Pie Beta ends

Got an e-mail from Nokia. "Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8.

Pie Beta ends

LennartB LennartB
 /  edited December 2018
Got an e-mail from Nokia.

"Many thanks for being part of the Android™ 9 Pie Nokia phones beta labs program with your Nokia 8. Thanks to your valuable feedback, the official release will soon be ready and available to millions of users.

If you wish, you can roll back to Android Oreo™ to get the official Android 9 Pie release once it is approved in your market – just remember to back up your data because rolling back will erase your apps and files. That said, there’s no need to take action if you don’t want to – the only difference between the Android 9 Pie beta build and the upcoming official market release is the Feedback App. Users on the Android 9 Pie beta software will receive one security update before the next maintenance release."

I hope the feedback app is not the only difference and they improved the camera app.
Tagged:

Comments

• While I can't say I've experienced bugs or glitches, I'm quite surprised and disappointed if things like the actual UI for adaptive battery feature really end up missing from the non-beta release :disappointed:

• lukemanc lukemanc
    ✭✭  / 
    Very disappointed. On top what has been mentioned, I have issues with notifications (receiving push notifications with a delay ranging from few minutes to one day!) - apps like FotMob, Amazon Flex, Beelivery are now useless as they are based on push notifications. Also Bluetooth pairing with my smart watches stopped working, not sure if that's beta release issue. Very, very disappointed.
  • MrBelter MrBelter
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    lukemanc said:
    Very disappointed. On top what has been mentioned, I have issues with notifications (receiving push notifications with a delay ranging from few minutes to one day!) - apps like FotMob, Amazon Flex, Beelivery are now useless as they are based on push notifications. Also Bluetooth pairing with my smart watches stopped working, not sure if that's beta release issue. Very, very disappointed.
    I noticed that the new battery manager had restricted my messaging apps from working in the background without my permission.
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Please share any updates you may have, my chair is getting itchy
  • terminusaquo terminusaquo
    ✭✭✭  / 
    marsic said:
    Please share any updates you may have, my chair is getting itchy
    I will but I don't seem to get replies from him but I'll see what happens.
  • mrbelter said:
    I noticed that the new battery manager had restricted my messaging apps from working in the background without my permission.
    I did notice during the weekend that JuiceSSH had started to getting killed quite frequently while on the background for a while, even though it had been working fine while backgrounded just as before in Oreo since the update to beta. I tried setting the battery management options to as permissive for it as I could, but with no significant difference.

Initially I was thinking if the adaptive battery learning stuff was there after all and not quite adapted correctly to my usage, but might well be something else.
  • Don't hurry people, mybe with this words "the only difference", they mean the installed applications. It's really impossible the final version to be exactly the same as the beta.
    With all the complaints that we have, with missing features, missing new camera app, few bugs that we report every day and the angry customers all over the world that tweet to Sarvikas. 
    I can't imagine that HMD will release exactly the same version of Pie with just missing the Feedback app.
    This is going to be suicide, harakiri, for them.
    Get ready to be dissapodisap
  • My question is most I roll back to android 8 to get the android 9 .won't beta get update to stable android 9 
  • marsic marsic
    ✭✭✭✭  / 
    Yeah, I'm still on the beta pie, should I expect to receive the stable release later than the folks with the mainstream Oreo?
  • sergyu sergyu
    ✭✭✭  / 
    Better rollback guys, save everything on a pc and make a backup on cloud it's best

• Don't hurry people, mybe with this words "the only difference", they mean the installed applications. It's really impossible the final version to be exactly the same as the beta.
    With all the complaints that we have, with missing features, missing new camera app, few bugs that we report every day and the angry customers all over the world that tweet to Sarvikas. 
    I can't imagine that HMD will release exactly the same version of Pie with just missing the Feedback app.
    This is going to be suicide, harakiri, for them.
    I agree, we should wait and see.
    The e-mail is just kind of weird.
    Time will tell.
  • My question is most I roll back to android 8 to get the android 9 .won't beta get update to stable android 9 
    Forward the email said, you will receive a sercurity patch before the next maintenance releases, you dont need to do anything right now because the beta isnt different the final os