, it is there in my mom's Nokia 5, but not on my Nokia 3.
    For some reason the option is missing but it's turned on and working...
  • jef jef
    ✭✭  / 
    Got the update a few hours ago (Philippines) Google Docs are preinstalled with the update. Night Light mode is available and for some reason NFC is enabled by default (I usually turn it off to save on battery). Some minor changes to system settings. And I noticed the lockscreen pattern is smaller.
  • Does anybody else experience a little bit of lag in some UI/UX elements after the update?
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    Does anybody else experience a little bit of lag in some UI/UX elements after the update?

No lag.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Currently its available in finaland Egypt romania Pakistan & srilanka regions, am waiting for it from india
  • Opsrot said:
    Does anybody else experience a little bit of lag in some UI/UX elements after the update?

No lag.
    Thanks, then I'll need to do a hard reset
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    appu mali said:
    Currently its available in finaland Egypt romania Pakistan & srilanka regions, am waiting for it from india

*Finland
  • ecoc78 ecoc78
    ✭✭  / 
    O got it too from Spain
  • Yuki Yuki
    ✭✭  /  edited December 2018
    The upgrade to Android 8.1.0 with December 2018 security patch is real. It was pushed here in the Philippines yesterday, December 20, 2018. Mine is Nokia 3.

I in fact reported a bug prior to replying here. ;)

Here are my screenshots as evidence:

• Yuki Yuki
    ✭✭  / 
    Lol, received 8.1. I do not know why, but I always thought I would jump to 9.0
    You can't jump to 9.0 without passing by 8.1.

Well, technically you can but it is safer this way. Remember, Nokia 3 - TA-1032 is not part of the Android One program. It's close but it still is not an Android One model. Whatever changes or limitations they have in this model, it is generally safer to pass 8.1 before going to 9.0.
  • Yuki Yuki
    ✭✭  / 
    Dave B said:
    Still not activated VoLTE or VoWiFi though, disappointing.....
    It requires a hardware upgrade not just software. I doubt our unit have that hardware support, so even if the software supports it, we can't use it without the hardware needed to make it work.

Then again, I could be wrong. Did they say Nokia 3 - TA-1032 have hardware support for VoLTE and VoWiFi? I could have missed that.
  • Yuki Yuki
    ✭✭  / 
    jef said:
    Got the update a few hours ago (Philippines) Google Docs are preinstalled with the update. Night Light mode is available and for some reason NFC is enabled by default (I usually turn it off to save on battery). Some minor changes to system settings. And I noticed the lockscreen pattern is smaller.
    You have to turn it off twice. (Now that you mentioned it, I forgot to report it as a bug… but it's very minor anyway).

1. Turn it off
    2. Force close the settings app
    3. Turn it off again (it goes back on)

To turn it on, do it twice too.

You'll probably want to turn it on later. We are getting more NFC support here. If you use MRT/LRT/Fort Bus a lot, it's one way to use that NFC. Balance check with your own phone and load through your own phone via the Coins.ph app.

I'm not so sure about the "Tags mode". It's the first I saw it and I can't find information about it.

For the Pay/Wallet option, since Google Pay doesn't accept Philippine cards yet, it's pretty much useless. But the rumour is Google Philippines is preparing for it or something.

• Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    steve said:
    Opsrot said:

Are you using the default launcher or a third party one from Google app store ? How did you get the black background on the app drawer ? 
    Hi Steve , this is new feature in android 8.1 if u use light wallpaper then background will be automatically light & if u will use dark wallpaper background will be automatically darkened, either u can turn off this atomatic function to light/dark theme, if u turn off the atomatic function the theme will not change aromatically, whenever u changed the wallpaper 
  • jef jef
    ✭✭  / 
    Yuki said:
    jef said:
    You have to turn it off twice. (Now that you mentioned it, I forgot to report it as a bug… but it's very minor anyway).

1. Turn it off
    2. Force close the settings app
    3. Turn it off again (it goes back on)

To turn it on, do it twice too.

You'll probably want to turn it on later. We are getting more NFC support here. If you use MRT/LRT/Fort Bus a lot, it's one way to use that NFC. Balance check with your own phone and load through your own phone via the Coins.ph app.

I'm not so sure about the "Tags mode". It's the first I saw it and I can't find information about it.

For the Pay/Wallet option, since Google Pay doesn't accept Philippine cards yet, it's pretty much useless. But the rumour is Google Philippines is preparing for it or something.

Thanks Yuki, I do use NFC when loading my beep card, but that's about it. I only turn it on when loading credits, but it's off most of the time to conserve battery. I do hope NFC gets implemented with LRT/MRT but we still don't have an app for that and GCash/PayMaya/Coins still don't offer NFC payments using the phone similar to Google Pay.
  • Appu Mali Appu Mali
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Hi users are u facing to any lags/bugs in 8.1 update?
  • ssusshaan ssusshaan
    ✭✭  / 
    received 8.1.0 today in Bangladesh
  • Francis Doquier Francis Doquier
     /  edited December 2018
    appu mali said:
    Hi users are u facing to any lags/bugs in 8.1 update
  • appu mali said:
    Yes the UI is slow and laggy.

Also adaptive brightness does not work.

These issues persist even after factory reset.
  • Opsrot Opsrot
    ✭✭  / 
    appu mali said:
    Also adaptive brightness does not work.

Turn it couple of times on/off -> then it works.